Thread: rosicrucian order

rosicrucian order

are you, or someone you know, a rosicrucian? what are your thoughts about the rosicrucian order?

i'm interested because i am considering enrolling in their studies.

thanks.

Blog Entries

Re: rosicrucian order

Tempestinateapot was a Rosicrucian for a few years. IIRC, she said that she was taught basically what most of us learn in metaphysics (about reality, etc.) but that it was full of ritual and circumstance. Since some of the more detailed posts were lost in one of the forum prunes we've had, here is what I could find:

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=5295&p=46829#p46829

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=14117&p=107469#p107469
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

I was an initiate in the Esoteric Order of the Golden Dawn at one point, if that's close enough. There's a lot of chest beating in the western esoteric community about who is rosicrucian and who is not. I'm not a fan of the strict and structured curricula, the hierarchy of the grades and the secrecy even within the order's circles. Some people are and it works for them. There was not much that I learned in the GD that I did not learn elsewhere -- in fact my proctor had once referred to me as "the next Aleister Crowley" because I was going through grades quicker than most. I can't speak so much about the Rosicrucian R.R. et A.C. Order (the Inner Order of every Golden Dawn group) but I've had peeks at grade materials and there's still not much new under the sky.

as always, thanks for the resources, CFT. and thanks for your input, yamabushi i was looking at the AMORC site. i guess they are well organized and the teaching materials are pretty good, but expensive. there's a temple near me, too, but after 3 free visits you must establish a monetary membership schedule. they are heavy on ceremonial activities -if you decide to attend them- which is not important to me one way or the other, however, if i do decide to take the courses i'm sure a 5 year graduation ceremony would be intriguing.

thanks.

how complex are the ceremonies? After 5 years, what can a graduate do? For some reason, I thought of joining, I live near their HQ in San Jose...I'm in graduate school, so I'm afraid of having a brain over-load doing both school at the same time...

orygbus, everything i know about their organization --which isn't too much-- can be read here: http://www.rosicrucian.org/about/mastery/index.html

i'm guessing the schooling might consist of 50% mental activities, but i can't really say for certain. however, if 'I' lived near their headquarters i would definitely show up on a night scheduled for open discussion on their doctrine, and check the place/people out.