Thread: Extended longevity desire

asalantu Guest

Extended longevity desire

Dear Sir...

¿Is an extended longevity desire a signal of lack of spiritual maturity (since death is natural part of life: all that births, must to die) or must we fight and exploit all opportunity of to gain more life expectancy (since the most we live so we are able of to learn; and the most we learn, we are able of to grow and reach new horizons for us, our country and human kind)?

My best regards,
    Àngel

Re: Extended longevity desire

G'day,

The desire to cut one's life short in order to float around in the spirit worlds, or to overcome life problems, shows a lack of understanding of the greater reality, the live process, the meaning of life, and the nature of the afterlife process.

The desire to live longer shows a more realistic understanding for, as you say, the longer you are alive as you, the more you can do and learn and experience.

As for the meaning of life, this is pointed to directly by death.

What do you take with you when you die? Your experiences and how they have defined you.

So, the meaning of life is to have lots of various experiences, to live a lot, and to grow from this.

robert

Dear Sir...

Li Ching-Yuen
    was, allegedly, the oldest man ever in the world; reaching an age of 256.
    He died at will (at 1933); according to testimonials from his friends.

Ref.: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Li_Ching-Yuen

My best regards,
    Ángel

in muntak Ching's book iron body kung fu he mentions how taoists lived to 1500 years old, that anyone who died at the age of 100 died young, i've heard of this idea before, of dying when a person was ready to die
    It is my destiny to play an infinity of roles, but I'm not the roles I play, I am the Spirit that plays these roles

Dear Robert Bruce...

Purpose of life on Earth is not than trivial as to birth, to growth, to reproduce, to live long and prosper, etc., such purpose are beyond any doubt those wich we from the viewpoint of our littleness and lack of cosmic broad view, assign to life; and no relation has with Higher Self purposes.

Reaching H.S., through increased proficiency in energy work, rising kundalini, and aknowledging we are not but H.S.'s marionettes, ¿can we reach to conclusion that H.S. will lead us in order to avoid accidents, diseases, murderous acts, etc. allowing reach very very high lifespans?

My best regards,
    Ángel

Can you imagine what you would become if you lived for hundreds of years?

Just think on how elderly people mature and stabilize (mostly) and become calm and wise.

If we could live longer, we'd become a race of sages.

robert