Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: My Lucid Dream Journal

Re: My Lucid Dream Journal

Hi, very interesting to read your amazing clear experiences and i like the way you record it.

and one of the impressionable things i find is the picture/symbolic of the male&female kids,
    my first association was something like thats your-own-inner-yin&yang-aspect,
    which seems equilibrated and naturally rising.
    wishing joyful expansion, greetings from germany

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by istia
    Hi, very interesting to read your amazing clear experiences and i like the way you record it.
    Hi Istia, Thankyou for your kind comments. I had a little 'look' at how others were recording their own dreams and that's where i got my ideas from, although i have also been meaning to have another look at Robert's advice on how and what to record {i have the first astral dynamics book}.
    I am very pleased with the increase in the amount of lucid dreams that i am now experiencing since i started writing them up on the forum here. I get lots {usually at least 2, often times as many as 4 or 5} normal dreams most nights that i remember, but although i try to 'hold onto them' by remembering and running through them when i wake, which i do, it never feels comfortable to explore these or write them up, only the 'lucid' dreams.

and one of the impressionable things i find is the picture/symbolic of the male&female kids,
    my first association was something like thats your-own-inner-yin&yang-aspect,
    which seems equilibrated and naturally rising.
    Haha, balance, now that is something i could do with, never really had much balance in myself, always extremes. Reading my 'write-up' again, i have realised i put the boy and girl on the wrong sides, my daughter was on my left and her boyfriend on the right, funny how i wrote that the wrong way around. Strangely i can still feel the energy presence of my daughter on my left side.
    Children were always a big part of my life, my own two, looking after my sister's two children and then working in a children's nursery for some years. I haven't had 'little un's' in my life for about 4 years now and have been noticing that many of my normal non-lucid dreams are back in the 'good ol days' where my children are young again. Sometimes after having these dreams i can also still feel the energy presence of my young children around for days afterwards, it brings the memories and feelings of days 'gone-by' very close indeed, i do miss those connections i had when my children were younger, but it seems in reality they are obviously still there and within reach too.

Thanks again for sharing your impressions / thoughts, it's not often i see symbolism in things, my thinking abilities rarely function in that type of way, so it's nice to get another's different viewpoint
    " the core of spirituality is to optimize your personal evolution" ~ Robert Bruce

Blog Entries

Lucid Dream Memory / Checking details in houses

Date: 18/11/10 Time on waking: 2.30am

Starting Location: Road i used to live in as a child /teenager

Lucid Dream
    i found myself in the road of where i grew-up as a child, i was going into others houses, to check if they looked the same as they were in 'real' physical life, the reason for doing this was, as some sort of reality check, to see if i was in 'real time', astral or dreamscape. I also talked to others whilst in the dream about going into houses as a means of checking things out.

Some thoughts / notes
    What i have written below is a little difficult to convey in my own words that will or could make any sense to others, so you'll have to forgive me if what i say is not 'correct' with the terms or words i have used to describe what i mean

The above experience has opened up new understandings for me, bridging lucid dreams, clear vivid dreams and non-sensical dreams pieces. I get a feeling sense now of 'how i am' in each of these, it's almost like there needs to be two parts of my 'awareness self' in the dream scenario before i can be aware that the lucid dream being experienced is 'just that' a lucid dream.
    I feel that all my dreams are experienced as a lucid dream to the part of me that is dreaming at the time, but if i cannot pull that extra awareness in, {would this extra awareness be the part of me i experience as being me ?} to acknowledge it's a dream and i have the ability to think and choose separately from the 'original lucid dream part of myself' and to be able to then think about my choice, then it seems i cannot bring the dream back with the feeling that it was a 'lucid' dream.
    I guess this is really all about 'lucidity' levels.

Although this was a lucid dream experience, it felt like it was only a memory of one. When i normally have lucid dreams, they feel more like moving from one reality {dream space}to another reality {real physical life space}

When i woke at 2.30 this morning i remembered i had been {out} / lucid, but because i had not been able to save the whole experience as a lucid dream, i did not have much memory of my experiences. It was like i held two parts, the first part being that i had been lucid during my dream {i had known i was dreaming} and the second part being the pieces of the memory of what happened which is held very much like a vivid dream, but not the with the lucid side of it intact.

