Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dangers of being caught in a "Rift" when projecting?

1. Dangers of being caught in a "Rift" when projecting?

Hello everyone, I'm a tad new here, and I thought I'd get a few opinions about a small predicament I'm facing with astral projection...

You see, a friend of mine who's experienced in astral projection says that what I'm experiencing while attempting to project are signs that I'm not going for the astral plane at all, but rather a "rift" between planes, where the souls of ruined people go when they die, etc. He says it's a very dangerous place, where a person can go insane and get mentally/spiritually torn to peices. I know personally little to nothing about such a place, and nor will anything on the internet confirm the existence of such a place... or at least, the nature of such a place as this.

Over the years, I've learned off-and-on to relax deeper, get into trance, and finally, to let go of my body to a degree, but it's so strange the way it happens. When I lose feeling of my body, I feel like I'm spinning, or going down an insanely fast rollercoaster, or banking left or right in a fighter jet and being hit with huge g-forces that I actually intensely feel. Sometimes the feeling is so great that my physical stomach muscles clench and almost threaten to interrupt my trance state. At this point, I aggressively focus on letting go of the body, and the disorientation becomes greater until the point where I feel my body no more. Last time, it happened for about 3 seconds, where I lost all physical connection with my body, and I went to a nondescript nothing-place where I couldn't see anything. And then I was sucked back into my body as if pulled back by bungie cords and I lost the feeling of disorientation just as quickly. I have never experienced something so powerful as this astral projection attempt in my life, and in a strange way, I was a little exhausted.

My friend says that until I 'know myself' I won't be able to hit the astral plane. He says that I'll only fall to the rift instead. So, I've been doing a bit of research, and learned a lot about what it is to know oneself...quite fascinating lessons, but time will tell when it makes a difference. Advice please, friends? *hopeful*

It would be nice to not have to risk losing my sanity when I'm trying to gain a new ability such as this.

Re: Dangers of being caught in a "Rift" when projecting?

Best advice is don't listen to your friend.

he obviously does not know anything about projection

Projection has a lot of strong sensations which are documented in Astral Dynamics Revised Edition.

last night i had very strong sensations , dosnt mean i will go to hell mate, read MAP you will know what is going on also astral dynamic is helping me a lot.
    You must read and learn from bruce books or others book me personaly i prefer bruce books because all i have read works, from energy work to raising energy and all the other things so i trust him. Specialy buy the MAP cd and go slowly CD' to CD that will be lot easier because he talks to you.
    i guess you are not different than others here that did OBE all life and are still alive with all brain and body in good health.
    CF traveller told me before there is nothing to worry about so i tell you the same, you have nothing to worry about. All you will see in the astral projection will be what you created in your mind your fears, and also what other people created.

So remove that idea of rift from your mind and fly safely easily and enjoy life, think about love when you try to project instead of going down i reckon you will go up because love is good, very good ...

Blog Entries

I have to say that this is the first time I ever heard about a 'rift'- your friend must have been reading some very obscure occult literature, is all I can say.
    To help you with your cosmology, I recommend you read Robert's Treatise on Astral Projection, especially "What is the Astral Dimension?" and some articles on the OBE research and discussion, which should put some different labels on how the astral is perceived.
    Here is an overview of Monroe Focus Levels and how they relate to astral planes/dimensions/locales: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=10282

As you can see, afterlife realms are part of the astral planes, and not some 'rift' you may 'fall' into.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

5. Re: Dangers of being caught in a "Rift" when projecting?

Quote Originally Posted by Enochian
    Best advice is don't listen to your friend.

he obviously does not know anything about projection

Projection has a lot of strong sensations which are documented in Astral Dynamics Revised Edition.
    Well, he certainly gave me trepidation about the whole thing... I don't want to have something to get in my way, and I'll likely be able to push it aside in a day of thinking or so. Thank you for your input. Have you ever astrally projected? If so, is my experience in any way similar to yours?

Quote Originally Posted by demsy11
    last night i had very strong sensations , dosnt mean i will go to hell mate, read MAP you will know what is going on also astral dynamic is helping me a lot.
    You must read and learn from bruce books or others book me personaly i prefer bruce books because all i have read works, from energy work to raising energy and all the other things so i trust him. Specialy buy the MAP cd and go slowly CD' to CD that will be lot easier because he talks to you.
    i guess you are not different than others here that did OBE all life and are still alive with all brain and body in good health.
    CF traveller told me before there is nothing to worry about so i tell you the same, you have nothing to worry about. All you will see in the astral projection will be what you created in your mind your fears, and also what other people created.

So remove that idea of rift from your mind and fly safely easily and enjoy life, think about love when you try to project instead of going down i reckon you will go up because love is good, very good ...
    I looked at MAP and when I get the money allocated, I'll give it a 'go'. I appreciate the advice. Have you ever astrally projected before? If so, what did you go through? Were your experiences at all similar to mine?

Blog Entries

I looked at MAP and when I get the money allocated, I'll give it a 'go'.
    The Treatise I linked you to gives a good description of the astral planes, and the whole of it gives you practices you can adopt if you want to learn to induce it consciously.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Quote Originally Posted by undeniableguile
    At this point, I aggressively focus on letting go of the body, and the disorientation becomes greater until the point where I feel my body no more.
    Something you might experiment with instead is to try to relax into it instead - forcing usually is not advicable when it comes to energy work. A feeling of allowing to flow or float, glide, etc. might work.
    + Alienor +

8. Re: Dangers of being caught in a "Rift" when projecting?

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler
    I looked at MAP and when I get the money allocated, I'll give it a 'go'.
    The Treatise I linked you to gives a good description of the astral planes, and the whole of it gives you practices you can adopt if you want to learn to induce it consciously.
    This is purely fascinating stuff! I've read a good deal of the material you sent me, by now, and with all I've read about it, I'm still learning a crap ton more. Question-- have you ever successfully astrally projected before?

Yep. My journals are at the OBE forum.

Buy a copy of Astral Dynamics Revised Edition and read it several times.

Thats what I recommend.

I am still new at this, but I always assumed that individuals are drawn to locations equal to where your concsiousness is. Kind of like the "you are what you eat" saying. I do not watch scary movies, but if I did watch a slasher flick or scary movie before falling asleep I would hope that I stay in my physical body that night. Likewise, if a person consitently has hell-like thoughts or intentions towards others I could see them being drawn to an unpleasant realm.97% or so of people are not like that, so I don't think you have anything to worry about. Not to say that when people have moments that frighten them while having an obe it is because they have bad thoughts or intentions. Navigating in a completely new environment for our conscious mind takes some getting used to. I guess you and I are still "learning to walk" in a sense when it comes to obe.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast