Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 LastLast

Thread: Sinera's Lucidiary

Blog Entries

Re: Volgerle's Lucidiary

PS - about "sensing":

Kurt also has told about a specific kind of simulations - the ones where part of your inner senses are suppressed to demonstrate the function of others more clearly. This might also be the case here.

Cheers,
    Oliver

Thanks a lot, Korpo, for your good advice and assessments (and encouragement)! Food for thought for me that helps a lot.

About the 'visionless sensing' (be it either accidental or, as you say, also suppressed by the helper as a means of giving another lesson (yes, that also makes sense to me - possibly she did that!)), I feel reminded of the Near Death Experiences of the blind.

Maybe it's is the same sense they use when they are "out" then? I read this book a while ago and it really seems to fit the experience:

http://www.amazon.com/Mindsight-Near-De ... 623&sr=8-7

quote from Amazon description:
    "There is compelling evidence that the blind do "see" in those moments, but it is not sight as we think of it. Ring and Cooper uncover a kind of "transcendental awareness" they refer to as mindsight. It involves the strange experience of being able to perceive from all angles at once, from every focal depth at once, and a sense of "knowing" the subject, not just visually, but with a deep and inexplicable knowledge."

So probably we used (or were taught to use) "mindsight" sense.
    This collector of useless clutter.

Blog Entries

I agree with Korpo: your experiences feel very positive to me as well

Quote Originally Posted by Volgerle
    I hope I am not torturing all of you too much with my "novel-writing" here
    Not a torture at all...Honestly, I think your stories are well written...And I like the little touch of humor here and there.
    And there's even suspense... Do reach those fields: I want to know who that sheperd is!

Quote Originally Posted by poème
    Not a torture at all...Honestly, I think your stories are well written...And I like the little touch of humor here and there. And there's even suspense... Do reach those fields: I want to know who that sheperd is!
    Thanks, I'll do my very best. Actually, however, I seem to be in a little drought period again. I tried very hard to 'get out' lately, even attempts of controlled exits by meditation after short-naps (supposed to be a promising method). At one point I seemed near success but failed, when I start to 'fall' I seem to get startled and 'snap back'. Everything else I tried was in vain, too. Recently, I also wilfully induced vibrations 2 times lying in bed - while I was almost in waking state (!!) - but nothing happened. Yes, I know I need to be patient, but that is the hardest part for me. I desperately WANT to get out (to the fields) again!
    Although this is a lucidiary let me mention a dream I had two nights ago: I was in class, pretty ill-humoured, almost acting as a kind of spoilsport. It seemed that somehow I did not agree with the whole class / educational system. Then I asked the teacher for some important date (but I don't know what event exactly was meant by it). I had proposed/suggested a date in end-April. The teacher stood up, went to a side wall where there was a chart and said: "Oh no, it's on May 2nd. And don't forget the bag."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Volgerle
    "Oh no, it's on May 2nd. And don't forget the bag."
    You've been warned!

Re: 24/May/2011: The Viking

24/May/2011
    The Viking

Wow, after a long hiatus of over a month (last lucadventure: Apr 17th) I finally 'got out' again tonight. At first glance it's rather disappointing, but on second glance there are some little progress signs.

I get lucid hearing a bird. I am lying in bed in the lower (downstairs) portal. The bird voice comes from the kitchen where we used to have our little green parakeet in the 80ies. So, I am back after all. I soon get completely lucid, knowing my present self and my target. I am now in the upper (upstairs) portal and try to get up.
    Something puts a pressure on my throat, congests it. But it is not a person or anything, I also "know" it is not my physical body. It is just an energetic feeling. I say to myself that I don't wanna be kept from getting up by this and that it will vanish. And so it does! Btw, I do not have any vibrations at all. Just this kind of energetic congestion that eased off as soon as I am up.
    I'm then standing (as I did before) on the outer window sill of my window (high up on the second floor of our house). This time: no hesitation! I lift off into the sky. I head to my target because I remember it: the fields. I have to fly straight on. It is night, but there is more light over there where 'the fields' are. I also request more light and don't forget to look at my hands (while flying) once for concentration purposes.
    I arrive at a kind of jungle-like forest or plains. It is at daylight now. I see some exotic flower-like trees. I still fly on and then I see the shepherd on a kind of clearing.
    I go down and land. From near, however, the shepherd 'turns into' a Viking. The shepherd's crook gets a spear. The beard turns into a little thin mustache. He still stands there like a statue, just looking at me. For me, he resembles just a little the cartoon figure from a children's tv show we had in Germany. The fellow looks mostly like the cartoon character "Gorm", just much taller and not so small.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vicky_the_Viking

Before I can interact or go on in some way I get back to my body involuntarily. I have heavy PREES. I remember that I fell asleep immediately again due to heavy tiredness.

Comments / Afterthoughts

As said, first it seems like another boring re-wind and re-play of the same old simulation I have gone through a lot of times now. (However, I want repeatable experiences, so it is okay again, on the other hand.)
    The positive assets are: 1. I overcame some energetic congestions and did not get diverted from exiting, seems I have a real warrior attitude now. 2. I became (after a few seconds of 'orientation') highly lucid, remembering my target, this was not always the case: First, before, I often forgot my intentions and targets. Secondly, often when I got to the portal I thought I was a younger version of me and forgot my present 'self' entirely - not this time! 3. I got to the area where the fields were, despite a rather confusing and disappointing result there. 4. I remembered to do other important techniques such as requesting better vision and the hands-concentration practice.

Ok, so what about the Norseman? I view this, as the shepherd, purely in symbolical terms. But that is the problem. What does he stand for symbolically?

Before I did some research, I had my own idea. I tend to interpret symbols in a positive way for me. Maybe too positive, I have to admit. I thought that Vikings were adventurers and discoverers in their time. They broke new ground with their ships all over the world. Of course, they also were warriors.
    So I thought that it might be my gained 'warrior attitude', boldness and desire for discovery that is a good thing. Maybe it was a sign that I need even more of it. Background: I try to learn phasing / W.I.L.D. induction now in order to have controlled exits, since I need to get out more often to make progress. I thought it might be related to this.

However, on checking the 'official' dream interpretation teachings, I found a surprise that is a bit unsettling:

"To see a Viking in your dream, indicates that you are feeling violated or conflicted in some way. You are facing a confrontational situation."
    http://dreammoods.com/cgibin/dreamdicti ... rch=Viking
    http://www.dreamsstudy.com/dream_meanin ... bol=viking
    "To dream of a viking, means that you have problems."
    http://mysteries24.com/l-11576-Viking

There might be something to it. I have a current prob (for months now with rising degrees of intensity) with a noisy neighbour in the flat above mine. It needs to be settled. If I can't I should rather move out because the situation has sometimes become unbearable. I need to confront the neighbour, which so far I avoided - mostly due to my rather 'defensive' attitude, but maybe sometimes it is better or even necessary to fight back and speak up? Of course it also could refer to other kinds of confrontational issues, but this is what comes first to my mind now, since it occupies my thoughts a lot of the time when I am at home (and it starts even already before I get home).

A third interpretation more directly to the character of Gorm:
    "a rather over-excited fellow among the Flake Vikings who occupies the position of the lookout" (Wiki)

Does it mean I should be "on the lookout"? Or that I am over-excited (when projecting) too much?

If you have any (other) good ideas or see that one of my interpretations makes (no) sense, please comment.

Blog Entries

Hello, Volgerle.

The name "Gorm" itself has a meaning, too. Maybe more interesting - what do you, personally, associate with him? I remember his overexcited jumping up and down when I think about the character, for example.

If you get the chance, always ask why they look a certain way. "Why do you look like Gorm (to me)?" might have yielded an interesting answer.

Cheers,
    Oliver

Blog Entries

I'm glad you finally reached those fields and had new insights about this intriguing sheperd...Although I have no clue either as to what all this may mean, sorry!
    ...But do you remember what were your thoughts in the dream as you saw this character's appearance? Or do you remember how you felt toward this character in the dream? Maybe this could help you understanding the visuals...

Quote Originally Posted by poème
    But do you remember what were your thoughts in the dream as you saw this character's appearance? Or do you remember how you felt toward this character in the dream? Maybe this could help you understanding the visuals...
    No, it all came to an end too fast then. I just kind of 'landed' on this clearing, saw the guy standing there and as soon as I registered his strange looks for merely a second or so, I 'fell back' into my body (with PREES). Maybe because I got the "message" I was supposed to get (if it was one) ?? There wasn't any time left. I don't remember either what I felt or thought when I saw him. I don't even remember how/what I felt/thought before when I spotted him (still up in the air and from far away) down there as the shepherd. Was I happy (I should have been)? I don't know. It all went too fast for me, it was a very short projection in general. :cry:

Blog Entries

I wouldn't feel bad about this if I were you. As you mentionned yourself in your earlier post, you did see improvement... And you remembered your target. Chances are that you will also remember in future outings, then you'll find out more...

As for the inner speech and feelings in dreams and projections, I'm pretty sure it's possible to train oneself easily for that by simply doing the same in the waking state. We sense, and think and feel a lot more than what the counscious mind (the brain perhaps) can handle in the waking state, which is why it filters so much. But I think it can be trained to pay more attention and filter less. It will then do the same in dreams and projections... Well, maybe you actually already pay attention to your inner speach in dreams and projections... If so, just discard this paragraph

...And I still want to know more about this sheperd guy, so keep us updated

Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 LastLast