Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: My Lucid Dream Journal

Re: My Lucid Dream Journal

Hi Newfreedom, Im very happy for you to have met Tod and have been able to hold him in your arms again. Whenever my beloved-cat-friend-Ati appears in my dreams, even not-lucid, I know it is something special. I see him as my otherworlds-power-animal and so I see your dog is for you
    And agree, very illuminating replies of the others here.
    wishing joyful expansion, greetings from germany

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beekeeper View Post
    That could be fear of losing privacy too, Newfreedom.
    Ok, thanks Beekeeper, that would make alot of sense too, i do have issues to do with privacy
    " the core of spirituality is to optimize your personal evolution" ~ Robert Bruce

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by istia View Post
    Hi Newfreedom, Im very happy for you to have met Tod and have been able to hold him in your arms again. Whenever my beloved-cat-friend-Ati appears in my dreams, even not-lucid, I know it is something special. I see him as my otherworlds-power-animal and so I see your dog is for you
    And agree, very illuminating replies of the others here.
    Hi Istia, thankyou for your comment,

i was wondering after reading your comment 'Why wasn't i more 'appreciative' of meeting Tod and holding him whilst being 'lucid', i don't think he has ever been in any of my lucid dreams before.

The only way i can understand this is, that i knew it was a 'dream' and that holding Tod in my arms felt 'no different' than when it did in 'normal life' and so in that sense it wasn't extrodinary in anyway.

Also i have been spending alot of time in dreams with Tod, only they haven't been particularly pleasant ones, so maybe the dream me is not familiar withnot having Tod around and therefore being with Tod in this lucid dream was not unusual for me in a feeling sense.....

Still my lack of reaction was strange though !

Perhaps he is with me more than i know, maybe i should feel and look for him more within my mind..
    i just did this and got a lovely funny image of him, seems i just need to 'wonder where he's at' to get experience of his presence with me ....
    " the core of spirituality is to optimize your personal evolution" ~ Robert Bruce

Blog Entries

Brief Lucid experience, - driveway

28/07/11

It was an afternoon nap

I was in my 'old home' trying to find a pen that worked, i picked up a second pen and this too had hardly any ink, at this point i knew i was dreaming,

i decided to go back outside onto the front driveway and 'fly high' into the sky, when i got outside there was a black posh - looking car parked outside the driveway, that hadn't been parked there earlier. It was a very bright sunny day, but i began to loose vision, i shouted 'clear sight' and 'i want to see now' but realised i had lost my vision due to the fact that i was waking up.... and wake up i did

Shame... it would of been awesome to fly up into the sky on such a beautiful day

Blog Entries

The pen running out of ink was probably your indicator it wouldn't go long.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

Blog Entries

Afternoon nap (today)

Hypnogogics - stroking my deceased dog
    I was stroking my (now deceased) dog's head, everytime i stroked his head, his eyes would focus forwards as if he was trying to get my attention and show me something

Backward roll energybody experience
    i must of fallen asleep, i became aware of waves of strong energy going up through my body, this happened a couple of times before i found myself tumble towards my head (rather like doing a backward roll)
    i had no vision but now felt upsidedown in a curled up position at the top of my bed, just then i felt like i was holding my arms up in the air, as i let my arms drop, one of them hit the desktop next to my bed and so now, i assumed i really had physically moved into this position and it had not just been my energy body.

With this understanding in mind i struggled to get fully conscious so i could get out of this 'rolled up position', only to awake properly to find my arms by my side and lying down flat on my bed.

------------------------

After realising this, i went back into sleep,

i then had a long lucid deam, but i wasn't really very happy or impressed about this, i'm not sure why, i think perhaps i wasn't feeling emotionally great and this spilled over into how i experienced the lucid dream, basically with 'little delight' or enthusiasm
    So i am going to write it very briefly...

Lucid Park dream (with low enthusiasm)

i was walking down the hallway of my now home and one of the rooms was a different shape, this brought me into lucidity.

Next i was in unfamilar extra part to my now house
    Went through a door to outside, bright and colourful park -like land, people too, two ladies who looked liked twins and other people were around
    i came to a ledge high above the sea, i took off with the intention to fly, but it felt like i was falling instead, i decided to land safely on land and did so by landing on my feet on a path back at the park.
    i looked around for a suitable horse to ride, i found one and i did ride it for a while, but it wouldn't go any faster than walking pace and so i got bored and got off.
    i chatted to a guy that was sitting down for a while, he had had some accident and had presently lost the use of his legs

The lucid dream did continue for some while longer, i went down and out of some building, passing a black snake (someone was telling me i had done that wrong and now i was at risk from the snake) i didn't really take any notice, i continued on and past going through what seemed like someone's back yard,......

