View Poll Results: what stops you from having the best possible meditation practice?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • work

5 20.83%
  • family

3 12.50%
  • money

2 8.33%
  • time

4 16.67%
  • boredom

2 8.33%
  • laziness

6 25.00%
  • decadence

1 4.17%
  • health

0 0%
  • ignorance - i have no idea what the best possible practice would be.

1 4.17%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Your Best Meditation

sleeper Guest

Your Best Meditation

What is the best meditation you've ever had?

If you could select a routine to make the best meditation ever, with unlimited resources, money, time, etc., what would you do?

why would you make those selections?

would you meditate in an exotic location?

with a particular person?

Alone?

Blog Entries

Re: Your Best Meditation

Quote Originally Posted by sleeper
    What is the best meditation you've ever had?
    I didn't click on any button because what stops me at the moment is fear. I can talk about this on pm's not publicly.
    If you could select a routine to make the best meditation ever, with unlimited resources, money, time, etc., what would you do?
    I'd probably put a recliner on an outside location that is private, and that wouldn't get messed up with the weather.

would you meditate in an exotic location?
    I think I could meditate anywhere, if I have the presence of mind to do so.

with a particular person?
    Sure, why not?

Alone?
    Preferably alone, but I have meditated with someone in the past, and it was good.

Added on Edit: Since this is an old thread, please don't ask me what the fear was about (anyone) because I don't remember. In fact, I don't even remember participating in this at all.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Ouroboros Guest

I don't think I've had a meditation that I would consider the "best I've ever had." I've had decent results meditating with binaurals, but sometimes I feel like they have a constraining effect on the experience.

I think, with unlimited time and money I'd probably build an isolation booth to eliminate distractions. Somewhere with a lot of trees and low humidity, because that's my favorite climate. Actually, it would be nice to have that iso booth in the Observation Deck of my dream house. My dream house being a specially engineered structure that can withstand 300+ mph winds and lightning strikes, placed in whatever county that statistically has the highest number of tornado touchdowns. The Observation Deck would of course be some kind of specially engineered transparent enclosure from which you could watch the most violent of storms in safety and comfort.

sleeper Guest

well i'll share some of my stuff.

i love meditating by waterfalls and have had some interesting experiences by them. But any place that has no distractions is best for me...either ambient noise or dead silence is fine.

I almost always blindfold myself to keep light out, as well as get really comfortable because i prefer long bouts of meditation.

the problem i face most often in the woods and by waterfalls is the bugs, especially mosquitoes. also the ground is hard (obviously) so my body parts tend to fall asleep and/or ache badly and interrupt my flow in meditation. I'm hoping to build a small lodge in a wilderness area near my house so i have a personal retreat. Hopefully as soon as next spring i'll get started.

Last night, for instance, was a terrible meditation. at around 2:45pm, i was phasing out of my body (and really enjoying it btw) and the neighbor dog started howling. so i snapped back awake. and the process restarted: project/phase, dog howled, project/phase, dog howled. it was horrible.

the reason i chose the options for the poll is because i've personally been influenced by all of those above things. historically, intestinal dysfunction was my biggest obstacle by far. My intestines were chronically inflamed, i was chronically constipated and very lethargic and fatigued. gut health severely limited by energy ability.

now my waywardness is my biggest obstacle; i tend not to stick to my pre-determined commitments.

i'll share some of my best meditations later, but here is one of my more interesting ones:

just over a year ago, i was sitting in my recliner, in samdhi and overwhelming bliss. after several days of this, a demon came.

I had meditated for 2 hours, fell asleep, and awoke to seeing a demon in front of me, and to the right. he was about 6' 2" tall, very muscular, with red skin, no horns or fangs, no head hair, no facial hair, a white sclera and a yellow iris. He was in classic roman-type armor: bronze-ish, with a small shield (larger than a buckler, held like a shield) and a large, unique and imposing sword (somewhat like a straight, long scimitar). he was fingering his sword with his right hand and he said "you know we should kill you, right?"

Basically, it was not the best way to wake up.

so i reached out with my energy and felt his body and his shield. Everything was made of (what felt like) liquid light. Like the most dense, fluid, perfect, beautiful light possible. This is difficult to describe because he wasn't radiant - like the pictures of "beings of light" and Jesus and angels, who each typically have light emanating from their heads. this is a coarse description but he was more like the robot in the movie Terminator 2, who appeared solid but was made of liquid metal. in this case it was liquid light and strangely, i was radiant, as i was in samadhi but my energy much much much lower quality. my energy felt like it was made of gravel compared to his smooth liquid light.

feeling his energy only took a few seconds. At that point he began looking nervously over his shoulders and he pulled his shield up slightly, and closer to his body. i don't know who, if anyone came to my aid, but the demon simply dis-appeared.

that's it! then i just sat for another hour or two, then drank some wine.

sleeper Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ouroboros
    I don't think I've had a meditation that I would consider the "best I've ever had." I've had decent results meditating with binaurals, but sometimes I feel like they have a constraining effect on the experience.

