Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Trance State

Re: Trance State

Quote Originally Posted by luffy28
    Do the exit techniques work while going to sleep or a prelude to sleep ? The reason I'm asking is cause I'm reading this book called "The School of OBE" and they say staying still upon waking up increases your chances of having an obe.

And if they do work what is a way I can do it once I'm about to go to sleep / get tired ?

There are 2 ways to OBE

1. The cheat way....messing around with sleep states. This is easier.

2. Doing OBE from a full waking state in the middle of the day. This takes Robert's books.

Blog Entries

Do the exit techniques work while going to sleep or a prelude to sleep ?
    It is not a good idea to do it while going to sleep, etc. The reason is that you may be too tired to stay aware, and if it does work, you may set up a precedent for not sleeping when it's time to go to sleep, and then sabotage your sleep habits. So many people have problems with energy when they are starting their OBE practice for this reason.

The reason I'm asking is cause I'm reading this book called "The School of OBE" and they say staying still upon waking up increases your chances of having an obe.
    Early in the morning, two hours before the usual wake time is ideal- but of course everyone is different.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Quote Originally Posted by Enochian
    Do the exit techniques work while going to sleep or a prelude to sleep ? The reason I'm asking is cause I'm reading this book called "The School of OBE" and they say staying still upon waking up increases your chances of having an obe.

And if they do work what is a way I can do it once I'm about to go to sleep / get tired ?

There are 2 ways to OBE

1. The cheat way....messing around with sleep states. This is easier.

2. Doing OBE from a full waking state in the middle of the day. This takes Robert's books.
    How do I mess with the "sleep states" ?

Any tutorials. I tried doing the monroe technique but I usually go to sleep on my side and my hand was hurting the whole time (the part when it says put your hand up). Is there any other way I can reach the hypnogogic state without having to use my arm or count in my head ?

Blog Entries

You mess with sleep states when you train yourself to stay awake when it is time to go to sleep. If you train yourself to try to OBE, you change the usual sleep rhythm, and then your body tries to stay awake when you're trying to sleep.

As per tutorials, I gave you my schedule above, and all the terms are spelled out in the AD Pedia.
    If you want something more structured, read the stickied topics, especially the MAP schedule, which gives you the headings on what to do, and if you can't find the meaning of something in the AD Pedia, we're happy to answer questions for you.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler
    You mess with sleep states when you train yourself to stay awake when it is time to go to sleep. If you train yourself to try to OBE, you change the usual sleep rhythm, and then your body tries to stay awake when you're trying to sleep.

As per tutorials, I gave you my schedule above, and all the terms are spelled out in the AD Pedia.
    If you want something more structured, read the stickied topics, especially the MAP schedule, which gives you the headings on what to do, and if you can't find the meaning of something in the AD Pedia, we're happy to answer questions for you.

Hi Luffy.
    It's impossible to say 'this is the way to do it' because everyone is different.
    Here is the way I do it:
    viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6506&#p110821
    In the schedule I see "always" "daily" and " 1 week".

Doe's "always" mean everyday and does "1 week" mean just for one week ?

Also what do you mean by "meditation" ?

Is meditation discussed in Astral Dynamics ? I'm asking cause I'm reading the newest version (from my local library) along with energy ways. And I'm at the part with affirmations. I'm trying to think up an affirmation.

Any help ?

Thanx.

Blog Entries

Hi Luffy.
    It's impossible to say 'this is the way to do it' because everyone is different.
    Here is the way I do it:
    viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6506&#p110821
    In the schedule I see "always" "daily" and " 1 week".

Doe's "always" mean everyday and does "1 week" mean just for one week ?

Also what do you mean by "meditation" ?

Thanx.
    Hi Luffy. To clarify, this is the schedule I used when I was starting out.
    When I was starting:
    Meditation (always)
    This means that I meditated every day, about one hour a day, as part of my OBE practice.

Affirmations (ongoing)
    I've always used affirmations, so it was not difficult to adapt them to my practice.
    Secondary Center stimulation (daily)
    This means I did secondaries (which would be your sponging) every day, but not always as part of my practice, just at random times throughout the day.
    Primary Center stimulation (1 week)
    I did chakras about once a week, maybe some more, and also not as part of my practice, but at other times of the day, when doing energy work.

To me meditation is an activity where I sit quietly with my eyes closed from fifteen minutes to one hour, depending on time constraints. I will do all sorts of mind activities in this state, such as counting breaths, breathing colors, pranayama (that should be in the AD Pedia), contemplative prayer, centering, and sometimes (but not often) visualizations. Sometimes I try to focus on nothingness (especially if I don't have a whole hour to do this) but most of the time I do various activities, such as described.

Is meditation discussed in Astral Dynamics ? I'm asking cause I'm reading the newest version (from my local library) along with energy ways. And I'm at the part with affirmations. I'm trying to think up an affirmation.

Any help ?
    I don't know if he mentions meditation in AD, but many of his techniques involve meditation, even if he doesn't call it so.
    If you need help with affirmations, go to the manifesting subforum, and there are various threads dedicated to this.

Is it necessary to do the energy system before trance training ? or could I do them both at the same time ?

Is NEW necessary for astral projection ?

The reason I'm asking is that it takes me a while to learn new things and I might but stuck on it for a week or two.

Can I skip it ? or should I just do NEW then go forward ?

Blog Entries

Is it necessary to do the energy system before trance training ? or could I do them both at the same time ?
    You can do both, energy work can be considered a form of meditation, because it focuses your mind on a task instead of letting it wander.

Is NEW necessary for astral projection ?
    No, energy work isn't necessary, but it is helpful if you're going to try the OBE techniques.

The reason I'm asking is that it takes me a while to learn new things and I might but stuck on it for a week or two.
    It's ok to dedicate a week to learning something new, and then move on, whether you feel you're ready or not.

Can I skip it ?
    If you mean energy work (NEW) it's up to you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2