Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: OBEs with the Body Awake?

dreamosis Guest

Re: OBEs with the Body Awake?

Quote Originally Posted by Beekeeper
    I've found myself out of body suddenly and not as a result of a dream or a deliberate attempt to get out. It happened to me as a child and as an adult, always in the real time zone and in verifiable ways where I've seen things that existed but sometimes of which I was not previously aware.
    Can you talk about that a little more?

Blog Entries

Sure, as a kid I found myself in my grandmother's room, floating over her. I hadn't been in there physically and didn't know she had dolls but she did.

Later we were going to Melbourne to stay with friends. I projected to the airport, where I'd never been. When we went there within the next few days it was familiar and I would announce to my sister what we'd see next.

A party across the road a few years ago disturbed my sleep and caused me to project out of body and across the road. There were a lot of inebriated people and I told them to turn the music down. Shortly after, someone did turn it down. They were evicted a few months later and my friend wanted to check out the house that was for sale. The room I entered OB was as I'd seen it.

Another time I was just out on an recently finished but unopened bypass that we'd walked on earlier that day. As with the other experiences, there was no preliminary dreaming, I was just there and fully aware. It was a very brief OBE.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

Blog Entries

Interesting that this thread went this way- most of my more 'verified' OBEs happened when young, and were spontaneous OBEs to relatives.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dreamosis
    How many of you have had OBEs from a light trance while sitting up? Or in other ways with the body relatively active?
    *raises hand*

Doesn't happen very often, but it has happened.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamosis
    Has anyone had OBEs/astral projections/lucid dreams that came on very quickly, with the physical body not resting?
    Yes. Generally when it does happen, it just hits all of a sudden and I find myself somewhere else (or on my way to somewhere else).
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

dreamosis Guest

Those of you that have had these OBEs while the body is awake on purpose (that is, by consciously inducing them), how would you describe the differences in inducing them?

Blog Entries

There is no difference in inducing them- they just come on quicker.
    I usually follow the same routine until I get symptoms- the symptoms determine what I do after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Alienor
    Same here, I think the same kind of question and answer by CFTraveler I did read some weeks ago
    Which is why I think this subject is an inevitable result of experience. Inevitably it happens to projectors along with the disappearance of vibrations, and other stuff.
    So, if you stick around long enough, you'll be reading the same question and answer routines many times again.

dreamosis Guest

Yeah, I have more work (or play) to do in regard to this type of OBE.

I think the most important difference is between phasing and the "moving out of the body" (how does one call it?) technique, not between wake or being in trance.
    While phasing it is more like in a lucid dream, you have immediately full control over your body - it comes all very natural. While with the other method, it is difficult to move - I guess one needs a lot of practice to get anywhere and to start being efficient and precise in ones actions.
    This is my own experience (even though I did the trance method only by accident while falling asleep). But from the accounts of other, that I have been reading of their experience, that seems to be for most like that.
    + Alienor +

dreamosis Guest

I think the most important difference is between phasing and the "moving out of the body" (how does one call it?) technique, not between wake or being in trance.
    Interesting. I've had a few experiences with pushing out of body into a "picture-window" that appeared in trance. Some of those experiences I might call waking-induced lucid dreams, but a few of them felt more like an astral projection both in terms of the feeling and look of my body and the locale.

While phasing it is more like in a lucid dream, you have immediately full control over your body - it comes all very natural.
    I found that to be true of the latter experiences I described above. On reflection, I'd say those experieneces were different from lucid dreams in terms of my bodily presence. While I can float and fly in a lucid dream, or become an animal, etc., the typical default is that I have a very physical presence and gravity is somewhat stable. In the experiences I call astral, my presence is usually less physical, I'm almost always floating, and control is easier.

Blog Entries

To add something- when I phase I usually have no body to speak up- the control is one of will, not of body. The only time I have a discernible body is when I etheric project (as in OBE), and not every time either.
    FWIW.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast