Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Oliver's Dream Journal

Blog Entries

Re: Oliver's Dream Journal

Geez, and I haven't had my second cup of coffee yet- and you already had your 'after lunch' nap.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries

Hehe, I just woke from my ... second nap!

It seems like I had a series of dreams referencing other dreams I never managed to wake up from to recall them.

Oliver

Blog Entries

This was one big dream of interlinked scenes/themes. I haven't interpreted it yet.

"Into the depth of the dungeon / The co-workers' secret adventures / Opera on ice"

We were a party of teenagers, and we had found access to the secrets of invisibility. By this we had dared to brave the deepest dungeon that had not been braved before, avoiding all dangers, and now we stood in the treasure room. People were celebrating and starting to wear golden bracelets and other golden jewelry, when suddenly one warned against this kind of greed. "Yes, you have braved the dungeon, but how will you get out when everyone can see you? You cannot fight your way through."

Several scenes depicting the fright of the monsters in the party now played out, and then we found a way for everybody to get invisible again. We had invisibility rings, and two people where hiding under an invisibility cloak like Harry Potter's, which I was aware of in the dream. The party left the gold and made their way out, and I saw them encircle a monster and fight it, superior through their stealth. For some weird reason it was a weasel. I could see people invisible and getting visible again.

We pass through a stairwell, staying at the same level. Now we're in an office hallway. We're now a group of young co-workers who found secret technology and are using it to go on adventures at night. We meet Steffen, the line manager, and tell him. Steffen is a line manager at my work in waking reality, and I like him a lot. We kind of let him on on what we're doing and he's cool with it. We show him how for example we can pass our hands through walls, and then we try to find out what's behind the walls by letting our hands wander.

But I get like "Hey, why not let half our head pass through the wall and look for ourselves? We can do it." and I start to pass part of my head through the wall. Steffen cautions me that it is easier with hands and there could be some side effects.

Now we run down a giant set of stairs, each step as wide as a floor. Next to me is someone I have a competitive relationship with. I try to tease him, bounce off him, but then I worry he might not take it in good spirits.

At the bottom of the stairs we enter a gigantic room, but at first don't notice for all the people in it. They all wear costumes. I point one out who has a charming costume that seems to symbolise being a policeman's horse. We join the crowd. It seems like we joined a kind of play. Suddenly I find myself taking part in the central duet - a man and a boy singing together. I play the part of the boy which I haven't rehearsed, but I just go ahead and sing anyway. It is a piece about praising the lord, that's all I remember.

Now the crowd gets into motion. The whole area is a broken circle of benches, with three bigger holes in the ring. The crowds in their colorful costumes assemble into groups, and we move as in "Holiday on Ice" around the middle, and then more and more groups move through the holes into the middle. As I have no group, I'm kind of later, but when I go to the center I arrive there with a group, most in my company are older than me. Now the duet is to commence again, but they have a bit of trouble finding people for the roles. I do not volunteer.

An elder guy in my group volunteers to sing the part of the boy, but only if the others help him out with the lyrics which he finds challenging. I assure that we will help.

Later on, people mingle all around the circle of benches. I see high school friends and co-workers. As I try to catch up with a particular co-worker about a recent work project in waking life, I wake up.

Haven't gone too far analysing it yet.

Oliver

Blog Entries

This morning I woke from a dream where I was in some competition with someone I work with - W. Thing is - I don't like W. in waking life, nor his work. So he's not the usual "dream co-worker."

Funny thing is, no matter what I do, I beat W. in this competition without even trying, and other people are also even trying to help me. The next challenge for example would be shooting with bow and arrow. And a co-worker walks up to me and gives me a machine that shoots the bow for me and always bullseye.

When I woke up I wondered why - I'm going on vacation and I currently have little dealings with W. - nor do I think I'm necessarily in a contest with him, even though W. is trying to turn everything into a contest.

W. could be a self-aspect I'm currently working on. I'm reigning that aspect in, and it shares chief characteristics with W. - trying to be right, competitive, trying to get in control, etc. In this sense W. as a symbol makes a lot of sense - I'm "working with" this aspect. The message is that I'm getting into control of this aspect instead of the other way round and am receiving a lot of support from my "real co-workers" (helpers).

The aspect I'm acting from is not concerned with winning. With little effort just as much and more is achieved this way.

Oliver

Blog Entries

I dreamed a short one that seemed significant. There was function called "ptConvert" (a part of a computer program with a specific name and a specific function) that got upgraded. I think even within the dream I was really excited. I knew ptConvert related to me and had to do with processing. My ability to process things had been upgraded "overnight."

Oliver

Blog Entries

"False Alarm"

I was with a friend. Maybe I upset her, or something else happened, I don't remember. She was lying on the floor, in an odd posture. I was concerned. The place was an unfinished apartment, I guess.

So I decided to call 911. (I'm on a visit to the US now, strange that this would immediately come to mind this way.) I had to leave the apartment to find a public phone. I found one on the upper side of a steep slope. I dialled 911.

