T
    U
    V
    W
    Y
    Z

---------------------------

Hi,
    I am going to use this 'Topic Thread' to record, write about any lucid dreams i have or any dreams that seem important or stand out for myself. Any comments are welcome xx

Dream History.
    In total I have had approx. 10 lucid dreams, most have been within the last year or so.

Swimming Pool / flying Dream

Date: 27/July(07)/10
    Time: approx 4am - 5am

Becoming lucid
    There was music loudly playing somewhere, i noticed that the scenery to the side of me was familiar, i looked at it closely to remember where i recognised it from, as i did this the scenery had now changed and i suddenly realised i was dreaming. I was thrilled and went off to explore.

Flying
    I followed a pathway that led to a road, in front was hedge and trees, i decided to try and fly, like superman style and with the intention to glide up into the air, i did. [i seem to be getting better at being able to be airborn and glide along in the air, it's great fun]

Also later in the dream [after the guy had left and before i decided to 'ask to be taken'] i saw two people, some distance in front of me, in upright positions flying/gliding through the air and landing in some trees. I had never seen anything like that before.

Later on in the dream, [after i tried to get back to my body] i was flying /gliding and having some difficulty getting much speed or height, i was passing over what looked like our town market place and every now and then, i would get a burst of energy which would lift me higher and speed me up. I realised this was coming from others, some of the people who were working 'normally' at their market stalls who noticed me, were sending me 'energy' ? to help me continue to move. I was able mostly to see who were doing this for me and acknowledge and thank them for it, as i passed by them.
    Then i met up with a 'female friend' [i don't know who she was, i just found her suddenly with me, it seemed she knew it was a dream-enviroment] who accompanied me for a bit, before i decided to go off and do some more flying - practice. I was able to acheive alot of height and became quite good at reaching the target i wanted to fly too. Others were flying around in the air with me, they all seemed to 'know' about me and seemed helpful and supportive. [it was at this point i lost lucidity]

Speaking / connecting with others
    As i flew over the trees, i found myself above a small swimming pool with a guy swimming in it, i shouted 'Hi' and to my suprise he responded and said 'Hi' [i rarely find other people that seem aware or interested in engaging with me during lucid dreams] There were a few other people around that i could see. This guy asked me if i was meditating and i told him i wasn't and that i had arrived there from lucid dreaming or what some people call, i was about to say OOBE, but before i could, he said 'astral projection' and so i agreed. At this point we were both hovering up in the air and i decided to check what my reality looked like, the colours were abnormally vivid, almost cartoon-like and so i decided it was definately a dream enviroment.

I don't remember playing in the swimming pool, but i'm sure i did, i have a 'feeling sense' of having been swooping down into the pool and back into the air and having fun experimenting with this.

Experiences Noticed
    Sound - I remember hearing the tone of the guys voice and also my own voice [which i do not like] as we chatted.

Passing through Solid Objects - This guy flew around with me for a while and i remember passing through some objects and trying to really be aware of what it felt like passing through them. I actually don't know now what we passed through, but it felt confined, damp, wet, it was also dark, i think it was wooden. [i have never passed through a seemingly solid substance before in this way, although i have tried many times, usually i just can't push through things]

Later after this guy had left i tried to walk through a window / wall to get out of a building i was in, but i failed as usual, i was unable to pass through the window and my lower body got half way through the wall below and got stuck, not allowing me to go any further. So i had to un- stick myself and use the door. . .Haha.

