Thread: How to cencentrate

How to cencentrate

Hello all!
    I can relax q good, i can even enter trance from time to time (i can hear astral noises, time slows down , vibrationss, falling... - i can't hold it very long) but i just can't focus on any projection technique without my mental dialogue suddenly distracting me. I meditate (or at least try to) for approx 30 min a day and i progress very slow (i can' t silent my mind for more than 30seconds).
    I am persistant and i know that i will somehow learn to silent my mind and concentrate, but please help me with this problem (any techniques, suggestions etc. would be appreciated.).

Blog Entries

Re: How to cencentrate

When you think you're ready for an exit technique, do energy body loosening instead- and then try the exit tech. If you feel distracted go back to trance induction, then ebody loosening, then exit again.
    I have never needed to concentrate on an exit technique- it's just a mechanism to trigger a reflex. So that makes me think you need a little more time.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

30 seconds is good work. Anything over 12 seconds counts in Raja Yoga. Just meditate when you are meditating. Do energy work and astral projection separately. If you were to practice for 15 minutes or so you may find yourself on your object for 12-30 seconds several times. It takes about that long anyway to settle in and get going. The more you try to make the thoughts stop, the more of them you will get. Physical sensation is good because it draws off the energy that would otherwise go into the internal dialogue. The sound and feel of your breathing, the surface you are on, the feel of your position within gravity. These kinds of things are helpful anchors. Just keep part of your awareness on them while you do your technique. Besides, the important thing is constantly - and gently - bringing your mind back to your technique when you catch yourself not doing it. Catching yourself is good news, because that is a sign that you were aware that you weren't doing what you set out to. Do it enough times and you can start to rely on yourself to realize when it needs doing.

Thank you for your replies. However, i have been practicing concentration almost exclsevly for 2 weeks or so and i my best time now is approx. 75s - concentration is now no more an issue.

How are you going about evaluating how much time you were able to hold on to an object for concentration?

Hi tom! I do this with the clock like image. I look at each number for one breath and then i move on. When a thoght bumps in i move back to one. At the end of the session i multiply my highest number of breaths with length of an average breath 15 - 20s(depends on a day). The image of the "clock" i use is attached.

There is a way of going around on a pattern by placing the tip of your thumb to places on your fingers. Start at the base of your index finger, then go to the crease where the first joint on the finger is. Then the crease where the second joint is. Then the tip of the index finger. That's 1-4. Then the tip of the middle finger, then the ring finger then the tip of the little finger. 5-7. Go down the ring finger to its base along the joints. 8-10. The base of the ring finger and the base of the middle finger are 11 and 12. Going up the the joints of the middle finger gives you 13 and 14. Finishing with going down the two joints of the ring finger gives you 15 and 16. It is a spiral pattern. You can go through this pattern on one hand and keep track of how many times you make it all the way through on your other hand. That takes you up to 16 x 16 times. I think that is 256, and 4 minutes is 240 seconds.