Thread: Comment my progress, am I where I need to be?

Comment my progress, am I where I need to be?

I´ve just completed the first part of the program and just starting the projection techniques (week 7 I think)

I´m not sure if I have developed the skills tough so far in the program, this is how I feel right now:

Energy work - I do raising 5-10 min, every day, it feels like a good flow, I do work on the chakras if I have some time over.
    Mind taming - I feel I have gotten really good at quieting my thoughts, sometimes It´s a little difficult but If I focus Its pretty easy to push thoughts away.
    Relaxation - I feel like I have mastered this well pretty well, and sometimes It feels like I just need to go through my body and just check each part if its relaxed, with my mind but I can´t be sure If I´m really relaxed enough.

Trance - I feel this is the biggest hurdle right now, I can only sometimes get into a deep trance, I need to be a little tired to get into deeper trance, so I do the training 1 hour before bedtime.
    I´m not a person who enters sleep easily If I´m not in my bed. Even If I´m extremely tired I can´t fall asleep in a couch, only when I was in my chair before, I blanked out for a few seconds.
    On the other hand I think I enter a light trance when doing training in the daytime or whenever I´m wide awake.

So, should I continue with this weeks projection exercises or, repeat the previous week? , (loosening techniques) I don´t feel the projection techniques do anything
    when I´m in a light trance although I´ve heard the projection is also possible from this state.

/Magic

Blog Entries

Re: Comment my progress, am I where I need to be?

Hello, Magic.

Sounds like you're doing well all-in-all.

HemiSync from the TMI can be a great tool for achieving deeper trance (Focus 10 and Focus 12 should do fine). I practiced with the Gateway Experience CDs, which gave me great results for exploring trance. However, they are more than a tad pricey. There is at least one if not more CDs from the MindFood series the TMI offers that also can help you achieve the same for much less, very affordable, I just do not remember which ones. ("The Catnapper" might contain the Focus 10 induction IIRC, and is also helpful for power naps.)

Cheers,
    Oliver

I have Journeys Out of the Body Support - Hemi-Sync that I feel is very good for helping induce a deep trance state. There are 6 1-hour CDs with guided scripts on the first two, I believe. The remaining four are designed for successively deeper trance levels. The TMI website lists them for $99 but Amazon has links to a couple of places that sell them for $69.

There are several others I have that also work well. I find the majority of Hemi Sync meta music with various ambient and new age recordings with Alpha, Theta, and Delta waves in the background are extremely relaxing and quickly put me to sleep. I personally haven't found them to promote states conducive to entering higher states of awareness. I prefer the Hemi Sync CDs with just the waves and without the music. There are several - some with recorded guidance some find distracting - and some without. The voice guided scripts are very similar to hypnotic suggestions. I have 2-3 dozen or more of them that a friend gave me so if you want a review and personal opinion of a particular recording, pm me.

Blog Entries

Hi Magic.
    Since you're doing MAP, my answer has to do with MAP.
    Quote Originally Posted by magic
    I´ve just completed the first part of the program and just starting the projection techniques (week 7 I think)

I´m not sure if I have developed the skills tough so far in the program, this is how I feel right now:

Energy work - I do raising 5-10 min, every day, it feels like a good flow, I do work on the chakras if I have some time over.
    Mind taming - I feel I have gotten really good at quieting my thoughts, sometimes It´s a little difficult but If I focus Its pretty easy to push thoughts away.
    Relaxation - I feel like I have mastered this well pretty well, and sometimes It feels like I just need to go through my body and just check each part if its relaxed, with my mind but I can´t be sure If I´m really relaxed enough.

Trance - I feel this is the biggest hurdle right now, I can only sometimes get into a deep trance, I need to be a little tired to get into deeper trance, so I do the training 1 hour before bedtime.
    I´m not a person who enters sleep easily If I´m not in my bed. Even If I´m extremely tired I can´t fall asleep in a couch, only when I was in my chair before, I blanked out for a few seconds.
    On the other hand I think I enter a light trance when doing training in the daytime or whenever I´m wide awake.

So, should I continue with this weeks projection exercises or, repeat the previous week? , (loosening techniques) I don´t feel the projection techniques do anything
    when I´m in a light trance although I´ve heard the projection is also possible from this state.

/Magic
    Continue where you are. Going back to do it again puts you in the 'I'm not doing it right' mode and the program is designed to try various things, while practicing what you learned before, so you will still continue to practice what you've been doing.
    If you feel you need more practice there's nothing wrong to continue past the end point of the program- it's meant to teach you to try different things, and later on you will learn to change them to suit your particular preferences or abilities.

ps. It bothers me a little (and not just in this forum) that when people are having problems (or simply ask for feedback) with a specific technique or system, that others immediately jump in to tell them to try something else. I think this is valid when they're done with it and find it doesn't suit them. But to tell someone 'stop using A and try B' in the middle of a process is only setting up a pattern of trying things half-way and jumping on to something else- a pattern reminiscent of ADD. We live in a society of quick-fixes and ADD behavior, and I think this is reflective of this kind of thinking.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Thanks all, I will continue on then and evaluate where I´m at the end of the program.
    If I´m still having trouble projecting, I will look at other options then

About Hemi sync, I actually have listened to a few sounds, but I don´t really like a guiding voice, It feels like hypnosis and that does not seem to have any effect on me.
    I also have a mind machine so perhaps, I could use that in conjunction with the map trance presets for even better results, right now I just use the sound.

But is it possible to project by being in a light trance, is it something that is more easier with practice?

/Magic

Blog Entries

It is possible, but I don't advise it. The reason being is that you start having double awareness, and once it happens once, the brain accepts it psychologically, and then it can happen more often, making projections more confusing and not as fun. Or at least, I don't like them.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Ok, but by that do you mean that you are feeling yourself projecting and at the same time feeling yourself sitting in a chair for example.
    But then again maybe we have different definitions of what a light trance is, unfortunately I´m not sure what my definition of it is, lol

Blog Entries

Hello, CF.

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler
    ps. It bothers me a little (and not just in this forum) that when people are having problems (or simply ask for feedback) with a specific technique or system, that others immediately jump in to tell them to try something else. I think this is valid when they're done with it and find it doesn't suit them. But to tell someone 'stop using A and try B' in the middle of a process is only setting up a pattern of trying things half-way and jumping on to something else- a pattern reminiscent of ADD. We live in a society of quick-fixes and ADD behavior, and I think this is reflective of this kind of thinking.

He said he had problems with deepening trance.

Recommending what worked for me in this regard is a very different thing than saying "But to tell someone 'stop using A and try B'". MAP is very flexible in this regard in my opinion and individual components can (again in my opinion) always be replaced with other practices or techniques of the same category Robert seemed to reference when building it. I did all my trance practice related to MAP with the methods I had learned from my TMI CDs.

ADD? Come on... *sigh*

Oliver