Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Asking for comments on progress

Asking for comments on progress

Hello,
    I am working on having an obe for long time now and I want to share with you my progress. I would appreciate your insight and would love to receive your comments.
    So I do 30 minutes of relaxation exercises tensing and relaxing muscle groups after that i feel quite lazy and sleepy.
    Second step is to attain the trace state i do this by counting slowly backwards from 100 to 0.
    Third step the exit. For the exit i use the rope method and about after a minute of two of climbing the rope i get a sensation of energy building up in my chest together with a rush of excitement it feels sort of like an adrenalin rush. This sensation sort of builds up and then sort of dissipates and it is gone. This leaves me wide awake and my projection attempt is over.

So any insight and help and comment is very much appreciated

Blog Entries

Re: Asking for comments on progress

Quote Originally Posted by poofball
    Hello,
    I am working on having an obe for long time now and I want to share with you my progress. I would appreciate your insight and would love to receive your comments.
    Hi poofball. I don't see anything wrong with your routine, but I think some things can be changed and perhaps some things can be revisited.

So I do 30 minutes of relaxation exercises tensing and relaxing muscle groups after that i feel quite lazy and sleepy.
    Unless you are very wound up I think thirty minutes of just relaxation may be too much *gasp, I said that!* I think fifteen minutes of physical relaxation and ten to fifteen of mental relaxation is enough- if you do this part too long, you will get bored by the time you're supposed to concentrate and lose the plot. Unless you're tense, then by all means, relax for half an hour before the trance practice.
    Second step is to attain the trace state i do this by counting slowly backwards from 100 to 0.
    Ok so far, unless you don't pass out doing this. Some people use this backwards-counting to fall asleep, and there may be some conditioning about this. But it's not true for you, then this is a great way to get to trance.

Third step the exit. For the exit i use the rope method and about after a minute of two of climbing the rope i get a sensation of energy building up in my chest together with a rush of excitement it feels sort of like an adrenalin rush. This sensation sort of builds up and then sort of dissipates and it is gone. This leaves me wide awake and my projection attempt is over.
    This is the assumption that gets people all messed up- when the symptoms stop it doesn't mean you have failed- some times it means that you have projected but not separated. This may surprise you, but if you have projected but have not moved awareness, instead of giving up and going to sleep, try another exit technique, or just simply get up off your bed (or chair, or whatever you use) and see what happens.

If you find that you did not get deep enough doing this routine, then add some energy body loosening before the exit attempt (that is, in between trance and the exit attempt), and it may get you closer to the state you need to be in for the exit.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Hi, poofball! I think we are in the same place. I relax, get into the trance state, feel the energy strongly with my heart pounding and my body tingling. Sometimes I hear roaring or whooshing in my ears. That's when I try to exit with the rope technique. I usually see things with my eyes closed at this time, like strokes of light or swirly images. I have even seen flickering of shadows as if someone is passing back and forth in front of me. Once I saw a girl dancing in front of me for a few seconds as if I was watching a movie. I saw the color of her dress very vividly. My problem is that I get very excited and nervous when these things happen and my eyelids start to shake or tremble. Is that supposed to happen? When this occurs it makes me think my body is not asleep and the symptoms fade. Also, I have never felt paralysis, but instead I feel like my feet and legs are rising. I also try imagining myself above my house and like I'm holding on to a rope handle being pulled out quickly by a speedboat, but so far I cannot get an exit.

Blog Entries

My problem is that I get very excited and nervous when these things happen and my eyelids start to shake or tremble. Is that supposed to happen?
    It is not rare, but it just means you're not 'in' deep enough.
    When this occurs it makes me think my body is not asleep and the symptoms fade.
    Instead of thinking you're done, go back to trance and energy body loosening. Sometimes the hypnagogics come earlier in the trance, but when you react it wakes you a little too much, but it just means you have to go back in a little deeper. No reason to stop.

Also, I have never felt paralysis,
    It is physically impossible to 'feel paralysis', and many people keep their attention focused on their body expecting to 'feel' paralysis, instead of refocusing to their mental state. However,
    but instead I feel like my feet and legs are rising.
    That means that you are already exiting, and should concentrate on getting the parts that are not rising out. So a mental sit up would be appropriate with this type of symptom, and actually the rope is good too, to get you up. When my energy body starts to rise feet first (yes, it happens to me too) just imagine the rope will pull your upper torso and detach yourself up top.

I also try imagining myself above my house and like I'm holding on to a rope handle being pulled out quickly by a speedboat, but so far I cannot get an exit.
    Even though I sometimes do the 'waterski' technique, don't forget it's not a visual technique- the idea is to recreate how it feels to be pulled.

Thanks for the tips. Actually, when I imagine the waterski technique, I see it and feel it, but I also hear the boat motor speeding up. Is this too much to think about? I think I'm going to go back and study more techniques.

Blog Entries

If you can hear it you're in trance, which is a good thing. I just wanted to stress the 'feeling of movement' of it being the object.

7. Re: Asking for comments on progress

I will post my technique, it may be help to you.
    I tried to have OBE/AP for years and I wasn't successful. But last December I really focused on it, I used this technique and got my first experience begining of this year.

I don't use this technique anymore becase somehow I can do it more easily and quickly. It is like driving a car. First it is too hard but once you experience it couple of times, it becomes very easy.

Hope this will help.

1- I start with affirmations when I lie in bed that I will have OBE tonight and won't fall a sleep during the meditation. (arms and Legs uncrossed...a hypnotherapist told me once that crossed arms and legs symbolize resistance)
    Affirmations are important. I think of it this way. When you want to wake up earlier than usual, you set your mind to it and you magically wake up right on time. Condtinionung your mind to "not fall a sleep" has similiar effect. You must do this...
    2- Condition yourself that you will enjoy the whole experience whether you have OBE or not. This release the stress and make you more relaxed.
    3- Set more layers...This way you feel like you are progressing each time when you go deeper and deeper into meditation. Let me explain. You have 3 layers. And you expect sudden changes when you move from one kayer to another. This makes it harder and makes it unrealistic. At the end it causes disappointment.
    Instead put too many layers and observe the progress,,,My layers goes like this: Yours could be different...
    Layer 1: Relaxation: make sure you relaxed and let go yourself more and more. Even you feel like you are relaxed, realize that you can do better. So keep continue. 1/2 hr is too long. Keep it 15 minutes or so. And remember at the begining start with 3 deep breath and with each breath let go yourself slowly.
    Layer 2: Hypnosis: Once you relaxed, just start putting yourself into self hypnosis. Count from 10 to 1...(not from 100)...With each count concentrate on your body and mind relaxation. When you reach 0, don't worry, just assume that you achieve the hypnotic state - even tho you may not. Just lie to yourself.
    At this stage, stay another 10 monutes or so and use this time for positive self affirmations. Kind of praying and spiritual development. Say positive things to yourself and talk about self love etc.
    Layer 3eep Hypnosis: Start counting from 10 to 1 again and this time tell yourself you will be in deeper hypnosis when you reach 0. When you reach 0, again tell yourself you really are in this stage. Another 10 minutes or so, stay in this condition. Just try to rlet go all your thoughts. Don't force it. Just observe it.
    Layer 4: Trance: I again count from 10 to 0 and tell myself that I will be in trance when I reach 0. You should start seeing beautiful colorful shapes soon. Once you do, then stay for a little while and relax deeper.
    Layer 5: I call it dream stage: You may start to see dream like thoughts. Just enjoy it. ...Stay awake and soon you should see real people, scenes, and other things like cars, buildings etc.
    Layer 6: I call it spinning stage: You should start to see things spinning. It doesn't matter what the object is. If you are not here yet then I suggest keep counting from 10 to 0 and relax. Wait and let thoughts running around. Keep continue like this until you see some spinning objects. Once you see it, than focus and force to imagine spinning objects...rollercoaster, dancing balerinas, tornedo, you name it...whatever works...this part is a lot of fun
    Layer 7: Vibrations: See I never ever get vibration after spinning layer. But I discover something. My body gets really tired at this stage. So I slowly move my body to a more comfortable position and let my self fall a sleep hoping that my affirmations (that I make at the begining) would work and I will wake up when it is time. And I fall a sleep and always wake up soon after with massive vibrations.
    Layer 8: Exit: No matter what exit technique I use, I screw it up. Somehow I focus on the method and it gets so annoying that I loose focus and everything fails. Instead I just let it go....Let the vibrations continue and I automatically get out with no problem. Some people push the exit method too hard and screw it up all.

And MOST importantly. listen Robert Bruce's advice...I took his advice and I am glad I did. Do not stay more than 5 minutes when you get out. Just return to your body as soon as possible. Because your first ecperience is very special and you want to remember every detail. Otherwise you will confuse it with a dream and it is not good. My first experience was spectacular. I was fully awake and observe everything with great detail. First experience was no like other....trust me, it gets more dreamy later on...

And one more MUST to do....do not try anything if you are not having a good day. Do it when you feel you are spiritual and feeling love.
    Sorry, it took too long...

Good luck

Thank you all for the response.
    I will post more questions soon, but for now i have just one.
    sometimes when i try to get into trance i pass out and i wake up 10 , 20, 30 minutes later or so but when i wake up i just feel a sudden falling sensation and it just really feels like i fell back into my body. The fall is so hard that my legs jump up in the air like springs. So could it be that i projected outside and reentered inside my body but just not remembered the experience itself?
    but this seems unlikely because i did no exit techniques i just tried to get into trance

Blog Entries

Yes, it can happen. Many of us believe that you project when you go to sleep naturally (just don't get far) so if you're clicking out and then coming to, you are perceiving the reentry.

I want to ask if there are any alternative exit methods besides the "Rope" ?