Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: OBE... or just a dream?

OBE... or just a dream?

A short nap was much needed after school today, so I set my timer for thirty minutes and completed the nap. I still felt sleepy, so I dosed back off. A text message woke me up, which I responded to, and I then continued sleeping.

I began to dream and it wasn't long before the dream had guided me to the room I was sleeping in. I began to feel very disoriented and since there was a person in the room with me, I thought it was time for them to leave and guided the them out the door.

I thought I woke up, because it felt like my awareness changed as my eyes opened and I was lying down in the place I was napping. When I began to move however, I realized my body wasn't responding. I was a bit confused, I was hearing sounds and when I tried to stretch my arm far I almost blacked out. I became aware that I was in a position where I could control an obe, so I began slowing down my movement. I began turning more to my side, little by little, and decided I wanted to face down at myself and float up. I felt release from my body the more I turned, but everything I saw started to become more blurred the more I left. As I drifted away, I couldn't get a solid vision on anything, it was like an abstract painting almost.

I felt it was time to be done, and remember reading that moving a body part can help bring you back. I felt myself move my right index finger which was followed by a brief but obvious disorientation and I immediately jolted awake from my nap. I remember feeling right away the OBE experience different than my dream, because it seemed more vivid, and my conscious mind was present.

I would like to believe it was genuine, but I am inexperienced. Do you think there is any truth to this obe?

Thank you!

Blog Entries

Re: OBE... or just a dream?

Hello, AlaskaBoy.

Sure sounds like a spontaneous OBE.

Cheers,
    Oliver

That sounds like an OBE alright! Ecspecially when you describe your disoriented vision. Sometimes it will be blurry, sometimes really grainy, sometimes a wierd dark tunnel vision, and sometimes it will even look like cobwebs are everywhere. Someone explained to me that this is because you ARENT seeing through your eyes anymore, you are sensing your surroundings. Or something like that!

It will get easier each time you do it. I like the rolling out of bed method myself! I tried the rope method once and it flung me half way across the room! I guess maybe I used too much mental strength!

What part of Alaska are you from? I lived in Fairbanks for the first 15 years of my life.

nat
    Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.

Sounds like a typical false awakening - one thinks one did wake up, but actually it is still a dream. Usually when one really wakes up, one realizes details, that point out it was a dream. When you dream, obviously you are not using your physical senses either, so it is very alike a OBE.
    I think it is a very good way to practice OBEs, as the dream environment is save and your can practice all the things like flying, creating things, etc.

As you have been reading about OBEs, it is to be expected, that you will dream about having OBEs. Entering a lucid dream can come with the same kind of vibrations, etc.

Anyway, I consider a lucid dream a kind of OBE. Congratulations, this is the start!
    + Alienor +

Sure sounds like a spontaneous OBE.
    Thanks for your opinion Oliver!

sometimes really grainy...
    Nat - grainy is a perfect word to describe it. I'm sure after a few years of good practice, it will become much more clear. The rope method is a little too cowboy for me as well, I need some finesse. =D I grew up in Healy, but Fairbanks is my second home and my father still lives there. I'm in sunny Florida now, lol.

Sounds like a typical false awakening
    I thought about this after my post and did some research on false awakenings. It's totally possible it was a lucid dream, but it was different to me than other dreams. I have never remembered having a lucid dream before, so I guess I can't compare. Some interesting things though:

- It felt more real than a dream. Feelings of disorientation between transitions were very strong.
    - I consciously woke myself up from within my 'experience'. Awesome!
    - When I awoke in real life, I was in the same position as my 'false' awakening.

For what my opinion's worth, (learner) I think when you know yourself it 'wasn't a normal dream'...it wasn't. The two OBE's I had I couldn't see properly either. Everything was darker and blurry, and 'tunnel vision' seems appropriate also. Some of the things you wrote reminded me of sleep paralysis also. I wonder who you showed out......
    What you love you empower. What you fear you empower. What you empower you attract.

I think I agree NightWalker. After much research, I have concluded it was in fact a spontaneous OBE. I just need to figure out how to get back there more often, lol.

I wonder who you showed out......
    What did you mean by this?

Blog Entries

Just a comment- graininess is a normal thing for an RTZ OBE (as opposed to an OBE to the astral) because of the way the etheric body collects information from it's surroundings (like radar)- so this is a clue you were in the RTZ.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

graininess is a normal thing for an RTZ OBE
    I have seen this term "RTZ" before, but after an hour of Google searching I cannot find out exactly what it is. What does it stand for and how is it different than the world of AP?

Blog Entries

The AD-Pedia (in my sig) is your friend.
    Anyway, RTZ (Real Time Zone, aka etheric plane, locale 1, Focus 1).
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.