Quote Originally Posted by NightWalker
I am in the mood for writing tonight

Astral Projection
This happened when I was a teenager also (many moons ago). I had no idea what this was for another ten years after.
I laid down in the afternoon. I wasn't tired, just bored. Also I am the type of person who never, ever goes to sleep straight away, my mind ticks away for a long time.
After just a few minutes after lying down I was suddenly in a huge glasshouse (about as big as half a football field). I could see the bright blue sky outside. I was lying on my back, on what seemed like lush, vibrant green, grass, which I knew was fake, (actual fake grass) but felt nice, like real grass, and the ground I was lying on was rolling, perfectly like big rolling waves. It was the most enjoyable, blissful, comforting feeling. I decided to conjure someone up in my imagination to join me and that ruined it....I was back on my bed, wide awake. I ran out, really excited about my experience, to tell my flatmate/best friend and she looked at me like I was making it up, which hurt my feelings.
I would indeed classify this as an astral projection, and you were working on moving on up 'higher' or 'outer'. That you knew the grass was fake would indicate that you were working on your mental body, that you woke up after attempting to manifest it tells me that you weren't quite ready yet.
Very impressive, BTW.