I feel i lost lucidity during the dream as i got carried away with checking out the details of the houses i entered and forgot that i had a choice to do something else.

Ok, i have just realised after reading my above attempt to explain my understandings that this IS what Robert conveys with the mind split phenomena that he explains and writes about in his book {i have the first copy}
    So this is probably about the mind-split effect and which part of myself i am 'with' and also about the mechanism of the downloading of memories.

Gosh, there's nothing better than experience to gain understandings is there ?
    " the core of spirituality is to optimize your personal evolution" ~ Robert Bruce

Blog Entries

Vivid, Non-lucid Dream / viewing the Sea

Date: 24/11/10 Time: morning

I was on a type of balcony that belonged to the people who i was staying with, i was quite high up and had a good clear view all around. Mostly the roof tops of houses but to my left i could see the sea, i could see this so clearly, as clear as when i am lucid.

Some thoughts / notes

I did not realise i was dreaming until i woke up, yet i was so very 'present' and able to 'look' and 'take in' deeply the sea view.

I wonder if this was 'just' better memory recall or whether i was in some way more 'aware' within the dream than i normally am ?

Blog Entries

Trying to become more Lucid / church building

Date: 26/11/10 Time: morning

Staring Location: Corridor of some building

Becoming Lucid
    I was in the corridor of some building that i was trying to get out of, i had looked through some windows and was aware of it being sunny outside. I finally found a door to the outside and pushed it open and went through, once outside i realised i was dreaming.

At this point, i think i started to wake up, as i had some difficulty in staying in the 'scene', it was like i could see myself, more than actually being there as myself. I desperatly tried to get myself back into the 'dream scene' and was looking around to see what i could focus on that would pull me into the dream more fully. I was scanning the row of houses infront of me to see if this would trigger an idea of what i could do, to enable myself to stay in the dream. I spotted among the roof tops, what looked like a church roof etc. Using this as my reference point i starting walking rapidly towards this, walking along the road infront of me towards the church.
    i woke up.

Some thoughts / notes
    Although i realised i was dreaming once out of the building, it seemed i lacked the ability to really be there, to be present and to even think about what i wanted to do.

Blog Entries

Dreaming or Real ? / Back garden

Date: 29/11/10 Time: morning

Starting Location: My back garden as it looks now in 'present' time

I found myself outside in my back garden, it was quite dark and warm, i was wearing a T- Shirt, trousers and nothing on my feet. I don't know where i was going or why, but i found myself opening the back garden wooden gate and walking through this. Then i realised i was testing the weather to see what it was like, this then jolted me to realise i must be dreaming, since it was very cold, icy and snowy in reality, i thought to myself this must be a dream. I came back into the garden and closed the gate behind me, i decided a 'good way' to test if i was dreaming or not was to throw myself onto the floor ????? not sure where that brilliant idea came from
    I threw myself down onto the grass and yep, it all felt real, so i decided that obviously i was awake and not dreaming...... everything then went dark and i woke up.

Blog Entries

Paddling in the sea

Date: 5/12/10 Time: 9 am approx. on waking

Starting Location: A unknown town

Dreamed Contained: Town, my son, other people, sea, doubts about dreaming / 'frozen' time, breaking glass panels

Becoming Lucid
    I was trying to find my way home {i often am in dreams} i had just stopped to ask for directions from a man, he seemed not to know where we were { my son and I} and seemed to be trying to delay us, keep us chatting, this made me un-easy {insecurities came up for me here, from memories of being a young teen} and so i politely brought the conversation to an end and moved swiftly away from the man. We came to a bend in the road and there was a shop on the left that had cards on display outside, i knew i needed to buy some cards, but somehow i also knew it was inappropriate to try and buy any here. Then we were out in a type of square in the middle of some town, i now realised i was dreaming.

I saw my son walk off in a different direction and enter a shop, i wasn't worried, i thought we might meet up again later.
    Having realised this was a dream, i had doubts that i could be doing and seeing as i was, this seemed to bring the whole scene to a halt, everything became still, the people that had been walking earlier became motionless and 'frozen' in time.
    I knew i was losing my ability to stay in the dream and decided to focus on getting to the sea, the sea front was infront of me. Once i decided to focus on doing this, the dream scene became normal and i found myself running barefoot on the sand towards the foamy waves.

At first, there was not much sensation of the water on my feet or legs and this seemed to disturb me greatly, so i concentrted on feeling the icy sea and my legs becoming freezing and numb. i was saying over and over in my head, 'it's freezing, it's freezing' and so in the end it was and i was satisfied that this was a real experience of paddling in the cold sea.

The next part of the lucid dream seemed quite as if it was happening to me, rather than me 'running the show'.
    Next i entered a building, it seemed to be some type of restuarant, people sitting at tables etc. I saw a glass show panel and decided i could try and go through it, at this thought the panel fell to the floor and smashed { my subconscious? as i know i feel i cannot even try to walk through glass} I then decided to look for a suitable picture that i could enter, i looked at a scene in a glass cabinet, it was two white coloured mummy cases that were animals ?? rather like some sort of rhino, nope i wasn't going into them, they too fell out of the glass cabinet as the glass panel broke and fell to the floor. I looked at several other pictures, panitings etc. mostly weird faces, nothing suitable to enter into.

I continued looking for a little while longer, before i thought it best to wake up, before i forgot all i had done.
    i woke up.

Some thoughts / notes
    Earlier on in the same dream, i had been walking along a mud lane and to my right i past some trees, i made a real effort to 'look' and 'take in' what i was seeing, not knowing i was dreaming at this point. Since starting to lucid dream more regularly i do sometimes in 'real life' 'look' and try to 'take in' what i see in the same way as i do when i dream. It often brings in a very strong sense of 'dreaming', and that being awake in my body is not so far removed from being awake in a dream. The boundary lines can feel very blurry at these times

Blog Entries

My most aware Lucid dream /Mrs Lotter

I think this lucid dream has been my most 'real' / clear one so far. Although i have now forgotten some things that happened, at the time, i experienced the 'realness' 'clearness' as more than other times it would seem. I am not sure why this experience felt the 'most clear' I think my interactions with others was more engaged perhaps than i've experienced before. But what makes one dream, more 'real' feeling than the next ?? Anyone know ?? i was more aware perhaps, but why would that be ? More energy in someway or something ?

Date: 6/12/10 Time: approx. 10am on waking

Starting Location: An unknown house

Dream Contained: house, shopping mall, new experiences for me, a closeness to others, conversations, what i'm wearing, seeing my hands, getting back to the same dream scene, telepathy

Becoming Lucid
    I was in a room, which seemed to be my room, a new house perhaps? and i was thinking that the funiture would fit / work better another way {this is another common dream i have in new houses, arranging the funiture etc.} My family were there with me, i had looked through a couple of windows and through one i could see a small pathway before land with gravestones on it, next to a graveyard and church ? i was suprised by this and called my daughter over to coma and look. Eventually it dawned on me that this was not my house or my circumstances {new house} and so i must be dreaming, on realising this i left the room i was in to go explore.

The door lead into a square hallway and infront of me were some stairs up towards the bedrooms ? I decided to go up the stairs and was about to climb them, when an elderly lady started to decend down the stairs, on seeing me she went back up and gestured for me to go up.
    I felt a little awkward being in her house and decided to be very truthful with her, I asked her if she knew who i was and where i was, she proceeded to tell me what she knew. Unfortunately i can't remember all that she said, but i feel this is the most engaged conversation i ever had in a lucid dream. I can remember having eye contact with her and feeling a real rapport with her too.
    She told me she was called Mrs Lotter, she said she didn't think i was there to cause her harm as i was still in my bed clothes, to which i looked down and saw i was wearing my long vest top and nickers only {eh hem - embrassing thankgoodness i do wear something to sleep in at night} This is the first time i have ever really 'looked' and seen my body and what i was wearing, i must try to remember to 'look' at what i am wearing more often. She also said something about the fact that i was physical and that my feet were real to surfaces etc. and so i was obviously not a ghost. i can't quite remember all that she said though, which is a shame. I was apparently in my home village.

I told her i was 'dreaming' and my family were here with me too, but that we would now leave her house and go home. She came downstairs with me { missing memory} she then went back upstairs and we left her house. {i forgot all about the clothes i was wearing or wasNOT wearing...???} As we were leaving, a few people were calling at the house asking if the 'lady' was there / in ? i answered she had gone back upstairs and i didn't know if she was going to bed or not, the young woman left the others she was with and a dog outside and went in the house, we left.

We made our way past the house and i remember looking at the glass double doors with gold fancy handles and thinking i have never seen this house before. My family and i began walking towards a brightly lit shopping mall, as we entered the mall, i said to my daughter, this is so real, this is like that film, 'inception' she said, 'yes, inception' i said. I also remember trying to get my son to make notes of things so he too would remember the experience.

The dream goes on and remains lucid for some time, until i wake up.

Part of what i remember is lying next to someone and being able to see there face close to mine and talking to them with my mind, i was doing this for some time and was amazed i remained still very lucid, i had never experienced doing this before whilst being so lucid. Then i started to lose lucidity and there was a time i could see my hands, i must of being trying to stabilize the dream.

I was awake or so i thought, in the bed with my ex-partner, then i realised this was not 'how it was' anymore and with this knowledge was able to go back to the place i had left, the mall, but my friend had gone, the lucid dream goes on for some time after this.

Some thoughts / notes
    So this is the first time i 'look' at my body / clothes, first time talking telepathically to someone and the first time to get back to the same dream scene whilst being lucid in a dream and also a much deeper more engaged conversation with another {Mrs Lotter}

Blog Entries

Blue Haze Real Time Garden / lots more lucid scenes

Date: 8/12/10 Time: 8.30am to 9.30am

Lucid Dream 1. - Blue Haze Real Time Garden
    Starting Location: Back door of my present house

Dream Contained: Talking with others, blue haze atmosphere, loss of vision, an awareness of what i was wearing, broken washing machines /dyers

Symbols: a row of radiators drying bedding in the street, a bed being used outside
    Symbolic modifiers: bedding was white duvets and also sleeping bags {the ones my dogs use for bedtime}, the bed covers were pulled back and the bed was empty.

Becoming Lucid
    I walked out of the back door of my house, as this happened i knew i was dreaming, the atmosphere was blue and hazy / misty and everything else could be seen as a black silhouette. I was thrilled thinking i must be in real-time, as soon this excitement came rushing in, i lost my vision. I felt at this time, that i must have gone back to my body as all i could see was a deep blackness with blobs of colour, similar to what i have observed behind closed eyelids. I felt very much still alert and stated 'clear sight' / 'i want to see now' these commands have so far never worked for me, so I then decided that my 'best hope' would be to focus on continuing to walk along the path of my garden to the gate, this 'worked' and i opned the gate and went through.

A lady delivering papers or other to people's homes passed me by, i tried to duck out of the way, so she wouldn't see me. I think she did see me, but chose to ignore me and continued to walk on. At this time, i became worried as to what i was wearing and looked down to see i had on an old favourite blue baggy jumper from 10 yrs ago. This was long enough to cover half of my upper legs and so i felt comfortable enough to venture out in this.

As i turned left to go down the road, there was a row of radiators drying bedding sitting in the middle of the road, for some reason i brushed these drying items onto the floor as i went past. When i reached the end of the road {it's a no-through road}
    i saw the delivery lady walking up past the houses to my left. I decided to look over a neighbours wall, in their back yard there were 3 washing/ drying machine type items {broken i presumed} {can't remember what else i saw} I decided to take another look, this time there was also a bed in the left hand corner and it looked like it was in use too ??

I have memory loss and confused bits at this point, but the elderly lady whose bed it was, was angry at me for snooping. Another younger lady arrived and i tried to get explainations from her as to why this lady was sleeping outside and how did she know this lady. The younger lady was quite abrupt with me, basically it was non- of my business and go away.

Next there were 2 men, one was apparently the owner of the house, which he said was a hotel, whose back garden i had been peering into, at some point i remember feeling the need to check what i was wearing, i was wearing a night shirt and matching dressing gown, ones i had bought and used in hospital during the time when my son was born, i obviously thought this was perhaps not enough, so i checked again, this time i saw myself wearing a pair of red silky shorts and a khaki leopard print vest top, {clothes i used to wear over 20 yrs ago} I understood that i was wearing all of these clothes, the shorts and vest top were under the nightshirt etc.

I did think at the time i should probably wake myself up so i wouldn't lose lucidity but i was having too much fun and wanted to stay longer. I continued to chat with the hotel owner for some time, after this i decided i would try and fly, get airbourne, but i could just not get off the ground, my intentions to get airbourne all failed......... i don't remember anything else after this.

When i did wake up, i woke up blank, but about 30 secs later the memories of this experience came back {thankgoodness}
    Without writing anything down i went back to sleep.

Lucid Dream 2. - Cartoon House
    I found myself out on the road of my childhood home, i looked up the road {scenery change} and there was a long driveway, leading to a huge white house, with an orange door. The colours were very bright and vivid and the scene resembled the simple bright, colourful look of a cartoon image. I turned around and looked the other way, the scene this way looked more real and so i decided to go that way instead. There was a building that resembled a garage with a window the other end of it, the garage door was wide open and so i went inside, the window had no glass in it. I thought if i went through the window it would take me to another place, so i went through, nothing happened, i was just the other side in the same scenery, a neighbourhood of houses.

I think i woke up and went back into dreams in a lucid way some more times, either that or i had more scene changes, as i know there was more but i can't bring anything else back at the moment.

I woke here, before going into the next scene.

Added Note
    this dream cartoon house i found 3mths later in real life - a bank money box shaped like a house (although it was not identical in colour, when i saw the house money box, there was a definate & strong 'clicking-in' sensation/feeling associated with the dream image that flashed up in my mind)

Lucid Dream 3. - Being Reckless
    I was in the center of my town, i was dreaming AGAIN and i knew it, well by this point of successfully going back into dream visions again and again, i was getting a little 'carried away'. It wasn't real and i knew it, non of it was real, no-one was real, it was all my imagination, my dream. There was a lady wearing big sunglasses with red rims, i went to snatch these from her face, i failed, but she took them off anyway. There was a pink open topped mini car parked in the middle of the town square, i asked the lady if it was hers, she said 'no'. So i tried the door it was open, keys in ignition, so i started the car up and drove off. I was intent on causing mayhem in this dream because it wasn't real, i decide to crash into other cars and even run over the 'pretend people' {My son has a video game where you drive a car madly around in this way.}

So off i go........ then i remember Robert saying to treat everyone in a dream with respect and as if they were 'real' ........ OOPppsiee
    I stopped crashing and running people over and joined the queue of cars in front of me in an orderly manner, i wonder how long it will take for the queue to clear......... i don't remember any more.
    I did have other dream bits after this, put i don't remember being lucid again

Some thoughts / Notes
    I have never before experienced going into so many dream scenes in a lucid way, so often and so quickly. It seemed almost like i would close my eyes to sleep and then be 'there' awake in the dream scene, i think this must be a bit like 'phasing', the scene imagery formed and then i was in it. But it was very quick and i was not aware of the 'process' of phasing really happening.
    Last edited by newfreedom; 12th January 2014 at 05:23 PM.

Hi, again really great for me to read your dream-experiences and congrats on the special strong lucidity you`ve gained lately.
    There do occur quite often ladies in your LDs and at least in one of them I had the impression the lady - especially Mrs. Lotter! could be a kind of Guide.. ?.. and when I look at the name, it could be a hint and translated to something as *Gain* for you... anyway, just somehow got the feeling... and also have heard that guides are often appearing in differently disguised forms... (as I said somewhere a guidelady once appeared for me in a funny space-ship-commander-form, and im truly convinced she IS one of my guides)
    This your following question i find extremely interesting... this is also so much what Im wondering about... in my case maybe even a bit more complicated as although i have had some lucid dreams as well, i usually am not lucid at all, but all the same it feels that in my *dream-i* im in my most real and natural identity.
    But what makes one dream, more 'real' feeling than the next ?? Anyone know ?? i was more aware perhaps, but why would that be ? More energy in someway or something ?
    wishing joyful expansion, greetings from germany

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast