Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Arguments against Monism / Source

Wink Arguments against Monism / Source

If everything is "me", how come if someone burns some wood in New Zealand, I don't become burned?

If someone in the Universe becomes 100% enlightened, will I automatically become enlightened?

It might actually be dangerous to achieve unity with Source, since if someone breaks a pencil in half, you would instantly be snapped in half.
    Last edited by D.O.; 13th June 2011 at 01:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by D.O. View Post
    If everything is "me", how come if someone burns some wood in New Zealand, I don't become burned?

If someone in the Universe becomes 100% enlightened, will I automatically become enlightened?

It might actually be dangerous to achieve unity with Source, since if someone breaks a pencil in half, you would instantly be snapped in half.
    Lately I've been thinking of this type of thing as a reunion with the source instead of homogeneity. Kind you like you are visiting a long lost friend, family or college.

That state of being connected to everything, in my experience, is still contained within a unique sense of individuality.
    You haveeyes each composed of 130 million photoreceptor cells. In each of those cells there’s 100 trillion atoms that’s more than all the stars in the Milky way galaxy.However each atom in each cell in each eye formed in the core of a star billions of years ago and yet here they are today being utilized to capture the energy released from that same process all to expand the consciousness of you. It's ironic in that you are the universe experiencing itself And all you are is a thought.

How come if you burn your hand, your back is not also burned?

FYI Joining source means that there is no anything else (New Zealand or anywhere else), it’s all the same one.
    Sin nada (Nothing is impossible)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by D.O. View Post
    Because the burn is an illusion, the fire is an illusion, you are an illusion, the wood is an illusion, New Zealand is an illusion, and the biggest illusion of all is that there is separation between these illusory things.

Imagine one consciousness, and it is dreaming that it is billions and billions or even infinite separate and distinct selves of all sorts and descriptions. The dream is self-generating and builds on itself, and every one of the dream characters feels like it is independent of all the others. Consciousness is present in all of them (although, obviously, awareness is not present in most of them).
    Last edited by ButterflyWoman; 13th June 2011 at 05:53 AM.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Quote Originally Posted by CaterpillarWoman View Post
    DISCLAIMER: I write from my present unique interpretation of my direct experience of that which we call reality. Your reality may vary.
    Nice try, but this IS your reality.
    Sin nada (Nothing is impossible)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wstein View Post
    Nice try, but this IS your reality.
    I'm aware of that.
    Last edited by ButterflyWoman; 14th June 2011 at 03:39 PM.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Blog Entries

Why I moved this thread

I moved this thread because it was originally posted in the 'Ask RB' forum.
    D.O., if your intention was to hear Robert's answer only, please write a new post for Robert- Sorry about this, sometimes we don't realize it's the wrong forum to answer, and the discussions get interesting.

Ps. I had replied also and deleted my answer originally after I realized where it was (a few days ago, I think) so I'll repeat what I said before-

If I have an egg, and cook it and fry it, and eat only half, and leave the other half in the pan, is the leftover not also 'egg'?

Cheers.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler View Post
    Sorry about this, sometimes we don't realize it's the wrong forum to answer, and the discussions get interesting.
    Ooops! I thought it WAS in Down Under. D'oh!

(We might have to look into disallowing posting in Ask Robert for all except Robert. Not sure precisely how we'd do that, but I think it can be done...)

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler
    If I have an egg, and cook it and fry it, and eat only half, and leave the other half in the pan, is the leftover not also 'egg'?

...now thats food for thaught.

Blog Entries
    How about this. If you don't like a spiritual-intuitive answer, how about a physics one?

It's because reality is holographic and time and space are illusions. In fact, a number of well respected and prominent physicists and mathematicians have openly questioned whether objective reality exists at all. And, there's also the question of quantum entanglement.

Feel free to google the terms holographic reality and space time illusion if you really want to know more.