Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Burning up ,anger and fire coming out of my nose !?

niki123 Guest

Re: Burning up ,anger and fire coming out of my nose !?

Well,my mother,my 2 oldest children and possibly my future significant other ? Lol! I had a really weird graphic dream this morning after a very listless night as in sleeping ,yet not sleeping.Does that make any sense ?Yieks!

Quote Originally Posted by Korpo
    Maybe NY is the wrong town for you? What's tying you to it?

Cheers,
    Oliver

Blog Entries

Hello, niki123.

So, okay, moving to another town is not an option. Not even upstate or somewhere else in the tristate area? You don't have to live in NYC itself to keep in touch with people unless you want to see them every day.

So - your current apartment sucks, and because of the landlord there's little chance of improvement. So you need a new apartment, I guess.

Lay down what qualities the new apartment should have. Lay down a range of size that would be acceptable, a range for the cost, any other requirements - like being allowed to keep a pet, a good landlord, close to a park or a subway exit, etc. Write this down.

Now, before you go to sleep, ask your dreams (out loud) to help you purge any obstacles in your mind that hinder you in finding a better place to live.

Then, put into place actions to find that new apartment. Read the newspaper ads, craigslist, let friends know you're looking, visit prospective apartments, scour the internet.

Every time you find something that didn't quite fit look if you can update your requirements. Every time you miss out on one ask yourself how you can modify your approach. Don't be afraid to go back to earlier choices, either. The apartment I now live in was the first I looked at, but only after I met the landlords I knew it is the right one.

Try to do your best not to get depressed or angry or pity yourself during this process. Don't give in to worrying too much. Be ready for surprises.

Cheers,
    Oliver

niki123 Guest

Thanks Oliver!I know better this time not to get depressed while looking for an apartment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Korpo
    Hello, niki123.

So, okay, moving to another town is not an option. Not even upstate or somewhere else in the tristate area? You don't have to live in NYC itself to keep in touch with people unless you want to see them every day.

So - your current apartment sucks, and because of the landlord there's little chance of improvement. So you need a new apartment, I guess.

Lay down what qualities the new apartment should have. Lay down a range of size that would be acceptable, a range for the cost, any other requirements - like being allowed to keep a pet, a good landlord, close to a park or a subway exit, etc. Write this down.

Now, before you go to sleep, ask your dreams (out loud) to help you purge any obstacles in your mind that hinder you in finding a better place to live.

Then, put into place actions to find that new apartment. Read the newspaper ads, craigslist, let friends know you're looking, visit prospective apartments, scour the internet.

Every time you find something that didn't quite fit look if you can update your requirements. Every time you miss out on one ask yourself how you can modify your approach. Don't be afraid to go back to earlier choices, either. The apartment I now live in was the first I looked at, but only after I met the landlords I knew it is the right one.

Try to do your best not to get depressed or angry or pity yourself during this process. Don't give in to worrying too much. Be ready for surprises.

Cheers,
    Oliver

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2