Thread: Energy Raising and Better Explanation of "Vortex"

Energy Raising and Better Explanation of "Vortex"

Hi all, I'm currently on Week 3 of the program. I tried astral projecting in the past a lot, just based on what I read online and "tricks" (like setting 8 alarms with different times). I guess that I would say I had okay success. I've had 3 of what I would call spontaneous out of body experiences. They weren't as vivid and controlled as I would have wanted them (and seem like very distant memories when I think back), but I'm hoping that energy raising helps with this. They were definitely different from dreams though. I remember my dream(s) almost every morning now, if not every morning, but they still aren't very vivid, almost like daydreams. Will energy raising improve the vividness of my dreams and my AP's? Also, what should I be feeling during energy raising? I just don't feel more energized. Am I supposed to feel more stimulation than from normal body bouncing? Would you recommend I do more than just 10 minutes of energy raising? Currently, I practice it in a rocking chair (not to rock in, just to lean back) with my feet propped up on an ottoman. Should I practice in a bed instead?

Also, the other day I woke up in the morning and could feel my energy body, so I started trying to will myself out of my body to the left and the right. I could feel myself moving. Then a "tunnel" or "vortex" appeared in front of my eyes, not very big or that vivid, but definitely there. I tried to will my body through it, but it didn't work. I also heard rushing wind noises as I moved my body to the left and right and when trying to go through the vortex. I then just woke myself up, as it wasn't working. I searched the later chapters of the books to find where it talked about exiting the body and the possibility of a vortex. It says that it deals with natural clairvoyant ability, but if I was a natural clairvoyant, wouldn't my dreams be more vivid? What else could the vortex indicate?

Thanks, as always, and thanks for the book. Any pointers would be great; I hope that I am finally able to have a conscious, controlled, vivid astral projection at least every week/month at the end of the 13 weeks. Sometimes you work and work and work and it feels like you haven't done anything! Psychic-related stuff is so frustrating.
    "Looks like cashmere, tastes like a miracle."
    jediTofu

Blog Entries

Re: Energy Raising and Better Explanation of "Vortex"

Quote Originally Posted by jediTofu
    Hi all, I'm currently on Week 3 of the program.
    Hi, JediTofu, welcome to the forums.

I tried astral projecting in the past a lot, just based on what I read online and "tricks" (like setting 8 alarms with different times). I guess that I would say I had okay success. I've had 3 of what I would call spontaneous out of body experiences. They weren't as vivid and controlled as I would have wanted them (and seem like very distant memories when I think back), but I'm hoping that energy raising helps with this. They were definitely different from dreams though. I remember my dream(s) almost every morning now, if not every morning, but they still aren't very vivid, almost like daydreams. Will energy raising improve the vividness of my dreams and my AP's?
    It's part of the package, the combo of energy work and the various consciousness exercises should help with the memory and lucidity issues.

Also, what should I be feeling during energy raising?
    Energy raising does not cause strong sensations like sponging does, so it varies. Sometimes you don't feel anything (which is why you should prestimulate your arms and legs before doing the circuit) and sometimes you feel slight tingling. Sometimes you feel energized and sometimes you don't. It all depends on how energetic you started out, what level of trance you're in (the more tranced the more you feel) and sometimes you just don't feel anything. This doesn't matter, the effect eventually will be apparent in your results.

I just don't feel more energized. Am I supposed to feel more stimulation than from normal body bouncing?
    No, prob. less. Bouncing gives less feedback than sponging, etc.

Would you recommend I do more than just 10 minutes of energy raising? Currently, I practice it in a rocking chair (not to rock in, just to lean back) with my feet propped up on an ottoman. Should I practice in a bed instead?
    No, I think ten minutes is fine. If you feel strongly about wanting to get strong feelings, lay on the floor to do a full body bounce (only) and you will feel the sensations, then go back to your chair and do the rest in it.

Also, the other day I woke up in the morning and could feel my energy body, so I started trying to will myself out of my body to the left and the right. I could feel myself moving. Then a "tunnel" or "vortex" appeared in front of my eyes, not very big or that vivid, but definitely there. I tried to will my body through it, but it didn't work. I also heard rushing wind noises as I moved my body to the left and right and when trying to go through the vortex. I then just woke myself up, as it wasn't working.
    I usually don't use 'will' to exteriorize my energy body- I try to use whatever movement is present in the experience, and 'go' with it. In the case of a vortex, I try to imperceptibly 'lean' towards it and let my energy body do the rest. If you woke up this tells me that your energy body wasn't up to the type of projection you were revving up for.
    I usually consider tunnel/vortex symptoms to be third eye projections, so it's more of a mental or astral projection, as opposed to an RTZ projection.
    If this happens again, try to use an exit that encourages an RTZ projection, and then, when you feel floaty, lean into the vortex, and it may either land you in the 'astral' proper, or you will wake up. If you wake up, you need a little more experience with energy work to help develop an energy body compatible with your symptoms.

I searched the later chapters of the books to find where it talked about exiting the body and the possibility of a vortex. It says that it deals with natural clairvoyant ability, but if I was a natural clairvoyant, wouldn't my dreams be more vivid? What else could the vortex indicate?
    Clairvoyance deals with seeing, but not necessarily the vividness of your dreams. To test your clairvoyant ability, sit in meditation for half an hour and see what appears in front of you. How long does it take to get flashes or screens? This will give you a clue whether you're naturally clairvoyant.

Psychic-related stuff is so frustrating.
    This is a negative affirmation- try thinking of it as an interesting experiment you are doing with your mind.
    Cheers,
    CF.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Re: Energy Raising and Better Explanation of "Vortex"

Okay, cool, thanks for the feedback! Hopefully the energy raising is going to help a lot.

...I usually consider tunnel/vortex symptoms to be third eye projections, so it's more of a mental or astral projection, as opposed to an RTZ projection.
    If this happens again, try to use an exit that encourages an RTZ projection...
    Yeah, I haven't had an astral projection from which I remembered/did an exit technique, even though I've read a lot of techniques and tried them. The few I had had seemingly skipped the exit, and I was just out, and I was out only for a few seconds. It was just strange because I saw a vortex/tunnel thing and that had never happened before, and it wasn't like I had been trying to AP for an hour or something; I had only been trying for a few seconds to a few minutes. What is an exit that encourages an RTZ projection? I think that if I had projected into the RTZ that the vortex would have been gone.

Clairvoyance deals with seeing, but not necessarily the vividness of your dreams. To test your clairvoyant ability, sit in meditation for half an hour and see what appears in front of you. How long does it take to get flashes or screens? This will give you a clue whether you're naturally clairvoyant.
    Yes, I was just basing that thought on what the book said on page 409; now that I read it again, he calls it an astral tube, forgot about that. Based on my past experience, I usually don't see anything interesting until towards the end of an hour meditation; in the past, I saw Egyptian type poetry and such. Oh well, not something I need to be concerned with anyway; I was just trying to figure out what this random vortex thing meant and why I heard rushing wind.
    "Looks like cashmere, tastes like a miracle."
    jediTofu