Quote Originally Posted by Neil Templar
ok, well, this experience is typical of my dream experiences of late.
Hi Neil. This is now normal for me, I think I've talked about it here somewhere.
i'm lucid, but only to the point of being aware that it's not waking reality.
for example, i can jump off the top of a skyscraper, fully aware that i'm in no danger, and land without fear of death.
but i rarely get to that point where i say to myself "this is a dream", and gain full lucidity, and, therefore, control of the scenario.
Yep. Ditto.

am i making sense here?
it's like i'm 95% lucid.
Yep.

for a while i was quite happy with that, for the exact reason that's been stated in the responses here - i am still going thru with whatever the dream throws at me, and i know that's the most beneficial for me.
but if i'm now sabotaging the lesson, cos i'm lucid enough to know what's happening, but not lucid enough to take full control and allow the dream to play out, well, that's no good.
I disagree. I don't think you're sabotaging the lesson- the lesson may very well be that you are becoming more lucid all of the time. That everything that happens, while awake or asleep, is created by your own mind, and that there are other realities that are differently real, but real nonetheless.

I don't know if taking control of the dream is supposed to be a crowning achievement or not- I personally don't value it - I prefer to know what everything means in the dream (and I also realize that my 'goal' or 'truth' may not be your 'truth'- all I can say is that I'm in a similar boat (with the 'almost' lucidity) but I don't consider it a waste, I just think maybe there is more to be learned in these situations when I'm sure the dream is a dream and not an alternate environment I'm experiencing with it's own reality.
Or maybe it's my own way of losing touch with physical reality, IDK.
Just sort of musing here.