Thread: New year's eve

New year's eve

It's new years eve, and I'm out at a club with my old friends from high school. They're having a good time, but I feel tired and drained and decide to go back home. I end up at my grandmothers apartment (she lives nearby). It's late at night, but it's still before midnight (when the new year starts). I'm sitting in a nice sofa there, just relaxing and taking it easy.

The apartment is empty except a cleaning lady, she's cleaning the place out. I've brought some fruit along to eat, she asks if she can have some, I say yes. Then she asks for more, I tell her to please finish her work first.

---

I wanted to share this as it seems important: a new year can signify a major change coming, right?

Cheers,

John
    ...but my words like silent raindrops fell
    and echoed in the wells of silence.

Blog Entries

Re: New year's eve

Hello, John.

The timing in the dream seems to suggest it's not quite happening yet. Maybe the fruit is a suggestion for better nutrition to clear out your system to maintain yourself during upcoming changes.

Cheers,
    Oliver

Blog Entries

Let's see if I can reword this as if it was MY dream. ~

"It's New Year's and I'm at party to celebrate but I'm just not in to it, besides everyone here relates only to my past, which, of course, relates to right now, but only symbolically - that is; what is my past telling me about today?

Frankly, I'm a little bored with that, I mean, jeez! I've dealt with it all and don't bother me again! Oh, I think I'll just go home.... no, Grandma's. I'm a little troubled and who, better than anyone, to turn to?

But whoops, the place of my refuge is being cleaned out, probably my DNA with it. She is kind and asks if she may partake in my fruit (I being the fruit of Grandma). I'm a generous person so I say, "Help yourself". But she asked for more of the fruit and I insist she take care of the cleaning first."

Which doesn't solve a thing really, but I was just wondering if rephrased into another paradigm it might be more illuminating?

~~~

Ok, I made a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by I Said
    Oh, I think I'll just go home.... no, Grandma's. I'm a little troubled and who, better than anyone, to turn to?

But whoops, the place of my refuge is being cleaned out, probably my DNA with it. She is kind and asks if she may partake in my fruit (I being the fruit of Grandma).
    But I'm going to leave it. 'She' I meant to refer to the maid, but as I wrote it the pronoun had no antecedent other than 'Grandma(s)''. It doesnt' make any sense anysway.
    Matter is only mind in an opaque condition; and all beauty is but a symbol of spirit.
    - E Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by Korpo
    Hello, John.

The timing in the dream seems to suggest it's not quite happening yet. Maybe the fruit is a suggestion for better nutrition to clear out your system to maintain yourself during upcoming changes.

Cheers,
    Oliver
    Yeah, it might be.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by eyeoneblack
    Let's see if I can reword this as if it was MY dream. ~

"It's New Year's and I'm at party to celebrate but I'm just not in to it, besides everyone here relates only to my past, which, of course, relates to right now, but only symbolically - that is; what is my past telling me about today?

Frankly, I'm a little bored with that, I mean, jeez! I've dealt with it all and don't bother me again! Oh, I think I'll just go home.... no, Grandma's. I'm a little troubled and who, better than anyone, to turn to?

But whoops, the place of my refuge is being cleaned out, probably my DNA with it. She is kind and asks if she may partake in my fruit (I being the fruit of Grandma). I'm a generous person so I say, "Help yourself". But she asked for more of the fruit and I insist she take care of the cleaning first."

Which doesn't solve a thing really, but I was just wondering if rephrased into another paradigm it might be more illuminating?

~~~

Ok, I made a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by I Said
    Oh, I think I'll just go home.... no, Grandma's. I'm a little troubled and who, better than anyone, to turn to?

But whoops, the place of my refuge is being cleaned out, probably my DNA with it. She is kind and asks if she may partake in my fruit (I being the fruit of Grandma).
    But I'm going to leave it. 'She' I meant to refer to the maid, but as I wrote it the pronoun had no antecedent other than 'Grandma(s)''. It doesnt' make any sense anysway.
    Hehe, that's nice. It doesn't really feel like me, however. Hmmmm.... will have to think more about this.

Blog Entries

The thing I really noticed is just before midnight and just before the new year. It's a dream about the transition point, the intermediate, the liminal.

Consider the possibility that the cleaning lady is you and before you can partake of more of the fruit of your labours, you've got to get the job done.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

Blog Entries

I like Beek's interpretation. In that scenario you would be the higher aspect of yourself interacting with the lower aspect (cleaning is often seen as lowly job by many) doing "the dirty work."

Cheers,
    Oliver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beekeeper
    The thing I really noticed is just before midnight and just before the new year. It's a dream about the transition point, the intermediate, the liminal.
    I agree with Beekeeper's interpretation... I'd also like to add that this reminds me of another dream you previously had, where a spiritual advisor asked you to write a poem... «Orange flare...»
    ...And that poem you wrote was about a sunrise, or a rising sun (you? )

After midnight, a new year will begin (ie a significant turn in your spiritual life) and as the morning arrives, the sun will slowly starts to rise...

Perhaps...

Consider the possibility that the cleaning lady is you and before you can partake of more of the fruit of your labours, you've got to get the job done.
    Yeah, that feels correct. Thanks!

I must say these last few days have been pretty intense. It's great to get an opportunity to clean things up and open up to new areas of life.

Quote Originally Posted by poème
    I agree with Beekeeper's interpretation... I'd also like to add that this reminds me of another dream you previously had, where a spiritual advisor asked you to write a poem... «Orange flare...»
    ...And that poem you wrote was about a sunrise, or a rising sun (you? )

After midnight, a new year will begin (ie a significant turn in your spiritual life) and as the morning arrives, the sun will slowly starts to rise...

Perhaps...
    Yeah! That sounds great! Let's hope that's what it's all about...