The conversation started in English but I couldn't follow. The operator switched to German instantly, which surprised me. She wanted to take my personal data first, so I described the usual things you give. As I was doing this I must have wandered off and reception was getting bad. I was even in the dream not quite sure how I did this with a public phone.

I ran back and tried again, excusing myself that I had accidentally dropped the phone. This may have repeated once, and I lost the call. I was somewhere now, amidst throngs of people. I was concerned that a call to 911 would be traced to me that had been no good and inappropriate. I wasn't sure if my friend was really hurt or the situation dire enough to even warrant calling 911.

At this point the call to 911 seemed so unreal, I wondered I had actually dreamed the whole thing. I thought I might have, but I did not consider my present situation in the same light at all. I must have somehow dialled 911 again and put it back down on the hook immediately.

I went back to the apartment. My friend was up and about. I told her I was trying to call 911 because she looked hurt. She replied that she had just been lying there because I had been mean to her. I replied that her posture looked like it could have been something serious, but she wouldn't have any of it.

I wondered who I could call to cancel a 911 call.

The whole thing with the phone call itself where I wandered off in the middle of it and suddenly found myself elsewhere, reminds me of "the wandering mind." Because every time I had to recall what I was trying to do, and every time I "lost connection" or the connection was diminished. So maybe that's mixed in here.

I felt hard done by by my friend. I hadn't done her harm, but she was acting like it, and my attempt to help was simply not appreciated.

"Lame Help"

I was helping a woman down the stairs. She had trouble walking. She might have been Indian, though her skin color tended towards gray. She seemed like she wanted to get down the stairs as fast as possible, maybe it was embarrasssing to her. She want that flight of stairs down to quickly, stumbled and I couldn't hold her. She didn't seem hurt.

I wanted to slow her down, but she now held on to the rail and descended the stairs backwards, telling me off "You said it would be quicker this way so I'm doing it this way." She quickly descended, leaving the crutches she had within the crowd. I tried my best to follow her and watch out for her. As soon as she was at the bottom I went to look for the crutches.

Two guys had crutch pieces and were fooling around with them. I told them off and took them - they were four odd-shaped crutches, more than I remembered. I went to the person who was now a very tall guy, but I think of the same skin color. He tried to figure out which crutches were his. I realised I must have taken a crutch that didn't belong to him from one of the guys.

But the guy was really glad that he got his crutches back and the odd-shaped piece that was left he exclaimed was better than those guys simply pretending that they hadn't found the crutches at all and he ran (!) towards the guys to thank them.

Blog Entries

I can't help myself, Oliver, but you are blind to your hidden agendas - unaware of the self operating below your 'self', of the one that might be 'hamming it up' and actually harming people and blind to the possible causes of the effects that then consternate you.

The girl says you hurt her, but you won't buy it. The old lady blames you for her failed attempt. And all the while you pretend it's none of your doing.

You're consistent at any rate. You intrepret dreams so often failing to see the dream behind the dream. You're use and understanding of symbolism is impressive but fails sometimes to find the pathos at the bottom of it all.

Just my thoughts.... and please disregard, as we all know, I'm a raging idiot.
    Matter is only mind in an opaque condition; and all beauty is but a symbol of spirit.
    - E Hubbard

Blog Entries

I think the first dream has to do with the culture shock you're experiencing while here, and other personal stuff.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by eyeoneblack
    The girl says you hurt her, but you won't buy it. The old lady blames you for her failed attempt. And all the while you pretend it's none of your doing.
    I'd rather say the commonality is to offer unwanted help and then experiencing the lack of appreciation. In both dreams I tried to do my best, running around trying to be helpful.

Similarly the night before I had two dreams where people took advantage of my willingness to please and I got involved in relationships I had not really wanted. One I had been dragged into and in the other it all felt so one-sided and dominated by the other person I just aborted the whole thing.

In the light of that these two things highlight similar traits but not quite the same. Instead of being taken advantage I try to be helpful because it seems the right thing to do. Actually, the 911 call situation contained an element of punishment as well - the reference to being mean implies that it's okay to fool me and send me on a panicky errand to get back at me.

So, what is indeed my doing is that different aspects of my habits are played out as mini-dramas.

Cheers,
    Oliver

Blog Entries

Facing the troll

"Facing the troll"

I was pretty jet-lagged and tired, and I was closer to sleep than usual. I was just reading Moss' "Dreamgates." I closed my eyes. A vague picture came up.

I noticed the reflex to dismiss it, but with the explanations from "Dreamgates" I chose to dismiss this reflex instead. I found myself in front of a shadow. The shadow was dark.

I noticed the fear reflex. But I also was conscious that this was a wake-induced experience, so what was there to be afraid about? I challenged the darkness and out stepped some kind of troll or deformed creature. It had long arms reaching to the ground and its head was in its chest.

I hugged the troll and told him I love him. That very much annoyed him and he was gone. I stepped into the dark. The last vision was that of various ugly faces on black trails escape into all directions and then the experience was over.

As I went over the experience I remembered that this must have been astral clearing in a bit more archetypal fashion - the shadow, the monster, braving the dark, releasing the spirits.

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast