Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Significance of Kundalini Awakening

Jananz Guest

Re: Significance of Kundalini Awakening

Kundalini awakening is analogous to falling in love. We have the potential for love and generally love to a degree prior to "falling in love" romantically. But the love chemistry prior to romantic initiation is generally mild and ongoing. But when we “fall in love” the love chemistry becomes acute and extreme and follows a somewhat predictable sequence of chemical cascade over the course of the love affair. Kundalini is similar...in that we are always lit with life energy but during an awakening the organs and chemistry of consciousness are greatly amplified, and it is a love affair with the whole cosmos that occurs, which is many times more exaggerated, extreme and deeper than any human love affair. Kundalini awakening is an amplification of being human, such that more of our senses, sensitivity and sentience comes online. With a kundalini awakening we have the potential to become more human and more ourselves, and experience a wider, larger life than we could possibly imagine. Until we fall in love with the cosmos, we remain a being in waiting, knowing that there is something more, but not knowing what it is. Thus the pupal human always anticipates their awakening to one degree or another through the inner tension and dissatisfaction inherent in not awakening to unification with the cosmos.

Quote Originally Posted by Jananz
    Kundalini awakening is analogous to falling in love. We have the potential for love and generally love to a degree prior to "falling in love" romantically. But the love chemistry prior to romantic initiation is generally mild and ongoing. But when we “fall in love” the love chemistry becomes acute and extreme and follows a somewhat predictable sequence of chemical cascade over the course of the love affair.
    I would disagree with your analogy as I consider "the potential" for growth towards love in reality is equal for all who seeks enlightenment, and does not dependent on chemistry settings in the brain. Why? Because there are no restrictions on growth towards love and towards Source, there is no end, so there can be no potential for it, since it implies measurement.

Kundalini is similar...in that we are always lit with life energy but during an awakening the organs and chemistry of consciousness are greatly amplified, and it is a love affair with the whole cosmos that occurs, which is many times more exaggerated, extreme and deeper than any human love affair. Kundalini awakening is an amplification of being human, such that more of our senses, sensitivity and sentience comes online. With a kundalini awakening we have the potential to become more human and more ourselves, and experience a wider, larger life than we could possibly imagine.
    That sounds really beautiful, and I wish you all the best in your personal growth. You seem to have had a blissful awakening. For some though, it can be quite a tough one.

Thus the pupal human always anticipates their awakening to one degree or another through the inner tension and dissatisfaction inherent in not awakening to unification with the cosmos.
    Well, it's only natural to want to grow towards love, after all.

Though I still do not grasp why some people seem to have powerful energetic phenomenons as triggers for the events, and some others (like me) hardly notice any triggers. My body matrix keeps filtering out stuff though, but I would never have considered that I have an active kundalini from any of the information sources that I've read. But I suppose it's not really that important since its just a name and a label, what is happening is happening and that's really it.

Take care!

// F2A
    ...but my words like silent raindrops fell
    and echoed in the wells of silence.

Imho the powerful symptoms are full blown K events and the subtle ones are pre-K. Each is utilitarian. The Pre-K is necessary to build up the body to the next full blown event like labour brings on the birth.

As these events occur they enlighten the soul somewhat in a continual process which has no endpoint.The soul/mind/atman of the next incarnation is enlightened by the Kundalini that monad is affected by today.
    ~*~Love , Light & Laughter ~*~

Quote Originally Posted by farewell2arms
    Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler
    I don't know that it is needed- some people get them, some don't. I think this is just something that happens, although it can be made to happen- like a siddhi, sort of.
    I kinda imagine it like every person is a glass of water. During pre-kundalini years, we are filling up the glass with water. Then, when the water overflows from the glasss, the awakening happens. I have no idea why I would use that model though.

Does kundalini awaken when you reach samadhi? Is this the actual event of releasing yourself from samsara?
    I believe it's common Tantric understanding that samadhi (nirvikalpa, anyway) is not possible without kundalini arisen to the sahasrara. Even if you were not consciously attempting to raise it, it happens anyway.

The final step, it is also said (by Ramana Maharshi at least), is not at the sahasrara, but for the serpent to coil back down and come to rest in the Hridayam heart center at the right side of the chest. This is different from the anahata chakra. When this happens one is said to be in sahaj nirvikalpa samadhi -- constant nirvikalpa even as you walk about in daily life.

Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Clair
    Imho the powerful symptoms are full blown K events and the subtle ones are pre-K. Each is utilitarian. The Pre-K is necessary to build up the body to the next full blown event like labour brings on the birth.

As these events occur they enlighten the soul somewhat in a continual process which has no endpoint.The soul/mind/atman of the next incarnation is enlightened by the Kundalini that monad is affected by today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yamabushi
    I believe it's common Tantric understanding that samadhi (nirvikalpa, anyway) is not possible without kundalini arisen to the sahasrara. Even if you were not consciously attempting to raise it, it happens anyway.

The final step, it is also said (by Ramana Maharshi at least), is not at the sahasrara, but for the serpent to coil back down and come to rest in the Hridayam heart center at the right side of the chest. This is different from the anahata chakra. When this happens one is said to be in sahaj nirvikalpa samadhi -- constant nirvikalpa even as you walk about in daily life.
    Thanks, that cleared up a lot.

I have a theory, last night there was an expression that made me understand that the kundalini-related phenomena are as much illusion as everything else. It is merely an effect that we prescribe certain things with our beliefs surrounding it, and thus we can make it good or bad, I suppose.
    It shouldn’t be special as it’s as much part of this world as everything else. It’s not more “me” than anything else.

It’s really hard to put it into words, but I’ve gotten the sense that all this “growth” is really not what it might initially seem to be. Perhaps we’re not growing in the sense of expansion taking place from the individual’s point of view.

I mean, it's not like I've gotten anywhere. In the beginning, there was something I thought was me, but it wasn't. How can you move from nothing to nothing?

These is just my personal opinion, of course. (I don’t hold any truth, so don’t take my word for it.)

one can move from 'conceptual' nothing to actual nothing. this can be done standing in the middle of everything, doesnt mean one has to deprive themself of their self.

but, i like your theory, a good stance to from, experience uniquely as you.

and yes, having gone through this, it was everybit a magnification of my 'thoughted' self, the good the bad the ugly, and finally the beautiful. i suppose there must be magnification of the unreal so that we can let it go, to just be real as a name in it's unique expression yet sameness of human nature.

the one experience i can attest to, one which many have experienced, is the massive awareness of 'what' is not merely of this self in the brevity. some see it as a download or upload, of 'god' expression; but i simply see it as what is either one of us focused into pin point location as this self purely in it - life as it is.

historically, for those religions having come through history's sifting, we can comparitively recognize the human agency re-cognizing this massive awareness, over and over.

for example, the Vedas 5000 BC and the Gathas 15-1300 BC, may be aligned verse for verse, both re-iterating sameness of expression. also in North America, specifically what is New England, the orally given spirituality of the original People is exactly the message of the Gathas.

so there is point wherein one would touch beyond this life's brevity of self, perhaps ultimately touching "God", but for sure touching the greater awareness which each actually is, even as each is right here right now as a tim, a john, an oliver, a richard, a janet, any name, masculine or feminine.

this we both recognize as, and if within it's magnifying power, re-cognize as...'awakening'.

may we be 'real', which is to just simply 'get over ourselves'.

tim

"Like the empty sky IT has no boundaries,
    Yet IT is right in this place, ever profound and clear.
    When you seek to know IT you cannot see IT.
    You cannot take hold of IT,
    But you cannot lose IT.
    In not being able to get IT, you get IT.
    When you are silent, IT speaks;
    When you speak IT is silent.
    The great gate is wide open to bestow alms, and no crowd
    Is blocking the way."

Cheng tao ke
    I Don't Ever Give Up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktpTyT1Wj_I

"I'm no fighter, but I'm fighting, this whole world seems uninviting..."

Making Love Out of Nothing @ ALL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyFsyC4LqK4

Az for Me, of my Self, I am Home

Blog Entries

Me, I don't believe in 'nothing', except conceptually- but as far as I know, in manifest reality, the concept of 'nothing' is an artificial construct designed to help us perceive one point in the infinite spectrum- but there is no 'nothing'- even what we call vacuum is really near-infinite potential, and this 'nothing' continually creates more of itself.
    I'm just sayin', the word 'illusion' is tricky- means more than meets the eye.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

'actual nothing' is like first love, two persons falling in love with absolutely 'nothing' between them that has become conceptually bound. later in the relationship as some of us well know, there is plenty of pros and cons conceptually bound in the balance, that can tip either way. at this point, both might wish for the 'conceptual nothing', yet these conceptuals aint going nowhere until they are resolved or abandoned in cutting one's losses.

the literality of 'nothing' is the untruth. the non-literal understanding of 'nothing' is the truth, but we cannot see it when at first the literality is not co-present. this is where hindsight would see a 'not-thing' for what it is and is not.

like the first time you ever tasted chocolate, yet all after that first time, tasting chocoloate is about comparisons, mostly to that first time. as is in a relationship, all too often you hear, he or she is not the same person that i fell in love with...boohoo.

this is what shakespear means having said, 'much ado about nothing'. not sure i made my point, but i tryed.

to chase 'nothing' is to end up with nothing, for those who are ever looking for that first time feeling. life dictates commitment, endurance, that in the end, one has something from the "nothing" which at first was their beginning. quotations = non-literality of nothing, or freedom of things present in the 'first'.

so, if we are to conceive this saying, "the last shall be first", then we must let the literal untruth go, the conceptuals, and see the first that is 'actual nothing', the unburdened freedom as opposed to the balancing act of built up pros and cons mis-conceived as truth.

first and foremost, to conceive means to give birth, and secondarily means to construct thought/s in formation of knowing. understanding is birthed through much contraction and labor, while knowing would lead to nothing literally to speak of based upon it's dualistic tendencies.

i cannot be read from constructs behind the literal eye invested in the words at the loss of the messages within them. experiences are a good basis to git er done, yet we are being first and doers secondly. being with sight sees, senses, with no need nor want of 'experiential evidence'. doing should not be abandoned, for sure, taking up 'experiential evidence' in it's self-evident truths, doing from being that is always first in the present, having last and final say, being true to themself, wherein all else and all others are met in trueness.

illusion, miasma, mist, confusion, lost of self...etc....ad infinitum...roadless without direction in a world of marching ordered roads, none of them uniquely yours, to have nothing that is yours at the end of it, even as one started with 'actual nothing' in the beginning of it.

i am something, i am myself, this me which is much ado about nothing. much ado = something (quantity) where none had been, at zero, hopefully awakened to this truth (quality) on a road called by me within as 'myself' for I 'in it' to walk upon. gnosis

tim
    I Don't Ever Give Up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktpTyT1Wj_I

"I'm no fighter, but I'm fighting, this whole world seems uninviting..."

Making Love Out of Nothing @ ALL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyFsyC4LqK4

Az for Me, of my Self, I am Home

A bit of an update:
    There is something lingering just on the edge of my perception now, and as it's been integrated more and more, the more I realize this concept of "I" really is not... anything at all.

That's where things are right now. Trying to stay in the moment and let things happen. Just accept everything as it is. Half-day long dark night periods come and go. I sleep like 12 h every night. I am a bit impatient to get back to that nothing-place again, but it will come when it's time.

I don't wanna speculate on anything more right now. It's really easy to get lost in a place like this, so it's important to just go with the flow.

One thing though that I've understood is that if there is no heart in the understanding, there is no true understanding.

John

Blog Entries

It's really easy to get lost in a place like this, so it's important to just go with the flow.
    Yeah, that is the truth. Thing is, sometimes, maybe years later, you come back right to this.
    One thing though that I've understood is that if there is no heart in the understanding, there is no true understanding.
    I agree, there is probably no truer truth than this.
    Sorry about the punniness, I just can't seem to express it differently atm.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast