Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Arguments against Monism / Source

Quote Originally Posted by CaterpillarWoman
    In fact, a number of well respected and prominent physicists and mathematicians have openly questioned whether objective reality exists at all
    Thankyou for posting this - i had no idea this was actually the going frank expert-opinon.Coming infact from those who forte it is to make it so.
    For me personally i would much rather take into consideration what comes right from a intrapersonal liaison with a scientist and frankly such "inside information" is a luxury very few can brag much less expound.
    You hear so frequently of this so called undergrad ,fly-by-night , run off the mill "published research" : "In a double-blind triple-trial placebo-placed 100 volunteer study we have postulated to produce result by showing that the String-Theory mainly posits that the electrons and quarks within an atom are infact not 0-dimensional objects as hoi polloi so assumes".

Quote Originally Posted by wstein
    Nice try, but this IS your reality.
    Like i said before opining either form/query/interjection or so called "bon mots" it generally fares well to be in clear stance of standing pertinent to given subject matter - if only to see how the discourse in question proceeds.

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler
    the discussions get interesting
    Agreed.Given the stellar caliber of intellect here at AD it is very much an upshot more possible than not - reality in abeyance ,ceramic , flux or otherwise.

The original question and caterpillarwoman's first answer bring to mind a zen kōan:

Two monks were watching a flag flapping in the wind. One said to the other, “The flag is moving.”
    The other replied, “The wind is moving.”
    Huineng overheard this. He said, “Not the flag, not the wind; mind is moving.”
    Endurance, as everywhere, will be the measure of your success.

sleeper Guest

Re: Arguments against Monism / Source

Quote Originally Posted by D.O. View Post
    If everything is "me", how come if someone burns some wood in New Zealand, I don't become burned?

If someone in the Universe becomes 100% enlightened, will I automatically become enlightened?

It might actually be dangerous to achieve unity with Source, since if someone breaks a pencil in half, you would instantly be snapped in half.
    would you say that your actions don't affect others?

would you say that your thoughts don't affect others?

finally, would you say that your emotions don't influence others?

i don't condone most of the popularized hub-dub about this topic, however, i can not deny that it has legitimacy. The question that i'd like you to answer is whether the connection might be subtle ,or gross?

if the 'connection' was obvious for all to see, and it was large (gross), then how much space would it occupy? would we have room to walk around it - or would we all be entangled by it's web?

Blog Entries

I think its a matter of awareness. I think in time, we all become connected as far as a type of communal mind. When and how that happens, I don't know. I tend to think it may be a sort of maturity into this communal mind. I think most of us humans are as children (awareness wise); including me. I believe we (in our western ways) are just beginning to scratch the surface. Of course, there are those who are very aware, maybe like the Tibetian cave dwellers as a type of example. Catch the rays of the Milky Way, while its visible!
    Grant

I can't buy into monism/source. Not at all, really.

If I am God than why are children being raped, murdered and starving to death? If I am God, why am I not nursing the poor in India? Mother Teresa did. If I am God why can't I influence the mind of the politicians who imprison political activists? Nelson Mandela did. If I am God , why can't I appear to someone in prayer on the other side of the world to encourage them? Christ can, Sai Baba can. If I am God, why can't I teach non violence to end prejudice and hate crimes? Martin Luther King did. If I am God, why can't I transmute my inner demons and live without sin? Many saints have done so. Clearly we have different abilities and expectations.

It is semantics. We are of God , We are of source. We are all united in one universal mind. But we are not one in the physical world of suffering or in the afterlife worlds, either. We are not the non sentient rock.

We are born , most of us, one at a time. We die , most of us, one at a time. We are like snowflakes each unique each having commonality, each derived from source.

Om Shanti.
    ~*~Love , Light & Laughter ~*~

IA56 Guest

As I did understand my diviver line experience that God has nothing to do with this world....but all to do with what I want to call infinity.
    Here in duality we got to train us...like mother Theresa did....like Mathin Luther King did and Jesus and Guru Nanak and so forth..
    We have this "free will" and we can choose when we have avakenen so much that we can take a dessission...that we know so much what to choose between....No one is lost...No one is left behind...it take´s only different time to choose infinty....mean while we do have lokation´s in the duality...or in negativity....all is our own choise.....and to be total honest...I am not sure I will choose infinity when that time come´s for me to choose....I might not feel I am ready to be ONE so to speak....but I might also have so much life left that I can be sure where I want after this life....it is indeed interesing