Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Tensed up

Re: Tensed up

Hi Korpo,

I've noticed this happening to me as well but only under certain conditions.

If energy work or progressive relaxation is done without some spirit is when i have noticed this tension occurring. Or i guess in other words if progressive relaxation or energy work is done mechanically and without emotion is when i have noticed the tension occurring.

Deeper relaxation, the kind that kicks you into trance pretty quick, can occur if positive higher emotion(deep/pure love, joy, gratitude) is mixed with progressive relaxation and energy work.
    You haveeyes each composed of 130 million photoreceptor cells. In each of those cells there’s 100 trillion atoms that’s more than all the stars in the Milky way galaxy.However each atom in each cell in each eye formed in the core of a star billions of years ago and yet here they are today being utilized to capture the energy released from that same process all to expand the consciousness of you. It's ironic in that you are the universe experiencing itself And all you are is a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by jasis View Post
    Hi Korpo,

I used to have a similar problem, also focussing on the movement of breath. The solution which worked for me was to change my meditation so that now I do not focus on the breath, which to me is in some way focussing on the physical, but rather on an internal mantra. In fact, I favour the mantra rather than focus on it. http://www.aypsite.org has all the info. Worth a look and it worked for me.
    Just my quick 2c worth. too - I also found that focussing on breath makes one too consciously attached to the process; it made my heart race & breathing became quite unnatural. That was long ago; nowadays I use 2 or 3 mantras to calm the mind -waves for a few minutes, & then go into the void. Sometimes the gayatri mantra "plays" very subtly throughout, without my consciously concentrating on it.

Do you do yoga, Korpo? That should help for the tensing of the body; so should grounding. I find when I feel very "light" or "abstract", the body tenses (probably trying to hold on to 3D!) I have also used mantras mentally placed in different parts of the anatomy help.
    Last edited by CFTraveler; 10th November 2011 at 02:31 PM.

Blog Entries

Funny that you guys replied so recently. I was to write something about my dealing with tension, and have been contemplating this since yesterday I guess.

For years I've been doing my techniques for releasing blocks. My most recent attempts have proven to be very effective, I'm now finally getting to the deeper muscular layers, I think. A perceived tension may release and shift within 1-3 conscious breaths. My body is still wound into itself, I'm currently resolving tension from the abdomen outward. It's good that the rate of progress is so good, because there's still a lot to do.

The strong bodily tension has been a problem that has accompanied me for many years, but I feel I have been making progress on this. I think it's one of the many conditions sensitive people can develop as reaction to stressors. In my case I put some effort into releasing this most days with energy work meditation and maintaining a basic fitness regime.

I don't do Yoga, but I do stretching from Qigong exercises, only I do them rather irregularly... I tried doing a variant of Yoga, but I find even that gentle variant to not work for me. I can't assume the postures.

Am I going nuts? I am sure I posted a link to some amazing chanting by Mokurai in this thread?

Blog Entries

I haven't deleted anything, as you have full linking privileges. Maybe in another thread?
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

What if i record the mantram and play again and again in a cellphone? its going to work?