Asking to be taken . . . - I asked to be taken to where i needed to go and i started to glide forward, i was about 50m off the ground, seemingly following a road. [in past dreams i have not had much success asking to be taken to certain places or people, i move / glide in the air fairly slowly and never reach my choosen destination] i realised i was going further away from where i had began lucid dreaming, so decided to stop and go back, as i really wanted to get back to my body to wake myself up, before i lost lucidity. I did lose some lucidity at this stage, but i was aware of more flying experinces before i lost totally lucidy and it became a totally normal dream. [see last paragraph in Flying section]
    Last edited by newfreedom; 16th November 2016 at 07:44 PM.
    " the core of spirituality is to optimize your personal evolution" ~ Robert Bruce

Blog Entries

Re: My Lucid Dream Journal

Nice, Newfreedom, I'm glad you got to hug her this time.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beekeeper View Post
    Nice, Newfreedom, I'm glad you got to hug her this time.
    Thanks, yes, it was really nice, just like the real thing

The 'passing-on' of my dog companion recently, seems to have brought up/back, issues of loss and grief, especially with regards my mum, whom i was very close too.
    Been having lot's of non-lucid dreams just lately about loss, upset and grief, not particularly pleasant, but necessary i guess
    " the core of spirituality is to optimize your personal evolution" ~ Robert Bruce

Blog Entries

I'm sorry to hear that your dog passed on. Sending love your way. xx
    Williams)

Blog Entries

Thankyou Beekeeper, xx

It's over 2 months ago now since he 'passed-on', but i'm still missing him.
    He was my 'huggable' dog, he's the one snoozing on my chest in my profile picture xx

Blog Entries

He's beautiful! I bet he's around you a lot.
    Williams)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beekeeper View Post
    He's beautiful! I bet he's around you a lot.
    Thankyou xx

I'm not sure if he's around me alot, although i can be sensitive at times with certain things, i am blocked / or am not able to access him if he is around. Unfortunately all my dreams with him in have been either upsetting or distressing with nightmarish feelings and elements to them

BUT i had a lucid dream this morning in which he was in and it was rather a pleasant one...

Spinning with my dog to change location

Date:
    23/07/11

Time: 8am ish

Place: Previous house (first home i lived in as an adult, lived there for approx. 10 yrs, about 10 yrs ago)

Dreamed contained: hamsters, doors, my dog, spinning, another, road, on a car journey

Becoming Lucid: I was in the hallway gathering up hamsters, that were running around. I was wondering if they were pets or wild mice that just looked liked hamsters, i got them all into the lounge and shut the door to keep them in, until i could get a cage or something to put them into. As i was in the hallway doing this i recognised that i no longer lived here and that if i was here then i was 'dreaming'.

My dog was barking quite feriously behind the kitchen door, so i opened the door and let him into the hall, at first he continued his aggressive charge at me, until he realised it was me and then he went on past me to find the intruder. When i turned around the front door was wide open and it was dark outside, now the lounge door was open too.

(NB: i often have dreams where i turn around and the back or front door will suddenly be open, when earlier it was closed, quite scary and disturbing - too many horror films!)

I don't remember closing the frontdoor, but i'm sure i must of...

I decided to go out the backdoor and off to somewhere else to continue my lucid dreaming. I thought it would be nice if i could take my dog with me, but thought i would not be able to fly up with him in my arms (too heavy)

just then my ex-partner came through the back gate, home from work it seemed.

(My memory is hazy here, i can't remember if i was holding my dog at this time already, or if Tod ran up to my ex-partner, to growl and then greet him. I have played both scenario's over and over in my mind, but i'm still not sure... I am rather thinking that perhaps i was engrossed in working out how or what to do with the situation and with this in mind, was already 'imagining' holding my dog ready to 'go-off'.... and that my ex-partner coming un-expectedly through the gate, startled me and perhaps caused me to lose my concentration and changed the scene aswell)

So i am holding / carrying my dog (he's medium sized - sheepdog-cross) in my arms and decide to 'spin' to change location, i do spin around some times, but am not able to get up much speed, when i stop 'spinning' my dog starts making coughing sounds like he's going to be sick !

Ah, yes, not a good idea to spin your dog around !!!

