Thread: silence

silence

calming my mind is the hardest part of this for me.
    I do stop my mind for 1 minute then it hit back again, always it's trying to say something. Lately my mind is even smarter i will say. It was a bit quit for a while then now it use what i'm doing to talk to me, i mean when i imagine energy balls , my mind is now commenting on what i'm doing, saying things like: good , keep doing it, do you feel it, things like that and distrack me again.
    i find also sitting on a chair harder for me to feel energy , when i'm on my bed it's lot easier to feel energy flow in my body, but i will keep trying sitting but that is not the easiest part for me...Sitting i mean.

I want to quiet my mind for about 5 minute , very very hard to do when you have the one i got

Blog Entries

Re: silence

Then stop trying to do it. It is not necessary to 'empty your mind' when you are doing energy work. It is only necessary when the object of a specific exercise is to quiet your mind (as in the 'mind taming' part of the program for this), and when you have finished the program and created a routine, you will find there is a specific timeframe in which it is beneficial to keep a quiet mind- but it is not an exit strategy or anything like that.
    There is IMO far too much emphasis on 'mind emptying' in OBE practices in general, which puts stress on people that are learning and causes frustration and makes people think that they are just not able to continue.

As to the mind taming section, my suggestion is that you do the exercises as they are given, be glad if and when it works, and don't worry if it seems to not give the results you expect. Stay with them only as long as you're supposed to, and don't get stuck on one that is too 'difficult'. If in a couple of days it doesn't stick, go on to the next one, and don't worry, you have an endless alternatives to specific exercises, and eventually you'll find one that works for you.
    I personally got stuck on the 'clock' exercise (with the sticky notes)- decided after three days it wasn't going to happen, and continued on to the next one. I still projected on day thirty, and eventually found ways to tame my mind that were more suited to my temperament.

Now, there are many meditative practices that are specifically designed to create the 'empty mind', and kudos to anyone who practices it, it is a very good thing. But it is not necessary for projection, except for a certain moment, and just for discipline.

So take it easy and congratulate yourself on sticking with it, which is the most important thing.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Re: silence

That is a challenge for me often times. If I do not work on my energy excercises as soon as I wake up, I have to wrestle my brain into quieting down so that I can get some mental imaging/ trance work done. Sometimes I focus on a symbol for a period of time and when I am finished, a much longer period of time passed than I thought. I think it takes determination and practice just like your doing.