Thread: insomnia/light sleep

insomnia/light sleep

Hey Robert

My wife has a lot of problems with light sleep and insomnia. This has thrown a real wrench into the MAP program, because the more dream recall and journalling I do, the more my subconscious wakes me up in the night so I can journal my dreams (and then I just go back to sleep). I see this as a really good sign; also, because, as I understand, waking up and falling back asleep increases chances of having a lucid dream or OBE.

But my wife does not go back to sleep easily at all, and if I so much as switch on a flashlight (pointing it away from her, of course) grab my notebook beside me, and start writing, she'll wake up. Do you have any suggestions that might help? Do you think if she started doing the energy work, along with affirmations, it might cure her of her light sleep and insomnia?

thanks
    Mica
    I shall never forget your brilliant soul, but always draw inspiration from your memory
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6rKCGerb8U
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1vbuNdqYbE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEeXDl9su64

Re: insomnia/light sleep

Light sleep and insomnia are no fun at all. Maybe a very dim flashlight taped to a pen that will cause minimal disturbance, used under the covers...sneakily.

Use a larger notebook and use the cover (mat black) to shield the pen light when you open it up.

The Journeys out of the body hemi sync CD's, conditions B, C, and D, played on repeat should help. TMI 'the monroe inst' also have a special CD called 'Deep Sleep'

St John's Wort, a herbal remedy, would also help. This builds up over a few weeks and is quite effective as a relaxant.

You could also give her healing and use silent affirmations and commands 'my wife sleeps soundly' etc.

Energy work will help, but make sure she does not do it within an hour or so of trying to sleep or it'll cause insomnia in a light sleeper. Affirmations, especially spoken aloud, will definitely help "I fall asleep easily. I sleep deeply and soundly'. Meditation would also help.

robert