Thread: OBE's: what's really happening?

U.S.A wisconsin, where the cheese is good

OBE's: what's really happening?

i was watching this one youtube video about OBE's once, and i found something incredible. scientists were doing this test on a girl that claimed she had frequent OBE's. so they tried to prove if she was really exiting her body, or if it was all in her mind. the way they went about doing this was they wrote down a random 5-digit number and put it on top of a bookshelf lying face up above a bed she was laying on. her job was to try and read the 5-digit number and tell everyone what she thought it was when she woke up. She was actually able to guess the 5-digit number correctly from seeing it in an OBE... my question being... Can you really go around in the astral plane and see things that are happening in real life, or is it all in the mind? I kinda think that video is fake just cuz there was like only like 5 scientists doing the experiment and only 1 of them believed it was true... i think it was staged.
    if there was ever a time to make a signature, it would be now

Blog Entries

Re: OBE's: what's really happening?

It quite possibly was staged yet there is a lot of anecdotal evidence of people seeing things that are actually occurring. There's also the other of people witnessing the traveller.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

This is something that I always wanted to do with my friends. Has anyone ever tried this?

To make it easier, I would use an object, rather than something written on paper. Like everyone would just put something on their dresser that I don't know about, the place could be the kitchen table or anything really as long as it's consistent. The object just needs to be something easily identifiable like a shoe, cup, lamp, clock, book, etc., and it needs to be the only object on top of it.

Of course, even in the RTZ, I read that there are reality fluctuations, so the dresser might not even be there. But, you could just ask them to leave it there for a couple of months and record what you see on there every time. Also, if you can get 10 friends to do it, you can see how much of the percentage is correct and try to improve yourself over time.

Someone needs to do this here and tell us about it haha I will, just not right now.
    "Looks like cashmere, tastes like a miracle."
    jediTofu

Blog Entries

Hi, jedi.

Well, what you have there is a Remote Viewing experiment, which are a lot of fun but can be a chore to administer.

Richard
    Matter is only mind in an opaque condition; and all beauty is but a symbol of spirit.
    - E Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarmaster72
    i was watching this one youtube video about OBE's once, and i found something incredible. scientists were doing this test on a girl that claimed she had frequent OBE's. so they tried to prove if she was really exiting her body, or if it was all in her mind. the way they went about doing this was they wrote down a random 5-digit number and put it on top of a bookshelf lying face up above a bed she was laying on. her job was to try and read the 5-digit number and tell everyone what she thought it was when she woke up. She was actually able to guess the 5-digit number correctly from seeing it in an OBE... my question being... Can you really go around in the astral plane and see things that are happening in real life, or is it all in the mind? I kinda think that video is fake just cuz there was like only like 5 scientists doing the experiment and only 1 of them believed it was true... i think it was staged.
    viewtopic.php?f=7&t=20252&p=132239#p132239

(also: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=20252&p=132239#p132248)

I know it is a long read, but I think the examples mentioned (and linked) are worth it.

in this post you will also find a test by a parapsychologist C. Tart, whose work I deeply respect as well as that of his colleague Dean Radin, (including the link to his website) with that 5-digit number on bookshelf proof, I dont know if it is the same you mention, but I felt reminded of it

some of these movies are staged in a way that the "scenes" you see are done by actors, they are kind of "re-enactments" of what could have happened before similarly, but that does not change the truth behind the facts or the story
    This collector of useless clutter.