I just had a pretty involved dream about driving home in my childhood neighborhood. The car was basically out of control. It sounds like this is a very common dream symbol. It had a lot of details though.

First, I realized that I've been in this situation before in my dreams, so it's recurring (like a few times a year). It's this familiar dream feeling of the car going really, really fast and me trying to slam on the brakes to keep from missing my turn (which I did miss) and trying not to hit other cars. I think my mom was in the passenger seat, and I told her "it's OK, when can get there from here" from the following street and wasn't too worried. Then I was somewhat stressed trying not to hit the other cars, but I made it. I've had previous dreams where it's just SO hard not to hit the other cars that it's almost impossible, but this wasn't *as* bad.

A few minutes earlier in the dream I was a few blocks back and it was raining and I was picking up my daughter. She jumped in the driver seat and I said "we'd better switch because I can't drive from this seat". I've had this dream too where I try to drive from the backseat or the passenger seat, but it hasn't happened in a while (like a year maybe). Usually when that happens I try to drive from the other seat weirdly.

Anyways, so we switched places and I drove through the rain and made my left turn through lots of traffic. That's when it switched to the first scenario above. Oh, did I mention that it was my husband's car, not mine? I said it out loud to my mom above when I figured it out.

Any input would be helpful. Thanks, Kelly