Thread: Tapping into Creativity within the Astral

Tapping into Creativity within the Astral

All,

I was curious about the procedures and successes of anyone who has tried to tap into to their creative potential using the astral.

Personally, i'm a musician who strives daily to better myself and expand my musical horizons. I think the arts are a great way of not only relieving stress, but also expressing yourself in ways you may not have known you had in you.

Has anyone tried to do this? Any idea where to start? Perhaps asking to hear a song, or watch a dance, or observe an image to paint? Anything on this topic, even if it's not directly related to 'the arts,' would be helpful.

Take Care,
    Smythe
    "There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be... All you need is Love." -John Lennon

Blog Entries

Re: Tapping into Creativity within the Astral

Hello, Smythe.

This is one of my experiences regarding music:

This one from a relaxation exercise I just did. I laid down on my back for an exercise I had read about - just letting the mind do what it wants for 20 minutes.

Towards the end of the 20 minutes something very unexpected happened. I heard music only to realise I had never heard it before. I knew the instrument - some bell-like jazz organ I had heard on a recording of the Mahavishnu Orchestra. It was spouting notes in fast succession until I realised what was happening.

While I was still surprised something else developed. I heard an arrangement for strings, but very unusual, a trio maybe, at least one cello and I think a violin. Each was playing only a very few slow notes, but it seems like every few measures they started over, only to be slightly varied, again and again, to form a piece of music that slowly accumulated more energy with every repetition. The "starting over" was so noticeable as if one was imitating the effect of a stuck record only to surprise the listener with new variations instead.
    Unfortunately I had no way of transcribing this, lacking the proper musical background.

Cheers,
    Oliver

Blog Entries

The upcoming issue of The Lucid Dream Exchange is covering the topic and you will find archived issues that also deal with it. A fairly recent one (56 or 55) had some links to artworks and films that were truly awesome.
    http://www.dreaminglucid.com/

Robert Waggoner's book is also highly recommended.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

Blog Entries

"A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)