Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: is there 12 astrolgical enities

is there 12 astrolgical enities

I am talking about the zodiac, which I am into. It is very interesting to learn about the 12 signs - very interesting. The 12 signs contain energy that influence people. They can make people very emotional like a Cancer or very rebellious like a Aquarian. Is there 12 enities? Why do they influence people?

Blog Entries

What's Your Sign?

The 'Official' Zodiac has 12 signs which are symbolized by 12 constellations, but there are astrologers who believe there originally were 13, and one got 'removed' or made 'less important' with the advent of Christianity and it's usage of the number 12 to represent archetypes and divinity in general.
    Each sign has an element and an archetype (or two, sometimes), and, as many metaphysically aware people are, archetypes are supposed to be 'preexisting'. (For more info see the AD Pedia on archetypes).

There are many theories on why the astrological sign is significant, and two of my favorites are:

The statistical explanation- in ancient times, since astrologers were the scientists of the time, they noticed that people born at certain times of the year exhibited certain properties, and they created the symbol to fit the properties, and assigned the symbol to whatever constellation was in the center of the night sky. This is why constellations don't really look like their 'name', because the name was given to explain the traits, and not to describe the constellation or galaxy itself.

The EMF explanation- Other theorists postulate that certain times of the year we're exposed to specific patterns and levels of emf and that influences how our brains form as we're growing up. This one really doesn't tickle me as much, because nowadays we're exposed to so much emf that it really should override any other field influence. And whether people believe it or not, astrological signs do seem to describe at least some people really well, especially when time of birth and location are included.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Re: is there 12 astrolgical enities

Yes, you are right - I know people who act their astrological sign. Thank you for replying!

if you can find some of the old sky/star maps online of ancient days, they do have anthropomorphic entities assigned to the ages. not all are humanlike.
    I Don't Ever Give Up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktpTyT1Wj_I

"I'm no fighter, but I'm fighting, this whole world seems uninviting..."

Making Love Out of Nothing @ ALL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyFsyC4LqK4

Az for Me, of my Self, I am Home

Palehorse Redivivus Guest

PoL,

One thing I'm pretty sure on due to experience is that there exists what I call "thoughtform astrology." Which is to say, this system has become so well established for so long, that all the thoughtforms associated with a person's sign attach and become part of that person's persona, which they experience as their own personal traits. Thoughtforms can behave like entities, but are really just advanced AI, a collection of programming that may include a survival instinct, rather than a living being per se.

I found for instance that I had a lot of the traits of a stereotypical Aquarian, but unlike other traits I've been able to change, moderate or otherwise do as I please with, trying to do anything with these kicked up an unusual amount of resistance, which is usually a sign that they didn't originate with myself. Booted the thoughtforms out of my space, resistance gone, traits much more easy to work with.

I do lean toward thinking there may be a valid "genuine astrology" also, though. I've done a little bit of connecting with other planets, same as connecting with earth's resident spirit usually referred to as Gaia, who *do* seem to be living beings (and said planets may also host etheric life, if not physical life, IMO). Said beings may have some kind of influence with people who are aligned with them astrologically via some sort of resonance / connectedness, though that part, I haven't looked as much into.

Can I create a thought form to influence me? How to be influenced by it?

@Prince: People do that all the time. They create thoughtforms that help them get angry more easily or feel more easily scared and such. Most likely you also already created a thoughtform that did influence you.
    + Alienor +

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Prince_of_light36
    Can I create a thought form to influence me? How to be influenced by it?
    Yes, you can create a thought form and give some or even all of your power over to it. Most (all?) deity figures are thought forms, and people are definitely influenced by those.

If you allow a thought form to influence you, it can, just as people can influence you, books can influence you, what you hear on the news can influence you, etc. All of those things are thought forms, as well. You generate your own idea as to who other people are, what the news means, what a book means, etc.

Mind you, I don't know what this does or doesn't have to do with astrology. I'm not much into it (though I have studied it at some length, from both a mystical and a scientific/astronomical point of view).

As a matter of interesting synchronicity, I am right now re-reading, "Magical Use of Thought Forms: A Proven System of Mental & Spiritual Empowerment" by Dolores Ashcroft-Nowicki and J. H. Brennan. I very much recommend it for understanding all kinds of interesting things about thought forms and astral magick.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Palehorse told me the zodiac is made up of 12 thought forms that influence people by giving their personality traits to them. What is your view of astrology?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Prince_of_light36
    What is your view of astrology?
    I don't put any stock in it. I did when I was younger, but now, I have withdrawn any belief in it, and it doesn't appear to have any effect on me or my life whatsoever. I certainly understand and acknowledge the power of archetypes, of course. I just don't see that the position of the stars necessarily has much to do with it. Some people see a connection, some don't. I'm one who doesn't.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.