Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: is there 12 astrolgical enities

Blog Entries

Re: is there 12 astrolgical enities

My view of astrology is that it's a nice statistical analysis on people's observed personality trends according to the seasons. I don't really think it has predictive value, though.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler
    My view of astrology is that it's a nice statistical analysis on people's observed personality trends according to the seasons.
    I've considered that. Some people say it reflects the season in which you were conceived (something about the chemistry in your mother's body changing). But if that were the case, then Gemini would be Sagittarius in the Southern Hemisphere, and Leo would be Aquarius, and so on.

Fact is, the same zodiac constellations are visible in the Southern Hemisphere as in the Northern, and at the same time of year, which, of course, is opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler
    I don't really think it has predictive value, though.
    Nor do I.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

This is not a deep topic.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Prince_of_light36
    This is not a deep topic.
    It can be as deep as you want, if you get into mythology and archetypes.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

My view of astrology that it can influence people. I have studied it and observe people long enough to see that the astrological signs can influence people to a greater or lesser exent - I like it very much. I want to study about the 12 astrological signs more. Are they thought forms? Did people create them?

Blog Entries

Did people create them?
    People invented constellations. Well, not the actual stars, obviously, but humans looked at the patterns and connected the dots and said, "That's Persephone there, and this is Orion, and that's a swan, and that's a bear, and that's a cross, and so forth.

Also note that there are a number of different zodiac/astrology systems. The Chinese use one that goes on a yearly basis, for example, so everyone born in the same year is said to have the same characteristics. The system most familiar to Westerners now is based on the Greek system, but there are yet others.

Some of those systems are vastly different, and propose completely different characteristics and different periods for them to supposedly be in effect. It's all rather arbitrary.

If you grow up believing that because you were born in X year or Y month, you'll be like Z, I don't see why that can't affect you, of course, in the same way that any cultural belief can and does affect you.

As for the thought forms, possibly. But beliefs and thought forms only have as much influence as people allow them to have.

I don't know why this conversation is supposed to be "deep", though. I don't even know what that's actually supposed to mean.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

boris Guest

I think many embrace astrology because there is something to it and many reject it because, in the words of Edgar Cayce who wrote about it in depth, it doesn't really matter. Astrological factors are pretty apparent I say, but when you try and give it practical value, it becomes elusive. I see it as a field in and of itself that has its effect, but is too abstract and out there for us to really.. do anything with.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by boris
    in the words of Edgar Cayce who wrote about it in depth, it doesn't really matter
    Well, there you go.

Well, there you go
    It does matter - Knowledge is very important

people invented constellations. Well, not the actual stars, obviously, but humans looked at the patterns and connected the dots and said, "That's Persephone there, and this is Orion, and that's a swan, and that's a bear, and that's a cross, and so forth I am
    talking about the 12 achetypes of the zodiac, not the constellations. Who created the astrological signs?

As for the thought forms, possibly. But beliefs and thought forms only have as much influence as people allow them to have
    Yes, you are right, but they influence people on a subconscious level as it did with Palehorse.

Blog Entries

Yes, you are right, but they influence people on a subconscious level as it did with Palehorse.
    I don't get your point. Some people are influenced by some thought forms. That's not in dispute.