Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Please report any/all forum weirdness so we can fix it!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mishell View Post
    Nevermind. I found it. It's all the way at the bottom of the page...
    Yep me too now, thanks for pointing it out, never noticed it before, was there one on the old forum, cos if there was i don't think i used that one either !!
    " the core of spirituality is to optimize your personal evolution" ~ Robert Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by CaterpillarWoman View Post
    When I see fonts like that, I manually edit them, but other than forcibly deleting everyone's signatures, I can't see any way to fix it. I've manually fixed about five or six of those weird formatting sigs so far, though.
    I could swear it was there days ago, but I cannot find the "Edit Post" button anymore. I tried to edit out a few of the megasizefonts in my Lucidiary, but now it seems I can't, for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by Volgerle View Post
    I could swear it was there days ago, but I cannot find the "Edit Post" button anymore. I tried to edit out a few of the megasizefonts in my Lucidiary, but now it seems I can't, for the time being.
    now I see it's possible in this thread, but still not in mine and many others as it seems

Blog Entries
    now I see it's possible in this thread, but still not in mine and many others as it seems
    Hi Volgerle, i think i've already asked about this, check the earlier comments of this thread.... ?
    " the core of spirituality is to optimize your personal evolution" ~ Robert Bruce

Blog Entries
    At the moment, the forum is set to make it so posts can't be edited after twelve hours have elapsed. It's possible to set the time to longer (24 hours is common and popular on a lot of forums). The mods need to discuss it a bit more to see what we think would work well.

Historically, while the vast majority of participants are completely reasonable in the editing of old posts, we have had some who would come along and delete all their content, leaving a thread pretty much nonsense and impossible to follow, so we are inclined to have SOME limitation. If 12 hours is too short, we can make it longer, though.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Thumbs down

when i use the "reply to thread" button there is no

"qouting" option.( i mean to quote several people in one post , not just one by "reply using quote" button)
    "Highlighting or italicizing option.Isn't available so is color and all that.
    "Icons" appear on the sujbect header and not the posts interior content itself.
    I see other people using emoticons either they are imported off-site or not appearing in my reply abilities.
    "Editing" and the features missing above cant be done BEFORE you shoot your post into a thread.You wait 12 hrs and THEN get the ability to edit it? HUNH? how does that make any sense? on a more productive note still i thinking editing that way adds not detracts from the quality of a thread.

was the wait-12hr-before-edit a decision of the admin or a consensual opinion of all the moderators themselves?
    (Initially edit options were avaiable and now they've suddenly vanished).
    Last edited by psionickx; 13th June 2011 at 03:11 PM.

I really would only like to edit out a few of them in my Journal, for understandable reasons , here's an example (it was originally formatted in VERY tiny font):

http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/sho...6897#post96897

I agree to psionickx regarding an immediate possibilty to re-edit some typos or mistakes to make posts more understandable and legible. It helps to make the forum entries better, not worse.

I don't understand this decision of not being able to post-Edit. I have also never seen such a thing configured in any other forum. The few instances that are given as a reason do not justify this in my view at all.

Quote Originally Posted by CaterpillarWoman
    At the moment, the forum is set to make it so posts can't be edited after twelve hours have elapsed. It's possible to set the time to longer (24 hours is common and popular on a lot of forums). The mods need to discuss it a bit more to see what we think would work well.
    Frankly post-editing makes ZILCH as sense.I'm not a member to any of those and nor is Volgerle... sites where there is no liberty or freedom of voicing yourself in the manner you so desire (fascists would appeal to others of their kin ofcourse).The old site had none of this hog-wash and managed to accrue quite a number of members.

Historically, while the vast majority of participants are completely reasonable in the editing of old posts.
    so how is the new format encouraging misuse exactly?

we have had some who would come along and delete all their content, leaving a thread pretty much nonsense and impossible to follow, so we are inclined to have SOME limitation.
    Didnt happen in an entire year+ i was there....hmmmm.......oh well C does run a tight ship.Filling big shoes isn't - easy so i will not hold against that against the currently active moderators (as "super" as they have labelled themself to be)

I used the italicizing option to put on emphasis on what i mean to emote the most.without a proper editing panel like it was on the last board : writing is no longer fun.Just that simple.PERIOD.

Blog Entries
    Guys, we're still working out the bugs, and I'm sure that the editing thing can be adjusted when we're all up to speed. Unfortunately I can't be active for a few more days, can't be helped at the moment. But thanks for the vote of confidence.
    BTW the titles came with the format, it's built in.
    AD Pedia:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/sho...abetical-Order
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php

"Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast