I had a lucid dream last night and decided to use my usual projection method (I forgot that I wanted to try the "falling forward" method that Kalonek recommended). I found a window and forced my way through it. The act of "pushing" gave me the standard projection symptoms. However, what happened next was unusual for me: instead of wrestling with the "cocoon-like" feeling and having to regain sight, I "popped" into a hyper-realistic scene. It was a living room. I had the distinct feeling of "alien-ness" that alerts me to my presence in the astral, but I hadn't experienced my usual projection symptoms. At the time, I paid little attention to this. I suddenly had the extremely distinct impression that I was on the set for the "Golden Girls" TV series. There were several old women there who were looking very intently at me (they did not look like the original Golden Girls by the way). Many of them were walking towards me. I noticed that I was losing my lucidity very quickly, which was surprising considering how much energy I had stored. Some of the oldsters were very close to me by now and were striking "seductive" poses. I thought that was rather odd. As they moved closer, I rapidly lost lucidity and woke up.

Here are some thoughts I had:
I didn't have the usual projection symptoms. I had this "popping in" happen to me before when I felt like someone was helping me get to an astral plane.
I believe that the intense impression that I had that I was on the set of the "Golden Girls" was impressed upon me as a way to set my mind at ease.
I doubt that these were really old women in this astral environment, but were instead constructs that my mind could interpret.
I get the impression that they were taking my energy. I've never gone so quickly from super-lucid to "gassed out."
Leading me to the tongue-in-cheek conclusion: I was shanghai-ed by a group of elderly, Golden Girl- wannabe, succubi

Definitely disturbing the more I think about it. Having been through many astral areas, I have never subscribed to the astral "layer" theory- mainly because I have never been outside these "layers" to where I could see them stacked up. However, this experience and other recent encounters have made me theorize that "lower" astral levels usually involve something trying to commandeer your energy.
Comments?
-Matthew