Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: Please report any/all forum weirdness so we can fix it!

Blog Entries

Re: Please report any/all forum weirdness so we can fix it!

Yes and I'm working on them. Because the new site has things in different places, and he has rewritten many of his SD and NEW tutorials, I've been having a hard time locating things. There are other technical problems I'm having in rewriting the AD pedia in alphabetical order due to it's size (I have to rewrite the entire thing, not just replace the broken links) so it's going slowly, but it is going.
    What I've done so far is to redirect the links in some stickied topics that were broken before, but he AD Pedia is quite large and it's taking me a long time- but it is being worked on.

PS. Thank you for letting me know someone actually uses the AD Pedia- I've been wondering if anyone had noticed (or cared) many of the links were broken or directed to the archived themes, since it's taking me so long to fix it.
    AD Pedia:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/sho...abetical-Order
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php

"Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

It was part of my "welcome back" tour of the (new) forums, since because I hadn't logged in for almost 2 years.

I'll report back if I find any more wackiness.

P.S. It's good to be back.

3. Re: Please report any/all forum weirdness so we can fix it!

I have an strange problem with my email. My main email account does not receive any email from your forum Server. I tried 2 email adresses from it. The affected email adresses ends with @arcor.de . This is the first time, that this E-Mail account does not receive a mail, which was sended. Other mails are still arriving, and i entered the adresses correctly. Any yes, i checked also the spam folder.

I had to use my "emergency account" to register. This account received the activation mail immediately.

Blog Entries

pm me the account you are using, to see if it's set to send you emails.

Blog Entries

Technically, there's no reason why this board software would be able to send mail successfully to one account and not another. It just sends, that's it. It doesn't discriminate, and has no way to do so. Mail is sent, it goes out from the system, and if the email address is invalid (which I'm not suggesting is what happening here) or there's some other issue, it doesn't matter. It all gets sent.

Therefore, it's got to be something between here and there, and most probably on the receiving ISP's end. Some ISPs use various kinds of "greylisting" or "blacklisting" and will automatically reject at the mail gateway on the server any mail that doesn't conform to certain technical parameters. This is generally done to cut down on spam, of course, but if something on the sending end isn't configured to exact technical specifications, legitimate mail can be rejected, as well.

And due to the way a board like this is set up, we have no way of checking to see if mail is being bounced back, as far as I know. I believe the board sends from a "noreply" address, and anything sent to it goes directly to the bit bucket.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Really minor bug, my enter key doesn't work on Astral Dynamics :p

Haha...it works in word processing programs and other webforms, but in the AD "quick reply" form (and also go-advanced mode) it's unresponsive.

It's really easy to work around with copy/paste, figured it couldn't hurt to report anyway.

This is a new ASUS laptop running Windows 8. What else should I post?

Blog Entries

That's weird. What browser are you using? Try a different browser and see what happens. (I like Chrome and Firefox; you could also try Opera). It's almost certainly something on your end, some way that your browser or other aspect of the system is interpreting some of the code on this site (I've had similar things happen, though not lately).

If all else fails, though, you can type out what you want to write in Notepad or some other text editor (I recommend NoteTab, which is free, but very rich in features), and then copy and paste and post that way. I've done that sometimes, and if nothing else, it gives you a chance to really think about it before you click "send".
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflywoman
    if nothing else, it gives you a chance to really think about it before you click "send".
    Hey! Why would I do that! I...uhh...always think out my replies, make sure they are really intelligent, and stuff, before I hit the post-button-thing.

I downloaded Firefox and my enter key works! I was using Internet Explorer. >< I had gone on a lengthy internet hiatus and forgotten that IE has some bugs and nonsense. Thanks Butterflywoman!

Blog Entries

Glad to see my old ISP support tech skills still work.

Blog Entries

I use Safari on my Windows whatever I got. And I hate IE.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8