Thanks, Oliver, interesting take indeed and absolutely plausible, too. I was just hyothesizing myself about this with these two alternatives. Yes, I am not a 2012 believer, either, let alone of any kind of humanity 'ascension' - that is why although I mentioned it I discarded this hypothesis quickly, for me.

Viewing it on a personal (soul, higher self) level makes also sense, it can even be combined with the 'state-of-Humanity' statements of this strange guy (of whom I also stated the possibility of being an aspect of my"self"), as it takes place within a frame of more people 'awakening' and making 'connections' to their soul-spaceships . Btw, I didn't know that a spaceship in the sky can symbolise the soul which is an interesting concept and opens up new possibilties of interpretation for me, indeed (as I often see spaceships, orbs and different kinds of lights on skies in dreams).

So the little number of people - compared to the mass of mankind - can represent this minority (or does it represent myself in different incarnations?). Then the guy's first comment makes sense, although he wasn't talking about the percentage of people awakened but rather a "measure of Humanity's potential", but maybe it was also my "own" potential (not yet reached)?.
Thus 60 "units" out of 800 on the scale would be about only 8% reached so far, and yet a long way to go. I do not know why there was given such an odd measurement scale of 700-800, but that is how I remember his statement. What is a unit of 1 supposed to represent and how to measure it? "Coherence level"? "Frequency"? "Enlightenment level"? "Source-proximity"? One can only speculate.