Quote Originally Posted by Alienor
I think the most important difference is between phasing and the "moving out of the body" (how does one call it?) technique, not between wake or being in trance.
Interesting. I've had a few experiences with pushing out of body into a "picture-window" that appeared in trance. Some of those experiences I might call waking-induced lucid dreams, but a few of them felt more like an astral projection both in terms of the feeling and look of my body and the locale.

Quote Originally Posted by Alienor
While phasing it is more like in a lucid dream, you have immediately full control over your body - it comes all very natural.
I found that to be true of the latter experiences I described above. On reflection, I'd say those experieneces were different from lucid dreams in terms of my bodily presence. While I can float and fly in a lucid dream, or become an animal, etc., the typical default is that I have a very physical presence and gravity is somewhat stable. In the experiences I call astral, my presence is usually less physical, I'm almost always floating, and control is easier.