Thread: out of control truck

out of control truck

I dream about trucks a lot it seems. Sometimes they are pick-up trucks, sometimes semi-trucks. And I have no idea what it means as a symbol.

Last night I had a dream that just seemed to go on all night. There were a lot of people in it. Some from my past, but most were not. It seemed like we were at a conference. We divided up into smaller groups and went to different localities within one town to attend outdoor classes. My group was having a class on a huge slab of rock. People were nestled in here and there on makeshift seats in the crevices of the rock. We were on the edge of a fruit orchard and there was a winding dirt road that led up over the foothill. (Now that I write this out I can see that fruit orchards, winding dirt roads, and foothills are all significant landmarks in the town I grew up in. I just visited there a couple of days ago.)

I see that there are cars parked along the dirt road and I walk up the road to see what's going on. There are picnic tables there, and it seems that they are having an another class. It grabs my attention that there are a lot of Middle Eastern men there. I find it curious. One of them is trying to teach from a book, probably a holy book. He seems to get frustrated and walks away.

I walk farther up the hill and can see a large truck begin to drive down. It is a handsome semi truck. The cab is red and the trailer is a shiny silver tube, like it would be carrying gas. The truck glimmers in the sunshine. As it makes it's way down the hill it goes out of control. It jack-knifes and skids down the hill, moving very fast. As it skids, it over turns repeatedly and bounces a little every time it hits the ground.

The people around seemed to me mesmerized by it and don't move, like deer in the headlights.

I am standing next to a man and I can feel a tremendous rush of excitement as the truck rolls down the hill in my direction. It is so thrilling I don't want to move. The man I'm standing by grabs me and I think he's going to pull me out of the way, but he doesn't and I am grateful. Instead, he puts his hand on my head and gently pushes me down as he kneels. We watch the truck bounce right over the top of us.

It is the most incredible thing I could ever imagine!! Exhilarating, and not even the slightest bit scary!

(Ooo! I just thought, if you've ever seen Final Destination 2 then you can imagine the truck out of control.)

Blog Entries

Re: out of control truck

The first reference point is where the teaching takes place. Fruit orchards mean "nourishing growth." Also fruit are "potential growth" through their seeds.

You go up from that level and you meet something going downward - the truck with the trailer. The truck could be symbolic for "bringing something back" from that higher level (the content of the trailer). So, a bit similar to an information download. Similarly about the trucks and pickups in other dreams - they are not just for transporting people, but also some freight, something to be done with.

Something about the process is out of control, resulting in the crash of the truck. Maybe it's related to the excitement you feel, can't say.

Cheers,
    Oliver

this seems to be a dream about standing in your fears, faith that you're in the right place at the right time regardless of oncoming disaster and incoming exhilaration.

your guide neither took flight, nor gave fight, simply kneeled down and held his and your shared ground for you.

this might be a premonition of how to respond in a future event, instead of reactively moving when stillness is called for.

i can right off think of many scriptural quotes that explain this same method which overcomes through stillness vs using movement.

my two cents,

tim
    I Don't Ever Give Up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktpTyT1Wj_I

"I'm no fighter, but I'm fighting, this whole world seems uninviting..."

Making Love Out of Nothing @ ALL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyFsyC4LqK4

Az for Me, of my Self, I am Home

Thanks Tim. Right now I'm being pulled in two different directions. Neither has anything to do with being still. But it may be a good idea for a little while.