Thread: The Purpose of SNORING Sleep!..?

Blog Entries

The Purpose of SNORING Sleep!..?

Hi everyone,

Can anyone shed some light on what type of sleep one is in when loudly snoring ??

I have always found others loud snoring very, very disturbing to listen and experience ( my father when in our touring caravan, as i child i would shout at him to 'shut-up snoring' until someone took some notice and altered the sitaution ( usually my mum, making my dad wake -up and turn over)

I became involved with someone who was a heavy drinker and smoker AND a VERY loud snorrer !!

Once again it has to be stated that i was mostly very intollerant to this persons constant 'snoring noises'

I have heard and woken myself up at times snoring, myself that is, but usually it appears to be a very 'different' type of rest or sleep that i was in during times of snoring...

Last night it seemed that loud snoring by another, seemed to hold the space for me to OoBE or lucidly meet others 'somewhere' , when i came back / came around/ out of my lucid experience the snorer also disturbed and woke up

Any thoughts on this subject would be greatly appreciated..

No offence meant to any SNORERS - out there ----- Just a personal issue of mine

xXx
    " the core of spirituality is to optimize your personal evolution" ~ Robert Bruce

Blog Entries

Re: The Purpose of SNORING Sleep!..?

My husband starts snoring the second he goes to sleep and I can hear myself snoring. So this indicates that snoring doesn't have a purpose or 'only' happens at a specific stage- it can happen when you relax enough to 'loosen the throat muscles'. It has no purpose, it's an effect of relaxation of certain throat muscles, and can be worse if you're overweight or have a large uvula.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries

There are different types of snores and they can occur in any of the sleep stages:
    http://www.britishsnoring.co.uk/stages_of_snoring.php
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler
    My husband starts snoring the second he goes to sleep and I can hear myself snoring. So this indicates that snoring doesn't have a purpose or 'only' happens at a specific stage- it can happen when you relax enough to 'loosen the throat muscles'. It has no purpose, it's an effect of relaxation of certain throat muscles, and can be worse if you're overweight or have a large uvula.
    Thanks CFTraveler x x
    " the core of spirituality is to optimize your personal evolution" ~ Robert Bruce

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beekeeper
    There are different types of snores and they can occur in any of the sleep stages:
    http://www.britishsnoring.co.uk/stages_of_snoring.php
    Thanks Beekeeper, i've just managed to read some that was in the link you gave.

It was very helpful, it makes me wonder now that perhaps my earlier realisation 'horror understandings' that i got might of been ' off the mark' and incorrect and less sinister in nature after all

i am thinking now, that maybe my issues also tie -in with the breathing aspect that snoring is physically connected too, as reading about obstruction with respiration brings up old trauma issues for me

xx x