I think, with unlimited time and money I'd probably build an isolation booth to eliminate distractions. Somewhere with a lot of trees and low humidity, because that's my favorite climate. Actually, it would be nice to have that iso booth in the Observation Deck of my dream house. My dream house being a specially engineered structure that can withstand 300+ mph winds and lightning strikes, placed in whatever county that statistically has the highest number of tornado touchdowns. The Observation Deck would of course be some kind of specially engineered transparent enclosure from which you could watch the most violent of storms in safety and comfort.
    what kind of constraining effect do you experience from binaurals?

sleeper Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ouroboros

that sounds really really fun.

i doubt i'd be meditating though...i'd rather be watching the storm!

Ouroboros Guest

Hehe, yeah, I probably wouldn't touch the iso booth until I had my fill of the light show

Quote Originally Posted by sleeper
    what kind of constraining effect do you experience from binaurals?
    The binaural beats keep your brainwaves at a specific frequency...sometimes I feel like the entrainment frequencies are constraining my meditations by making it more difficult for the brain to shift between wave states. I've sometimes felt tension against the frequencies during meditation.

I Don't Ever Give Up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktpTyT1Wj_I

"I'm no fighter, but I'm fighting, this whole world seems uninviting..."

Making Love Out of Nothing @ ALL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyFsyC4LqK4

Az for Me, of my Self, I am Home

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tutor
    for CFT,

these three psalms express the lion-delusion and the wolf-phobia, which assail one in their final humbling, toward intercessory prayer preparatory before entrance to right meditation, and healing others through one's self regardless of one's personal health/well-being, these two as the selfless which prayer within and healing through them given self for others is the prayer and healing for them self even as they've not in prayer of healing sought it. those two skillsets/understandings as the double edged sword that slays delusion and phobia, or lion and wolf.

Psalm 151 - A Thanksgiving of David

1I was the youngest among my brethren, and a youth in my father's house. I used to feed my father's flock, and I found a lion and a wolf, and slew them and rent them. 2My hands made an organ, and my fingers fashioned a harp.3 Who will show me my Lord? He, my Lord, is become my God. 4He sent His angel and took me away from my father's flock, and anointed me with the oil of anointing. 5My brethren, the fair and the tall, in them the Lord had no pleasure. 6And I went forth to meet the Philistine, and he cursed me by his idols. 7But I drew his sword and cut off his head, and took away the reproach from the children of Israel.

Psalm 154 - Spoken by David when he was contending with the lion and the wolf
    which took a sheep from his flock

1O God, O God, come to my aid; help Thou me and save me; deliver Thou my soul from the slayer. 2Shall I go down to Sheol by the mouth of the lion? or shall the wolf confound me? 3Was it not enough for them that they lay in wait for my father's flock, and rent in pieces a sheep of my father's drove, but they were wishing also to destroy my soul? 4Have pity, O Lord, and save Thy holy one from destruction; that he may rehearse Thy glories in all his times, and may praise Thy great name: 5when Thou hast delivered him from the hands of the destroying lion and of the ravening wolf, and when Thou hast rescued my captivity from the hands of the wild beasts. 6Quickly, O my Lord (Adonai), send from before Thee a deliverer, and draw me out of the gaping pit, which imprisons me in its depths.

Psalm 155 - Spoken by David when returning thanks to God,
    who had delivered him from the lion and the wolf and he had slain both of them

1Praise the Lord, all ye nations; glorify Him, and bless His name: 2Who rescued the soul of His elect from the hands of death, and delivered His holy one from destruction: 3and saved me from the nets of Sheol, and my soul from the pit that cannot be fathomed. 4Because, ere my deliverance could go forth from before Him, I was well nigh rent in two pieces by two wild beasts. 5But He sent His angel, and shut up from me the gaping mouths, and rescued my life from destruction. 6My soul shall glorify Him and exalt Him, because of all His kindnesses which He hath done and will do unto me.

end

but ya gotta translate these into your own rightful being as a child of god.

furthermore an excerpt from, Basilides of Alexandria..."Human Suffering" or "Karma and Reincarnation"; Basilides [writings] considered as a Buddhist Gnosis as well as the Christian counterpart.

"I say that all those who fall into these so-called tribulations, are people who, only after transgressing in other matters without being discovered, are brought to this good end by the kindness of Providence, so that, the offences they are charged with being quite different from those they have committed without discovery, they do not suffer as criminals for proved offences, reviled as adulterers or murderers, but suffer merely for being Christians; which fact is so consoling to them that they do not even appear to suffer. And even though it should happen that one comes to suffer without previously committing any outward transgression--a very rare case--he will not suffer at all through any plot of any [evil] power, but in exactly the same way as the babe who apparently has done no ill."

so...i hope ya see the intended message and are consoled to continue be consoling to yourself.

tim
    Thanks Tim.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

My ideal meditation session would go something like this. It would be in a very green, naturey area. i'd have a nice comfortable place to sit or lay in the shade, not too hot, not too cold. there would be a small stream running nearby within earshot(no noisey streets or freeways). i'd have some soft scented oils(incense smoke is too rough) like vanilla, or berrys.it would depend on who it was, but more than likely i'd be alone.
    "It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours.
    It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell." -Buddha