The rope technique has given me its share of issues. First off I have not been able to cause vibrations from it, but try to use it when they begin. So far no real luck. Part of the problem is my logic, once I pull, I ussually feel or imagine myself going up and up... Well my mind shifts into above roof etc. Within 2 minutes I am climbing into space..lol As you can imagine this really is not doing the trick. SHifting focus outside of ones body with the pull feel seems to be the trick, and as such I will focus more on the feeling or sensation of pulling without it taking me anywhere but a few inches away. This might do the trick.

I also saw in your post something in regards to gravity. Robert mentions that we have a gravitational mindset that we must overcome, in nother words we are so used to gravity that we think its there after an exit. This is simply not the case. Gravity (other then our own habitual expectation of it) has no bearing whatsoever on the projected double.

Not an expert here, but is there a chance you are being succesfull but becuse of the mind split you don't realise it? Possibly focusing too much on the effort without leaving some space for the possibility it has occured already? Do you experience a total loss of effects when vibrations stop? If so there is very good chance a mind split is occuring..