Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ROPE technique causing vertigo

ROPE technique causing vertigo

So I have been working through the 90 day program and decided to start practising the ROPE technique
    Last night I went through the routine of relaxing my body, creating a mental falling technique to enter trance, and loosening my astral body a bit
    Then I started pulling on the rope with my imaginary arms and trying to pull myself up out of body
    I was soon overwhelmed with sensation of vertigo/dizzyness in my head area and unfortunately I allowed these sensations to break my concentration/trance
    Does anyone have advice on how to handle this?
    Does the vertigo sensation come before the vibrations?
    I was feeling a lot of electrical like tingling.
    I'm not sure I've felt "my charkras opening", as Robert Bruce describes it. What does that sensation feel like?
    Thanks.

Blog Entries

Re: ROPE technique causing vertigo

The sensation of vertigo is a side effect of separation. Sometimes it feels like vertigo, instead of the buzzing, although your description of tingling/electrical sounds a lot like them also. Chakras opening is not something you're going to feel, unless it's the heart chakra, which when felt can be quite dramatic.
    My advice is to do more energy body loosening and try to get to this stage before you begin the rope technique, so that the sensations are not so dramatic. However, if they are, you will have to push through this, because sometimes you just feel them.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

vertigo is GOOD

It means you are doing it right

Briguy,

The dizziness is definitely a good sign. For me i get the dizziness in two stages. A light dizziness right when i start shifting down to trance, this is usually coupled with the sensation of wearing a hat.
    And second, a deeper spinning where it can feel like the entire bed you are laying in is spinning around, i get this prior to an exit.

This seems to happen a lot with rope too. For some reason rope gives intense exit sensations.

One thing that i have found that helps a lot with any heavy exit sensations, and i'm not sure if this is mentioned in MAP, is before you start doing the exit techniques to take some time to put yourself in a conductive emotional state. I think being in a conductive emotional state either lessens the exit sensations or allows you to cope with the sensations better.

There are a few things you can do to put yourself in a good emotional state prior to projecting.Its seems best to do it after you have gone through the relaxation steps so that the feelings you get while feeling a good emotional state can move around your body more freely.

So, while you are laying down, after you have relaxed, think about a time when you felt calm, completely and thoroughly internally calm. You can call on a memory when you felt this way, imagine the time when you felt the calm and feel it again. Don't let yourself get discouraged or disappointed if you don't feel it too strongly at first. Push yourself to really feel inner calm and tranquility.Do whatever you can to recreate that feeling of calm in you and let it spread and pour down all over yourself, down to your muscles, body and bone. You may notice when you really start to feel it that you will have a little smile on your face too, like a mona lisa smile. If you don't feel a little pleasant smile yourself you can recreate that too. Turn the corners or your mouth and eyes up a little bit and feel a gentle smile pour over your body.Its a very relaxed no pressure state to be in you are mentally letting go.

Do this for 5-10 minutes or so and then think of a time when you were in love or when you felt loved and loving and really push yourself to feel that as much as you can. Feel that pour down over you.As you start doing the exit techniques try to keep these emotional states alive. It won't stop the exit sensations but you won't mind them as much and you will be in a state to handle the sensations more effectively.

I'm still experimenting with this but so far so good.
    You haveeyes each composed of 130 million photoreceptor cells. In each of those cells there’s 100 trillion atoms that’s more than all the stars in the Milky way galaxy.However each atom in each cell in each eye formed in the core of a star billions of years ago and yet here they are today being utilized to capture the energy released from that same process all to expand the consciousness of you. It's ironic in that you are the universe experiencing itself And all you are is a thought.

Blog Entries

So, while you are laying down, after you have relaxed, think about a time when you felt calm, completely and thoroughly internally calm. You can call on a memory when you felt this way, imagine the time when you felt the calm and feel it again. Don't let yourself get discouraged or disappointed if you don't feel it too strongly at first. Push yourself to really feel inner calm and tranquility.Do whatever you can to recreate that feeling of calm in you and let it spread and pour down all over yourself, down to your muscles, body and bone. You may notice when you really start to feel it that you will have a little smile on your face too, like a mona lisa smile. If you don't feel a little pleasant smile yourself you can recreate that too. Turn the corners or your mouth and eyes up a little bit and feel a gentle smile pour over your body.Its a very relaxed no pressure state to be in you are mentally letting go.
    This is a fabulous idea, heliac. I'll have to keep this in mind.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

6. Re: ROPE technique causing vertigo

Quote Originally Posted by BriGuy
    So I have been working through the 90 day program and decided to start practising the ROPE technique
    Last night I went through the routine of relaxing my body, creating a mental falling technique to enter trance, and loosening my astral body a bit
    Then I started pulling on the rope with my imaginary arms and trying to pull myself up out of body
    I was soon overwhelmed with sensation of vertigo/dizzyness in my head area and unfortunately I allowed these sensations to break my concentration/trance
    Does anyone have advice on how to handle this?
    Does the vertigo sensation come before the vibrations?
    I was feeling a lot of electrical like tingling.
    I'm not sure I've felt "my charkras opening", as Robert Bruce describes it. What does that sensation feel like?
    Thanks.
    I'm new at this whole thing, as well as here at the forums, and from what I've speedily learned is these people who do OBE's are absolute speed/g-force junkies. They shrug this stuff off like it's nothing when trying to separate from the body, and sugarcoat it as 'gently drifting free' because they're all badasses. I've flown in combat choppers and done all kinds of insane stuff, and when I was attempting to separate from the body, I was scared ♥♥♥♥less a few times by the ferocity of the sensations given. Just my two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by undeniableguile
    I'm new at this whole thing, as well as here at the forums, and from what I've speedily learned is these people who do OBE's are absolute speed/g-force junkies. They shrug this stuff off like it's nothing when trying to separate from the body, and sugarcoat it as 'gently drifting free' because they're all badasses. I've flown in combat choppers and done all kinds of insane stuff, and when I was attempting to separate from the body, I was scared ♥♥♥♥less a few times by the ferocity of the sensations given. Just my two cents.
    Yes the sensations are ridiculously powerful. Its in Astral Dynamics Revised Edition.

