Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Please report any/all forum weirdness so we can fix it!

Blog Entries

Please report any/all forum weirdness so we can fix it!

This cool new forum is still undergoing tweaks and fixes. Please report anything that seems weird, off, not quite right, etc and we'll look into it. This includes display issues, stuff that doesn't work the way you expect, and anything else that seems like it should be reported. Don't worry if if turns out to be a feature! We don't mind questions, and we're happy to help when and where we can. Thanks.

Blog Entries

Password and Logging in

Hi CW,

I got here this morning and my password would not be 'accepted' so i did what CFT recommended (see below - i copied and pasted it from the old forum (hope that's ok ?)) and this worked...

..In theory your membership has already been activated, but your password may not work. If this happens, please use the "change password" button and get the new password in the email, and then change it back to whatever it was for you.
    I had to do it- I already existed there, but my password wasn't recognized, so I redid it.

This earlier problem that i had may have now already been fixed .... ?

Just wanted to let you know, just incase others were still having this problem too..
    " the core of spirituality is to optimize your personal evolution" ~ Robert Bruce

Blog Entries
    Hmmmm.... that was strange on submitting the above reply, i found i was then logged out and had to 'log back in' .....luckily my reply was not lost, i will post this now to see if i become logged out again, if i do get logged out again i'll write another reply saying so..
    " the core of spirituality is to optimize your personal evolution" ~ Robert Bruce

Blog Entries
    Thanks for letting us know. Anything else weird you experience, just sing out. We'll stomp all the bugs as soon as we can.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Blog Entries

EDIT POST option

Hi

When i first arrived on the site yesterday the EDIT POST option was / seemed to be available on all of my posts, i know this as i altered some of them.

But today, i've noticed that my older posts do not have this option available on them, only on today's recent posts do i have the option to 'edit'

is there a timer set for 'editing options' maybe?

Will we be getting this option back again ?

Thanks

Blog Entries
    There is currently a timer set on editing posts. Right now, it's set to 12 hours. It could be changed to a longer period of time, but I think we want to have it time out after a reasonable time. When people come into an ongoing discussion thread and do heavy editing (not that you were doing anything like that, I'm sure), it can disrupt the conversation. So we'll probably be keeping a timeout in place, but it doesn't have to remain at 12 hours.

I'll talk to the other mods and see what they think, and member input is also welcome, of course.

There may be other options, too. We're still learning the back end and capabilities of the board, so we'll have to get back to you.

Thanks for the post, your concern is noted and appreciated.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Hi,

drafting possibility should be activated. I think this is possible. I searched sth on the net. It seems to me that Admins could configure this.

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=142153

What really looks terrible is that some of the tiny font sizes (e.g. in s.o.'s signatures or if you really formatted it this way in the text) were now imported with absolute mega-size instead.
    But hey, at least the smileys are cool.
    Cheers
    Volgerle
    This collector of useless clutter.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Volgerle View Post
    drafting possibility should be activated. I think this is possible. I searched sth on the net. It seems to me that Admins could configure this.

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=142153
    Looks like a useful feature, and I'll pass it on to Robert (when he's back; he's away travelling now). This is an actual modification and not standard to the board, and nobody but Robert and his web guy have the ability to install mods. None of the moderators or administrators other than Robert have the ability to modify the board or install plugins or the like.

What really looks terrible is that some of the tiny font sizes (e.g. in s.o.'s signatures or if you really formatted it this way in the text) were now imported with absolute mega-size instead.
    Yes, but there's no way to fix that on a global level. When I see fonts like that, I manually edit them, but other than forcibly deleting everyone's signatures, I can't see any way to fix it. I've manually fixed about five or six of those weird formatting sigs so far, though.

But hey, at least the smileys are cool.
    Most of them I actually had on my hard drive, believe it or not.

This isn't technically a bug..., but it would be great to have a link back to the main page of the forum at the bottom of the thread page. When the posts are long scrolling back up to the top is a pain in the you-know-what.

Nevermind. I found it. It's all the way at the bottom of the page...
    Last edited by Mishell; 13th June 2011 at 02:36 PM.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast