Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: What was your personal proof?

Re: What was your personal proof?

Quote Originally Posted by Volgerle
    As an open-minded skeptic, of course, it should be your own conclusions, after weighing (for yourself) all hypotheses that present themselves; but it should be really "all" alternatives considered.
    The thing is, I don't want to jump to conclusions. To an extent, it's natural, but I think open-mindedness includes being open to all of the possibilities, including the ones someone would call skeptical, or the ones someone would call paranormal. Once you've reached a conclusion, you've closed yourself off to other possibilities, perhaps some you've never even heard of, and one of those might be correct.

an ASC: Altered State Of Consciousness which makes you experience other realities
    Maybe. But I'm not going to treat that as a foregone conclusion.

However, it does not replace the experience you can make for yourself. Nothing else is what R. Bruce and other AP experts and spiritual teachers tell us all the time. Learn the techniques and principles, get out and do it yourselves!
    I buy that completely. That's actually something I talk about in my blog, that experience is more valuable than making guesses any day. Out of all of the different paranormal things you hear about, I think that the OBE is the most interesting one because, whatever the basis of it is (whether it's imagination ore something more) I believe completely that it is something that can be done, and that it would be worthwhile to do. I outline this belief in my blog. Particularly in the post, Why skeptics should have out-of-body experiences. http://thepoliteskeptic.blogspot.com...t-of-body.html

What I meant by "perhaps in a different forum it would be evidence of alien abduction? Or some sort of government attack." was not that one of them has to be correct, but the opposite. It would be foolish of me to go and accept one explanation of something that's entirely mysterious to me. I would rather say, "I don't know."

The basis of my skepticism isn't a firm belief that supernatural doesn't exist, it's the belief that it might not. If something happens, and there's even one other explanation, and I ignore that, and it ends up being the truth, then I've been duped.
    Pay no attention to that man behind the keyboard!
    http://ThePoliteSkeptic.blogspot.com

The default position should be lack of belief in anything without confirmation. Once you accumulate experiences you may start to assemble some kind of belief structure.
    My personal proof I got with the repeatability of experiences associated with energy work.
    As for believing in anything on a larger scale: gods, our destiny, grandiose things like that, I hold no beliefs nor do I think too much about it. My experiences don't reach that far and there are so many conflicting and contradicting views you don't know what to choose. I am sure I will expand and probably reshape my worldview as I accumulate more experiences. But that's ahead of me and i will do it carefully, one step at a time.

Blessings
    S.

Blog Entries

New NDE study

Interesting item about a hospital about to embark in a study of NDE experiences:
    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... 74922.html
    AD Pedia:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/sho...abetical-Order
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php

"Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

I have always had a "feeling" there was something bigger. Lot's of wierd things happened in my life.
    The day before I was adopted I had a prophetic dream about what they would look like, and that they were coming that morning. And I was right!
    When I was about 10 I saw a ghost, described his appearance, and it was confirmed to be a relative I never knew.
    When I was 14 and going to christian school I was pulled out of class for misbehaiving, when I walked back into class I was so mad and the door slammed shut behind me really hard! People chuckled and called me a witch.
    When I was 18 I was living with my brother and at night the cupboards and doors downstairs would open and slam shut all the time.
    A few times lately when I would meditate something in my room would move, or a door downstairs would slam.

but, my BIG proof came when I had my first OOBE last month! I left my body consciousely and re entered my body still awake!! That was my proof right there!
    Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.

Blog Entries

Natalie, perhaps you should largely focus your development on controlling your psychokinetic abilities. It seems to be a distinct area where you're more naturally capable. I'm sure you could think of many positive uses, like bringing rain clouds in over drought areas.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

Personal proof? Many years of OBEs, lucid dreams and learning slowly to trust my intuition. Objective proof? During one OBE, as I came back through the roof of my apartment I saw my wife and self asleep in the bed. At that moment, my wife awoke, looked up and screamed. I reached down and touched her face before integrating in my physical body and woke up. My wife turned to me and said "I just saw a ghost come through the ceiling. It touched me and I knew it was you"

Jasis

Blog Entries

Jasis, before I knew about all this, I saw my hubby OB. I reacted fearfully because I thought a naked man (he sleeps naked) was running into our bedroom. I pulled him protectively to me and saw, to my amazement, his etheric double slide back into his body.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

Well up until recently it was mostly faith and a couple nice synchronicities and a psychedelic experience, but recently I've been feeling a presence of love within my heart and sometimes when I love enough my body starts to vibrate with joy and I forget about my surroundings completely and I'm just enveloped within that loving state of mind. And before this a few dream OBE's.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5