Thread: religious conflict?

religious conflict?

Is anyone else conflicted about their religious beliefs and OBE. Someone sent me an article about the contradictions of Christian beliefs and yoga practice. This got me wondering if perhaps I am exploring God's secrets that are not meant to be known by living humans. This has me a little worried. Up until now I considered this a gift and that it would not be possible if He had not intended it. The scripture quoted in the article did not convince me that enlightenment is wrong. Are there any scripture that refer to our experiences in a good way? I hope I don't get attacked in a debate over these questions. I would just like to know your thoughts.

Blog Entries

Re: religious conflict?

Of course there are. What you make of them depends on your religious beliefs regarding God and humans- if you see God as 'a figure who has secrets' and can lose something by humans knowing about it, you may not want to do this. But if you believe that the ability to experience (after all, isn't experience what we're here to do? Why do we have bodies?) is God given, then considering AP taboo is similar to considering going to another country (or planet, or galaxy) something that for some reason God doesn't want for us.

Here is the scripture I promised:

1 Cor
    2:15But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, and he himself is judged of no man. 2:16For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he should instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.
    3:16Know ye not that ye are a temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

12:4Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. 12:5And there are diversities of ministrations, and the same Lord. 12:6And there are diversities of workings, but the same God, who worketh all things in all. 12:7But to each one is given the manifestation of the Spirit to profit withal. 12:8For to one is given through the Spirit the word of wisdom; and to another the word of knowledge, according to the same Spirit: 12:9to another faith, in the same Spirit; and to another gifts of healings, in the one Spirit; 12:10and to another workings of miracles; and to another prophecy; and to another discernings of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; and to another the interpretation of tongues: 12:11but all these worketh the one and the same Spirit, dividing to each one severally even as he will. 12:12For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of the body, being many, are one body; so also is Christ.
    12:28And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondly prophets, thirdly teachers, then miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, divers kinds of tongues. 12:29Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles? 12:30have all gifts of healings? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret? 12:31But desire earnestly the greater gifts. And moreover a most excellent way show I unto you.

14:1Follow after love; yet desire earnestly spiritual gifts, but rather that ye may prophesy.

Here's some reference to OBE or AP in the Bible:

Rev 1:10 "I was in the spirit on the lords day...." and goes on to describe his astral travel.

2 Corinthians 12
    I 1 must boast; not that it is profitable, but I will go on to visions and revelations of the Lord.
    I know someone in Christ who, fourteen years ago (whether in the body or out of the body I do not know, God knows), was caught up to the third heaven.
    And I know that this person (whether in the body or out of the body I do not know, God knows)
    was caught up into Paradise and heard ineffable things, which no one may utter.

Obviously talking about OBE here, and as a good thing too. "I must boast..."

In biblical times, OBE was not regarded taboo, any more than other abilities. So take what you may from these, because if you are going to take your rules for what it says about behavior, then you should stone anyone who has ever had an affair, eaten pork, or even disrespected their parents, men would have to marry their wivf's sisters if they became widowed, owning credit cards or working in a bank would be forbidden, and owing money would make you a slave to whoever loaned you the money.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Re: religious conflict?

Thank you for the quick reply, CFT. I feel better now! I have prayed to God during one of my OBEs and surely He would have let me know if He was displeased with me. However, I feel that these new experiences are only bringing me closer to Him and making me think about Him more which I think He would be happy about. Just what I think, anyway... Thanks again!