Thread: Trance induction problems

Trance induction problems

So far so good. I've done energy work in the past so that part wasn't difficult for me. My body seems responsive to the stimulation. The spine having a few blockages that smarted a bit when I started working on them Also the brow chakra and crown area seems a bit tender when stimulated ... not painful just aching. Mind clearning fair at I can make the 15 minutes if I'm not too tired. Spend lot's of time on that. Any downtime at work,driving time stuff like that I work on it since it's a bit hard for me. Relaxation I do have some trouble getting the shoulders and back totally relaxed. I can do it but I' think I know what I'm shooting for. I do go through the tense relax every time I do trance work going back over areas that are problematic. ( face and shoulders)

Now I'm starting to work on my bane.... the trance. I've had trouble lots of trouble in the past with it. I've been able to get into the proper state twice. I am having a great deal of difficulty getting that inbetween line. I either cannot get in at all and am distractable or I fall alseep. I sometimes wake up close to the right state but then I need to move usually or my back cramps up. I'm two weeks into trance practice. I really need to master this skill not just for AP but other work as well such as scrying and stuff like that. I need to train to any time any situation type mastery of this.

Here's what typically happens. Night time I sleep hard for a few hours then wake up and I'm somewhat restless. Good time to practice. I write any dreams down I use the BWG occasionally I don't use it every time or everynight. I set to lucid dream because I'll probably fall asleep after and I seem to respond well to that setting. I have a bit of trouble at first with some dream type imagery but I'm relaxed and I get to the point where I feel heavy and buzzy then fall asleep. Or my back gets sore from being on it and I turn and fall asleep.
    Morning. I'm one of these people who wakes up very hungry and restless. Meditation is out of the question. I don't wake up slow. I get up have breakfast putter around for an hour then I feel more relaxed and work on a trance I get to the point where I'm somewhat relaxed but not really heavy feeling usually I then fall asleep or cannot get any further down. Afternoon I get buzzy and fall asleep... I know because I've had an exit out of a dream that the buzzy is not the same as the exit sensation. The exit is much more pronounced and electric feeling. The buzzy is a vibration like riding in a smooth car. My one time where I made it to a decent trance I realized it was a trance and not an exit sensation.

The dropping down imagery doens't seem to be working very well for me I'm going to try something to listen to see if that helps maybe use the BWG more ... not just to influence the brainwaves but as an irritant to keep me awake.

practice frequency on 4 days of the week I'll get 3 -4 practice sessions in. Work days maybe one overnight if I don't pass out and wake to the alarm in the morning. I use my wake time overnight to practice for an hour. Energy work with most sessions. I tend to do more in the morning and before bed if I don't work the next day. I can't focus afer work at all even to do energy raising but thats only a couple days out of the week that's missed.

Forgot to add. Except for night time which I don't really expect much out of but think it's good to practice some anyway while I'm awake, is done in a chair no head support. Sometimes I do use a recliner but I am finding I fall asleep in it. It's like a camping recliner. When I work at night I go on my back I don't sleep well on my back and that gives some discomfort. Sleep deprivation is an issue because of shift work. I do sometimes nap before hand but it's going to be something I'll have to cope with. I think I can train out of falling asleep with time it's more the not being able to get in that is frustrating to me.

The descriptions given regarding hte states I found interesting because I get imagery when I close my eyes after about 36 hours of sleep deprivation.

Blog Entries

Re: Trance induction problems

A couple of comments:
    Here's what typically happens. Night time I sleep hard for a few hours then wake up and I'm somewhat restless. Good time to practice. I write any dreams down I use the BWG occasionally I don't use it every time or everynight. I set to lucid dream because I'll probably fall asleep after and I seem to respond well to that setting. I have a bit of trouble at first with some dream type imagery but I'm relaxed and I get to the point where I feel heavy and buzzy then fall asleep. Or my back gets sore from being on it and I turn and fall asleep.
    The dream-type imagery is what you are looking for- hypnagogics, are an exit symptom, or rather a symptom that you are ready to go. Move to energy body loosening and then an exit from then, or try to slow down the imagery to try a phasing -type exit. If you fall asleep then this tells me that you are so aware in the trance (and this is a good thing) that you don't think you're in trance. So when you start getting imagery, switch to energy body loosening, and then try an exit.

I know because I've had an exit out of a dream that the buzzy is not the same as the exit sensation. The exit is much more pronounced and electric feeling. The buzzy is a vibration like riding in a smooth car. My one time where I made it to a decent trance I realized it was a trance and not an exit sensation.
    It is better not to make any assumptions regarding the vibrations, because they are not the same every time. They can be strong and traumatic once and smooth like a hum at other times, they can be slow like riding on a wave or fast like having a seizure. So don't wait for vibrations- use other cues like hypnagogics, 'seeing through the eyelids' or other visual cues to know you're close to an exit.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

interesting so I'm stalling right at exit not at trance then. Well I'll give it a shot then. The reason I know I'm going to sleep is because of the head nodding off. The trance I felt before that I thought was trance I was extremely lucid it was completely dark and unusually quiet. I have a bit of tennitis and it was totally gone. Maybe I was out at that point and couldn't see? I felt like I was lying down but honestly there wasn't much of a position sense at all. I lost it after a minute or so. But I was thinking THIS is interesting.

Blog Entries

It's not that you were out, it's that you were projected, still 'in', but not "in" 'in'. That's why you do exit techniques, to dislocate your projected double.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.