Hello. Since I posted this thread some time ago, I have been continuing to practice mediation and energy work as best I can, and have been researching, too. Unfortunately, I still cannot initiate--even after hours of mediation--an astral projection. The most that happens is muscle twitching, which I assume to be a result of chi flow (perhaps I am wrong). I have been able to successfully feel tingling sensations in my hands and brow chakra, but the feelings are very vague and I sure as heck cannot manipulate or move the energy once I feel it. I am thus somewhat stumped. The only other person whom I know that projects astrally describes visualizing a pyramid, which he thereupon spins or something. I cannot visualize at all, so that would not be helpful even if it made sense to me.

Is any of this even possible without external spiritual assistance? I am not willing to ask outside forces for guidance, because I do not trust them; nor am I willing to believe that I am a god, and that entities objectively distinct from me are merely my alter egos or "higher selves." Is astral projection possible without these concessions? If so, what could I be doing wrongly? Thanks for any help you can give.