Thread: Smileybox and WYSIWYG Editor

Blog Entries

Smile Smileybox and WYSIWYG Editor

I have manually re-uploaded all the smileys and manually typed in all the text they're meant to replace. As far as I know, they should all work now. We also have a lot more of them to choose from.

If you want the "smileybox" on the right side of your editing screen when you post or reply, you need to do this:

Settings (upper right portion of forum)
    My Settings (left hand side): General Settings
    From there, go down to the Miscellaneous Options section and choose Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing

It it is apparently possible to enable this by default on a global level, but I lack the administrative permissions to do it. When Robert gets the time to do it (I understand he's currently travelling), we'll get him to sort it out once and for all.

In the meantime, it's easy to turn on, as noted above.

I've also seen to it that there is now a "preview" option for posting, in all cases.
    Last edited by ButterflyWoman; 11th June 2011 at 07:45 PM.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Blog Entries
    There are now a lot more smileys. Not all are displayed on the smiley panel thingame (assuming you're using the WYSIWYG editor), but if you use the drop down smiley link at the top of the WYSIWYG editor or you click the [More] button on the smiley panel thingame, you can see them all.

Some will be more useful than others, but I considered the sort of conversations people tend to have here and I figured these would be useful.

You can contact me if you'd like to see some special smiley icon added, but I'm not inclined to go out searching for them. If you know where they are and can show me via URL or email them to me, I'm much more inclined to review them and add them in. Gratuitious smley use:
    Last edited by ButterflyWoman; 12th June 2011 at 06:11 AM.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Blog Entries

Re: Smileybox and WYSIWYG Editor

Just FYI, I've had a bit of a tweak of the smiley box thingame (that's a technical term, you understand), and now in the full bells and whistles WYSIWYG editor and the Standard editor you can access all the smiley icons. In the Standard editor (which is what I use), there's a button up at the top with a smiley on it. If you click that, you get the full array of smileys to choose from. In the Advanced view (and the WYSIWYG editor), they're along the right side with a link to click for [More]. I tried to put the most common ones first and the more contentious ones later in the list.

Blog Entries

I personally like to 'Go Advanced' and see all my options.
    AD Pedia:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/sho...abetical-Order
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php

"Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CW
    My Settings (left hand side): General Settings
    From there, go down to the Miscellaneous Options section and choose Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing

It it is apparently possible to enable this by default on a global level, but I lack the administrative permissions to do it. When Robert gets the time to do it (I understand he's currently travelling), we'll get him to sort it out once and for all.

In the meantime, it's easy to turn on, as noted above.

I've also seen to it that there is now a "preview" option for posting, in all cases.

I'm guessing you turned it on for all/me? Thanks, lovely!
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)