8. Re: ROPE technique causing vertigo

Quote Originally Posted by Enochian
    Yes the sensations are ridiculously powerful. Its in Astral Dynamics Revised Edition.
    *chuckles* I didn't even know this forum existed before today. Everyone here seems to swear by that book. Apparently it's a bestseller in this neck of the woods, ey?

Quote Originally Posted by heliac
    Briguy,So, while you are laying down, after you have relaxed, think about a time when you felt calm, completely and thoroughly internally calm. You can call on a memory when you felt this way, imagine the time when you felt the calm and feel it again. Don't let yourself get discouraged or disappointed if you don't feel it too strongly at first. Push yourself to really feel inner calm and tranquility.Do whatever you can to recreate that feeling of calm in you and let it spread and pour down all over yourself, down to your muscles, body and bone. You may notice when you really start to feel it that you will have a little smile on your face too, like a mona lisa smile. If you don't feel a little pleasant smile yourself you can recreate that too. Turn the corners or your mouth and eyes up a little bit and feel a gentle smile pour over your body.Its a very relaxed no pressure state to be in you are mentally letting go.

Do this for 5-10 minutes or so and then think of a time when you were in love or when you felt loved and loving and really push yourself to feel that as much as you can. Feel that pour down over you.As you start doing the exit techniques try to keep these emotional states alive. It won't stop the exit sensations but you won't mind them as much and you will be in a state to handle the sensations more effectively.

I'm still experimenting with this but so far so good.
    I used the technique of not having any emotion at all...to be completely cold. Hm, I think I'll use your technique instead, simply because it makes better sense and seems like a lot more enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Enochian

I used the technique of not having any emotion at all...to be completely cold. Hm, I think I'll use your technique instead, simply because it makes better sense and seems like a lot more enjoyable.
    I hope it helps It's not really a technique, and nothing new really, i'm just taking bits and pieces from meditations(not specifically for astral projection) that i have learned from others and I'm incorporating it into my practice. I'm finding connections and filling in gaps from outside sources unrelated to oobe as a fresh perspective. Actors will do this sort of emotion work for example, so you can kind of tailor/adapt what you know from elsewhere to incorporate it into what works for you for AP. I still use robert's technique as a template but trying to play with it to own it.

you can do any positive emotion that you connect with. Play around with it, you may find some are easier to feel than others, It may also be fun for you to explore why some positive emotions are easier for you to feel and why some are not so easy to feel.it may take a week or so for you to really start to be able to amplify the feelings so that you get it all over your body. you might only be able to feel it for a few seconds and then it fades away. When it fades, go back to the memory or think of a new memory or something you are looking forward to in the future that causes you to feel the positive emotion.

Enjoy!

P.S.
    Just out of curiosity...why would you think you would need to be completely cold and emotionless?
    You haveeyes each composed of 130 million photoreceptor cells. In each of those cells there’s 100 trillion atoms that’s more than all the stars in the Milky way galaxy.However each atom in each cell in each eye formed in the core of a star billions of years ago and yet here they are today being utilized to capture the energy released from that same process all to expand the consciousness of you. It's ironic in that you are the universe experiencing itself And all you are is a thought.

10. Re: ROPE technique causing vertigo

Quote Originally Posted by heliac
    I hope it helps It's not really a technique, and nothing new really, i'm just taking bits and pieces from meditations(not specifically for astral projection) that i have learned from others and I'm incorporating it into my practice. I'm finding connections and filling in gaps from outside sources unrelated to oobe as a fresh perspective. Actors will do this sort of emotion work for example, so you can kind of tailor/adapt what you know from elsewhere to incorporate it into what works for you for AP. I still use robert's technique as a template but trying to play with it to own it.

you can do any positive emotion that you connect with. Play around with it, you may find some are easier to feel than others, It may also be fun for you to explore why some positive emotions are easier for you to feel and why some are not so easy to feel.it may take a week or so for you to really start to be able to amplify the feelings so that you get it all over your body. you might only be able to feel it for a few seconds and then it fades away. When it fades, go back to the memory or think of a new memory or something you are looking forward to in the future that causes you to feel the positive emotion.

Enjoy!

P.S.
    Just out of curiosity...why would you think you would need to be completely cold and emotionless?
    *nods* Very interesing. Thank you for all that input.

I am from the belief that complete coldness/devoid of thought and emotion is a way, because of all the years I've tried, the only time I've succeeded was from using that technique alone. No other techniques have brought me into such massively significant experiences...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast