I've been playing around with pain as a mnemonic for recall on projections. This idea came to me after i was able to remember a dream from reliving the pain experienced while i was awake.The dream flooded back to me once i felt the same pain while awake.It seems like pain could be a natural memory re-enforcer in that we can recall events prior to and leading after the painful stimulus better.

If anyone is at all interested in trying this out here is what i have so far as a method:

Project as normal.Have something in mind that you want to do or somewhere to go.
Upon projecting pinch the the inside of your foot, right below your ankle. The pinch should be as hard as getting snapped by a rubber band.If you can't feel a pinch try your best to recreate the feeling of a rubberband snapping.

Proceed to what it is you have in mind that you wanted to do during the OOBE. Along the way anytime a key event occurs you will pinch yourself.The initial key event projection spot is below the ankle.Key event 2 pinch spot is on the inside of the thigh. Key event 3 spot is on the inside of your ribs.Key event 4 spot is on the inside of your upper arm, or arm pit.Key event 5 spot is on the jaw line right below your ear lobe.
There is a lot of flexibility as far as what the spots to pinch can be. The above are some sensitive spots.You are moving up your body with each key event.So, the last key event spot in the above example would be the 5th one on the jaw line. This would be the spot you pinch right before coming back.

Upon waking if you have that feeling that you can't quite remember an event that occurred, it is kind of there on the tip of your tongue but not quite, think back to the pain spot. The idea is that the memories will flood back to you once you anchor the experience with a rubberband snapping pain.