i'm at the swimming pool at my high school, there is a lesson taking place, one of my old teachers is there.
the other pupils are all children, but there's someone else there with me who's the same age as me.
i enjoy swimming around. i go to the edge and climb out, there are children splashing around having fun.
i soon realise that the pool has been divided into two halves. one is shallow, one is deep.
the one i just climbed out of is the shallow one.
i go down to the deep pool. the kids are practising diving down to pick up rubber bricks and other objects. i remember doing this when i was at school. i'm flooded with memories of learning to swim, fun times with friends.
i also realise that i'm no longer so care-free as i was back then. that, although i am able to swim just as well as these care-free kids, there's a part of me that is aware of the danger involved.
i turn around a see that the wall behind me has disappeared, and the pools are actually right on a beach. the ocean stretches away to the horizon in every direction. it's a wonderful sight. nothing but water...the ocean is calm too, and the beach seems to stretch on forever...
i feel good, relaxed. the open sea beckons, an ocean of potential...