Anyway, it suddenly works and we are now in bright sunlight, there is a straight main road infront of us and all the rest is mixtures of green fields. I am standing and Tod is still in my arms, i do not recognise where we are

Next moment i have no vision (eyes closed and sleeping ?)but am well aware of where i am, i am travelling in the car with my family. I can hear my dads voice talking, it is familiar, comfortable and safe, i feel so content and everything feels 'right'

I wake up....

xx

Notes: At the end, when in the car with the family, i am not sure whether this is my own perspective, or rather this is the perspective of my dog...

Either way, it was a perspective i had never know consciously before and really do appreciate receiving this
    Looking back on the experience now, it felt like my mum was driving the car, my dad at her side, me, my son, my daughter and our dog or dogs (my parents had a dog too) all in the backseats

I suppose it could have been the mutual perspective / feeling sense of us all, that i was feeling and not just my own or the dogs

Anyway, it was a really lovely 'time, energy, space'...

Blog Entries

Hello, newfreedom.

That your vision was off during the end might signify a change to a not fully developed energy body - signified by the car. You have the mobility sense on (3rd chakra in Kurt's scheme) and are able to sense who is with you (4th chakra). This does not mean it's necessarily your family. Whenever dreaming of care it can be the case of exploring within an energy body, and it's also interesting in those cases who's driving. When somebody else is driving, the experience might be for exposure to this new body and you are "taken along for the ride." The feeling of safety and familiarity might denote you have some connection to whoever is with you - as close as family, and hence appearing as family.

Note how the lack of vision occurred shortly after spinning into a new location, and without continuity of memory between standing and riding in the car. This is similar for example to how people may wake up in their astral body, standing in the vicinity of their bed. They don't know how they got there, not having had exit or transition sensations, but the result is the same if you can recognise it - a transfer of consciousness. Such transits are sometimes experienced as blackouts or lack of continuity.

The thing with the doors suddenly being open might be less sinister than it seems. In nonphysical reality the environment changes in response to you. This might have even been an invitation for going outside and explore there. Similar to the portals other people report. You could also use it as visual feedback. When the door is closed, maybe something inside the house is of interest or worth exploring. Especially if the door won't budge or cannot be walked/flown through. Then there's a likelihood the situation you find yourself in could be a simulation.

If the door is open it could be an invitation to go exploring, which you promptly did. Your efforts were rewarded by finding yourself in a new location.

Cheers,
    Oliver

Blog Entries

Just adding a little to ample Oliver's suggestions:

Quote Originally Posted by Newfreedom
    Becoming Lucid: I was in the hallway gathering up hamsters, that were running around. I was wondering if they were pets or wild mice that just looked liked hamsters, i got them all into the lounge and shut the door to keep them in, until i could get a cage or something to put them into. As i was in the hallway doing this i recognised that i no longer lived here and that if i was here then i was 'dreaming'.

My dog was barking quite feriously behind the kitchen door, so i opened the door and let him into the hall, at first he continued his aggressive charge at me, until he realised it was me and then he went on past me to find the intruder.
    Gathering the hamsters may represent pulling together the unfocussed aspects of your psyche that was necessary before you attained lucidity.

The kitchen is a place for cooking something up, an expression meaning where ideas and adventures begin, and a hall is a liminal place, again suggesting you were on the threshold of an adventure (or you could have lost lucidity). The intruder was the new element that entered your awareness and your dog running off seeking it in the darkness suggests a willingness to embrace the unknown.

A great experience!
    Last edited by Beekeeper; 27th July 2011 at 09:39 AM.
    Williams)

Blog Entries

Thanks Oliver and Beekeeper for your thoughts and understandings - very interesting and illuminating !!
    Very much appreciated xx

Recently (last year or so) i have had a few dreams / nightmare-ish type dreams, where i am trying to escape nasty beings / monsters and shutting the outside doors to keep them out, then suddenly finding the doors open again, so i think when the outside front door was suddenly open in my recent lucid dream, i was connecting with the 'horror, dread' feelings from these other previous dreams, least that's how it feels to me now.

Hopefully after your recent info. / comment on doors being open, Oliver, i will be able to hold this info. to help me experience the 'open doors' as less threatening next time.

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast