Thread: kundalini & sciatica

kundalini & sciatica

Dear Robert, could you please offer some guidance on this?

Could my chronic back tension and sciatica be due to blocked energy from kundalini awakening. And if it is what's the best way to deal with it?

Here's some background if it's useful:

Years ago I had kundalini type experiences - chakras thrumming in sequence, fizzing heat in the lower spine, knocking on the top of my head and zig-zag whipping up the back. The first time it happened it floored me for about 3 days. I didn't leave the house as I was so spaced out, but there were never any physical symptoms. After that it was sporadic and didn't last so long.

Now several years later most of this activity has stopped. Very occasionally I'll experience something but nowhere near the intensity and it passes quickly. But now I've had this debilitating and mysterious back issue since last December that doesn't want to heal even though I'm doing everything the physio and chiro suggest, doing acupressure and EFT and eating anti-inflammatory food. I just wonder if the chronic tension around my sacrum, which I think is the prime cause, is an attempt to block the kundalini energy and that's why I don't experience it anymore. I had this idea because during several brief periods that were free from pain and tension, I also experienced that same fizzing heat rising up from my lower spine again, just gently and briefly. Also I half awoke one night to find some bloke messing with my lower spine and felt that same fizzing heat. I assumed he was healing me and went back to sleep.

If the tension is blocking the energy, what do you think is the best approach to release it? Is the tension actually protecting me in some way? I don't at all want to encourage kundalini (especially as I've got an exam coming up!) but at the same time I don't want to block any natural progression of energy.

I don't know what to do. I've started to energy brush the whole area around my sacrum but I'm wondering if that's a good idea. I've thought about trying to release any excess stuck energy out down my legs. Should I also avoid raising energy for healing at this time? Your input will be much appreciated!

With thanks.

Re: kundalini & sciatica

G'day,

Dumping excess energy through your legs and 'grounding' into the planet may help.

Also consider getting an electrically grounded pad for your bed.

I suggest leaving your sacrum alone and focusing instead on your navel center, as this will help balance you and redistribute your energies more naturally.

Verbal affirmations are the most powerful tool you have for change. Make good use of driving and alone time to speak them firmly and often.

"My lower spine is perfect' 'my sacrum is relaxed and comfortable' etc.

Also pick something you would do if your spine were okay, like cycling 'I ride my bicycle every day' 'I love to ride my bicycle' etc. This is an indirect method of effecting change, and avoids direct belief confrontation, and disbelief. For example, if you want to give up smoking, focus on white teeth and sweet breath and clear lungs, instead of tackling smoking addiction directly.

the application of Tiger Balm and Tea Tree oil and similar may help your lower back.

robert