i know there was more, but i have no more memory

Notes
    i think i was feeling that the dreamscape was limited and i was limited in what i could do and that it was nothing very special. i had a strong connection to my body asleep on the bed, so maybe the input of this was making me feel this as a limitation and a 'holdback' within my experience....... i'm not sure

Blog Entries

Well, exhaustion or even just feeling a little down will do that to dreaming. I wonder if the man you spoke to was actually a spirit.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beekeeper View Post
    Well, exhaustion or even just feeling a little down will do that to dreaming. I wonder if the man you spoke to was actually a spirit.
    Hmmm, well i was feeling a little down, but no more than usual really,

I don't think the man was a spirit, all the people in the dream seemed like 'normal' people and i did also briefly talk to a woman too, she had offered to lead the horse for me so as to get him trotting, instead of just walking.

i think i need to 'step it up' a little now and start doing or asking things that are more spiritually important, i usually only have enough awareness to do physical type activities and interact in normal ways and if i ever remember to ask of 'bigger' things, in the past nothing has happened or i lose the dream.

Hmmm, i'll have to take a look at things to do / ask when in OoBE and practice the thoughts in my head untill i remember them enough to do them once i'm dreaming.

See if i can get some more interesting things happening

Newfreedom:
    >Also i have been spending alot of time in dreams with Tod, only they haven't been particularly pleasant ones, so maybe the dream me is not familiar withnot having Tod around and therefore being with Tod in this lucid dream was not unusual for me in a feeling sense.....

yes, though i rather would name it a bit different in that i think our dream-I`s do very well know that we as whole-soul-beings are never sperated from each other in last truth, so when we dream-meet a beloved being who has gone to the other-side our true-selfs just feel this natural as our true-selves never ever have lost this connection on an energetic/soul-level and so will not be surprised or perceive anything as "unusual".

Newfreedom:
    >Perhaps he is with me more than i know, maybe i should feel and look for him more within my mind..

for sure I think so, not neccessarily but naturally as you both have become energetically such a close union. And anyway it takes time, i think somehow on both sides. Now after 5 years I only dream-meet my Aticat very rarely, cause I did/could let go, but in the first years I did regularily focus-exercises to connect me to him in the other world. Best way for me was this *gazing/peering*-technique, also described by Don Juan in Carlos Castanedas books, just looking without focus into the dark, being silent/meditative inside and without wanting to "see" anything. Our other animals in the house (who were missing Ati as well) did very often kind accompanie me sitting in the backyard, even sometimes somehow "showing" me that now is a good time and energy to go gazing+connecting, that was very mystical and comforting for me as well.

Newfreedom:
    > ... i assumed i really had physically moved into this position and it had not just been my energy body.
    With this understanding in mind i struggled to get fully conscious so i could get out of this 'rolled up position', only to awake properly to find my arms by my side and lying down flat on my bed.

so in my eyes that in fact was an exit of an OBE but which was not conscious and the whole exit-process then was interrupted by your doubts about that you`ve already seperated from your body. Would you see/say the same?

You are having so many fantastic experiences, always great to read for me, thanks for sharing!
    wishing joyful expansion, greetings from germany

Blog Entries

for sure I think so, not neccessarily but naturally as you both have become energetically such a close union. And anyway it takes time, i think somehow on both sides. Now after 5 years I only dream-meet my Aticat very rarely, cause I did/could let go, but in the first years I did regularily focus-exercises to connect me to him in the other world. Best way for me was this *gazing/peering*-technique, also described by Don Juan in Carlos Castanedas books, just looking without focus into the dark, being silent/meditative inside and without wanting to "see" anything. Our other animals in the house (who were missing Ati as well) did very often kind accompanie me sitting in the backyard, even sometimes somehow "showing" me that now is a good time and energy to go gazing+connecting, that was very mystical and comforting for me as well.
    Thanks Ista, for this wonderful practical advice and help, i think i can do that 'staring thing' you mention too
    Yesterday was fun, i was having fun with the dogs, being active (for once!) in the house / garden and as a little grey clothes moth came flying out of somewhere within my room , my voice sang. said peapoose

This is just one of the many, many different names Tod, our dog was given by me and the kids..

Later that day i saw another exact same moth in the garden and my voice 'blurted out' PEAPOOSE.... ahahaha !

so i don't know what connection Tod has to 'clothes moths'...... but i do know as children our house would often get clothes moths living, nesting and eating our clothes, carpets and curtains...

This was well before Tod was born, 20 yrs or so.....

Anyway i was delighted to hear myself call out one of Tod's 'nicknames' and it allowed me to find slightly more peace with the situation of losing Tod.....

XX thanks Istia xx

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast