Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Will we meet again?

Blog Entries

Will we meet again?

Will we meet again? Odds are, no, we won't. She was beautiful, certainly pleasant to look at but not in a cover-girl sort of way; but more than that, she was beautiful in grace and humor - exactly my kind of girl. Thing is, she doesn't live in my neighborhood, she doesn't even live in my dimension. Question is, does she really live anywhere?

I've considered this question times before; do citizens of the astral planes have a life there with the same continuity as I believe I experience here in the earth realm? I've thought it a cruel trick so often to have my desires trampled by the mere act of waking up and today I want only to find her again, but is it possible? And if we decide it is not, then why not?

The many authors of books and cyber-media concerning other-dimensional travel are of one accord; there are 'people' to see and 'places' to visit, but I cannot recall any journal of a revisit of a person or place in exactly the same context as the original experience. Often they will interpret a trip as being to a place or similar 'person' as a previous encounter, but it's always a simile or like comparison - a personal subjective and imaginative taxonomy of their ever confusing experiences.

But no, I want to see HER again. I want to know her and touch her. I want to bask in her presence. How can I do that? I quizzed my daughter about this this afternoon and she suggested this ‘her’ was merely a projection of my own self. As if there is just ‘me’ and no ‘other’ to the equation, and it causes me to wonder, is not she, my daughter, a projection of my own self? Yea, or nay, it doesn't really advance the inquiry either way. Projection or not I still have the same questions; is this dream girl a citizen of another land, does her life there comprise a story that she might tell, could she possibly be pining for ME?

Coincidentally I took a short break from this and picked up Kurt Leland's The Unanswered Question (thank you Korpo). Opening it to the bookmark my eyes fell on this: "Ordinarily, my dreams show little consistency of character or environment. While they may refer to the same subjects from time to time, the treatment of those subjects is highly varied. I may get information from them that seems to build on that provided by a previous dream - but only in my adventures in Otherwhere does such information concern the environment or state of consciousness I'm in, its purposes or function, and what the individuals I encounter are up to."

So, sadly, I believe the answer to my question, 'Will we meet again?' is a dreadful and resounding 'No'. Only if I could exactly duplicate the "environment or state of consciousness" I was in at the time of the dream, could I hope to revisit it. But I am ever so slightly a different person than I was the morning of that dream and whatever the constellations of my psychic energies were for those few moments, they have moved on.

Even with partners in the physical life, we wake up each morning to different people; she is not exactly the person I went to bed with, nor am I to her. Perhaps this says something as to how that 'hot romance' goes cool within a few months. I'm thinking of the lock and key mechanism between a virus and its host cell, how viruses may constantly mutate their combinations, thus eluding the body's defenses. As below, so above?

In the physical life we contract a union between physical selves agreeing up front to ride out the inevitable spiritual challenges that lie ahead. But how much more sensitive it is when there are no physical selves to bind in contract. I can no more bind my dream girl to a future reunion than I can shackle one cloud to another.

At least I can see by this line of reasoning the bigger question cannot be answered: Does she experience her life in the astral with a similar sense of continuity as I do mine in the physical? I doubt I'll ever know.
    Matter is only mind in an opaque condition; and all beauty is but a symbol of spirit.
    - E Hubbard

Blog Entries

Re: Will we meet again?

Hello, E1B.

Strange assumption - that she leads a different existence from yours at all. The other planes are often called the afterlife, and a fair deal of what we experience of them, is that - the afterlife. Or you could call it the in-between-lives-life.

Look at Robert Monroe. Remember the story about AA and BB? Robert experienced continuity in the story lines, as does Bruce Moen.

And I have two pen friends who experience something I haven't so far. Each finds their personal best OBE/dream friend time and time again. Most of the time as desirable female of varying appearances, but they always remember the ident, the feeling, the always know who it is. One of them meets his spirit friend also as a man. Spirit really has no gender and no looks, but there's recognisable uniqueness, and they've found it over and over again. Many different facets of love can be present, from shared joy and interest to romantic overtones.

So, don't erect a mental block before you've even given yourself a chance to experience this again. Don't expect to recreate the same experience, as this rarely works. Don't expect the same looks or the same surroundings. Just stay open to the possibility of meeting her again in some form, and remember the taste of her personality, how she felt to you, that quality you say that really appealed to you, and it might help most to know that it was her again.

Just set the intention and let it go. Let yourself be surprised, you really cannot control it.

Be well,
    Oliver

Blog Entries

Thank you, Korpo. It's a fine, fine thread, but I'll see where it leads me
    Matter is only mind in an opaque condition; and all beauty is but a symbol of spirit.
    - E Hubbard

Blog Entries

This thread reminds me of another poster- may be Niki123- that has recurring dreams with a man she had never met- and IIRC she just saw him in the physical last month or so- didn't meet him, but saw him momentarily.
    I don't know what it means, if anything.
    I usually don't have repetitive dreams about people, only places.
    FWIW.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

niki123 Guest

-+

Ha,ha ,ha!I was going to post anyway CFTraveler but you beat me to it.Yes,I have repetitive dreams about this man that I have never met but I saw him in 2006 or should I just say that we just stared at eachother for I don't long how long because it felt like time stopped.I saw someone that looked like him recently but I was not sure if it was him.The 1st time I am 100% sure it was him.
    Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler
    This thread reminds me of another poster- may be Niki123- that has recurring dreams with a man she had never met- and IIRC she just saw him in the physical last month or so- didn't meet him, but saw him momentarily.
    I don't know what it means, if anything.
    I usually don't have repetitive dreams about people, only places.
    FWIW.

niki123 Guest

Well,what can I tell you eyeoneblack ?I've been dreaming about this man many,many times but as time passed,I couldn't stay obsessed with this man so I had to live my life but deep down I want us to meet IRL.I really do but recently,I found out that detaching myself from this desire was the right thing to do.Before I saw him the first time,I was so sure that I was crazy but after it happened I was sure I wasn't.I've been thinking recently too that I'm not the same person then and neither is he.There must be a reason why I've had so many dreams with him .I too talk to my daughter about it.Strange.

BTW.There are no odds !We can't use reasoning to put a label on something like this and neither could we control it!It just happens and it's not up to us how or where or when it does.
    Quote Originally Posted by eyeoneblack
    Will we meet again? Odds are, no, we won't. She was beautiful, certainly pleasant to look at but not in a cover-girl sort of way; but more than that, she was beautiful in grace and humor - exactly my kind of girl. Thing is, she doesn't live in my neighborhood, she doesn't even live in my dimension. Question is, does she really live anywhere?

I've considered this question times before; do citizens of the astral planes have a life there with the same continuity as I believe I experience here in the earth realm? I've thought it a cruel trick so often to have my desires trampled by the mere act of waking up and today I want only to find her again, but is it possible? And if we decide it is not, then why not?

The many authors of books and cyber-media concerning other-dimensional travel are of one accord; there are 'people' to see and 'places' to visit, but I cannot recall any journal of a revisit of a person or place in exactly the same context as the original experience. Often they will interpret a trip as being to a place or similar 'person' as a previous encounter, but it's always a simile or like comparison - a personal subjective and imaginative taxonomy of their ever confusing experiences.

But no, I want to see HER again. I want to know her and touch her. I want to bask in her presence. How can I do that? I quizzed my daughter about this this afternoon and she suggested this ‘her’ was merely a projection of my own self. As if there is just ‘me’ and no ‘other’ to the equation, and it causes me to wonder, is not she, my daughter, a projection of my own self? Yea, or nay, it doesn't really advance the inquiry either way. Projection or not I still have the same questions; is this dream girl a citizen of another land, does her life there comprise a story that she might tell, could she possibly be pining for ME?

Coincidentally I took a short break from this and picked up Kurt Leland's The Unanswered Question (thank you Korpo). Opening it to the bookmark my eyes fell on this: "Ordinarily, my dreams show little consistency of character or environment. While they may refer to the same subjects from time to time, the treatment of those subjects is highly varied. I may get information from them that seems to build on that provided by a previous dream - but only in my adventures in Otherwhere does such information concern the environment or state of consciousness I'm in, its purposes or function, and what the individuals I encounter are up to."

So, sadly, I believe the answer to my question, 'Will we meet again?' is a dreadful and resounding 'No'. Only if I could exactly duplicate the "environment or state of consciousness" I was in at the time of the dream, could I hope to revisit it. But I am ever so slightly a different person than I was the morning of that dream and whatever the constellations of my psychic energies were for those few moments, they have moved on.

Even with partners in the physical life, we wake up each morning to different people; she is not exactly the person I went to bed with, nor am I to her. Perhaps this says something as to how that 'hot romance' goes cool within a few months. I'm thinking of the lock and key mechanism between a virus and its host cell, how viruses may constantly mutate their combinations, thus eluding the body's defenses. As below, so above?

In the physical life we contract a union between physical selves agreeing up front to ride out the inevitable spiritual challenges that lie ahead. But how much more sensitive it is when there are no physical selves to bind in contract. I can no more bind my dream girl to a future reunion than I can shackle one cloud to another.

At least I can see by this line of reasoning the bigger question cannot be answered: Does she experience her life in the astral with a similar sense of continuity as I do mine in the physical? I doubt I'll ever know.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Korpo
    So, don't erect a mental block before you've even given yourself a chance to experience this again. Don't expect to recreate the same experience, as this rarely works. Don't expect the same looks or the same surroundings. Just stay open to the possibility of meeting her again in some form, and remember the taste of her personality, how she felt to you, that quality you say that really appealed to you, and it might help most to know that it was her again.
    Well, knock me over with a feather! I went to bed early last night and woke up about 1:30 a.m.. This sort of sleep pattern usually results in being awake quite a while before I can manage to get back to sleep, but I remembered a meditation excersize that often helps - it's a 'place' that I go that results in feelings of happiness and serenity. If you can call a crystal sphere halfway between our sun and infinity a place

Anyway, it was from within this sphere and in the company of other lights like myself that I dropped off to sleep and into an amzing dream. This time though she didn't have light brown hair, it was definitely blond, but the shared intimacy was no less equal to that of the previous dream girl. The dream went on and on but my lucidity wasn't great - spotty.

Well, that's another matter
    - E Hubbard

Blog Entries

Oliver

Blog Entries

She may be a feminine aspect Eyeonblack and your meetings may be a form of integration. I'm glad she returned.

Perhaps this says something as to how that 'hot romance' goes cool within a few months.
    I heard a interesting take on this recently. The argument went that as soon as expectation comes with commitment - and fun, spontaneity and innocence are lost - then physical union just becomes another job, part of the routine. Instead, we should never expect that it is someone's "job" to take care of our needs but come together only when both people are genuinely drawn to do so.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

as long as we hold 'her' to a conceptual being, this is the way it is seen. though lovely it is tragic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Msoioc49III

letting her go from her bondage of caged thought, we may then clearly see her as ever remaining to be right before our very unclothing eyes, and most importantly hear her song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bU9FwP4u ... re=related

for there, within here, she, silenced, always is within that most vulnerable and frail field of being, emotionally so. to deny one's innermost feelings is then, in the thoughted arena, to have denied her to be yours.

what is a true man? certainly not what the world would make of boy, that to be a man is to deny himself of feeling his way to/for her.

so, find her there within here, or find her not in that which remains without her in it. fall to her whispered cry, as would jesus to sophia's call, fall in love unafraid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7t1FFxw ... re=related

sound the depths of yourself and let there be light while falling in to it, or her as it were. slay the imagined kraken of fear's shadowy allowances, and in truth bring her up into the light of day where she may be seen as revived love's reprize.
    I Don't Ever Give Up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktpTyT1Wj_I

"I'm no fighter, but I'm fighting, this whole world seems uninviting..."

Making Love Out of Nothing @ ALL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyFsyC4LqK4

Az for Me, of my Self, I am Home

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast